Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chakravyuh8

Rconnect Dialer With Spyware!

When I had run Rconnect dialer for the first time,A cashbuddy program self- installed in my system.When I tried to uninstall it from control panel, it started asking questions-- why do u wish 2 uninstall,etc,etc.Later on while uninstalling it the system hanged.After rebooting I found out that it was still there and had not been uninstalled!! :angry:

After running an anti-spyware program in my system,many programs were caught to be spying on my pc,which included that cashbuddy program too.My system was then totally under the mercy of spyware and viruses :help: .

After formatting and reinstalling Windows XP,I installed rconnect dialer,but never opened it.I removed the dialer shortcut from the desktop.To connect , I use the windows dialer instead from then on by dialing #777.

Plz share ur comments.

download and install Ad-Aware SE from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

and remove all that spywares. :help:

I think it may not have come from the dialer prog directly.

Thanks!! I just installed MS-Antispyware and it has found no spyware in my system,since my OS has been reinstalled. :help:

30041[/snapback]

Firstly, the problem you mentioned will happen using any internet connection. Spyware can encroach on your system if you do not use a proper anti-virus. So the best thing to do is to use a properly updated anti-virus, and a firewall (Windows ICF, default with XP SP-2 is ideal).

So, ALWAYS use an anti-virus, and make sure that its updated regularly. I use Kaspersky, and find it the best of the lot.

You can even try ZoneAlarm another good firewall and set only a few programs to use internet!!

Thanx 2 all.I hope my comp is safe after the win firewall and anti-virus integration!!MS Spyware is also on the watch!!

bye

BEWARE-MS Spyware is gr8 but doesnt recognize a particular trojan VIRUS!! I read it in digit.So.......Here goes........ ;)