Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Vinod Nayak

How To Get Stand Alone DVR Online Using Static IP

This setup is for setting a DVR online using static IP on Beetel ADLS Modem + Router 440TXI

The pic below shows direct log in usually people just type 192.168.1.1 to log in.

post-81420-0-10089900-1385133033_thumb.p

For advanced configuration one has to type 192.168.1.1/html/index1.html

post-81420-0-99410200-1383141628_thumb.p

Select Advanced In The Main Menu

post-81420-0-03348400-1383142723_thumb.p

Under Advanced Select Lan Clients

post-81420-0-57052600-1383142759_thumb.p

Select Lan group 1 and enter your INTERNAL STATIC IP of DVR

in my case its 192.168.1.5 and name it anything you want (DVR in my case)

One added it will show like i have marked in BLUE

post-81420-0-43505800-1383142895_thumb.p

Now Select Port Forwarding On The Left Side Menu Shown in Red

and then the appropriate WAN connection in BLUE

post-81420-0-25178900-1385132920_thumb.p

In My Case Its Airtel, Under Airtel Select User Shown in BLUE & Select New Marked in GREEN

post-81420-0-91185000-1385132987_thumb.p

This Is What You Get

post-81420-0-75691800-1385142651_thumb.p

The Enter RuleName "DVR" or "NEWDVR" As Shown Marked In RED

Select TCP/UDP Under Protocol Marked In BLUE

Port Start 7777 Port End 7777 & Port Map 7777 As Shown Marked In ORANGE

Also Add One More Port For Mobile Devices, In My DVR The HTTP Port Is 7777 and Mobile Port is 8888

So Make Sure You Add 2 Ports Here According To Your DVR Settings

post-81420-0-95513900-1385133017_thumb.p

Now Save it And Select Tools Marked in GREEN in Main Menu

post-81420-0-95513900-1385133017_thumb.p

Under tools select System Commands marked in RED then select Save All marked in GREEN

And finally select Restart Access Point marked in ORANGE

post-81420-0-01360300-1385133023_thumb.p

That should restart your router and your DVR should be online now.

You can check it by putting your static ip provided by service provider in browser and check.

Remember when you are on the same network you wont be able to use static ip, To view the DVR,you

will have to use your internal ip (192.168.1.5 in my case) but if you are not in the same connection

as your DVR only then you can use your static ip.

I hope this helps :)

Edited by Vinod Nayak
  • Like 1

@Vinod this is very simple and I've the same in my office. I assume that you are not using any firewall. Also you use 192.168.1.5:7777 to access the DVR from your network. Also ensure that DVR internal IP is fixed and does not take from DHCP server.

You need to open port 7777 on your router (fix IP router) and forward it to your DVR internal IP ie 192.168.1.5. This option should be under "Port Forwarding" . But again varies from router to router. once done, access your DVR from browser with 202.202.202.202:7777 (you need to use actual IP address followed by :7777 )

If you are behind firewall, then you need to do the same settings in firewall device/software.

Edited by csmart
  • Like 2

@Vinod this is very simple and I've the same in my office. I assume that you are not using any firewall. Also you use 192.168.1.5:7777 to access the DVR from your network. Also ensure that DVR internal IP is fixed and does not take from DHCP server.

You need to open port 7777 on your router (fix IP router) and forward it to your DVR internal IP ie 192.168.1.5. This option should be under "Port Forwarding" . But again varies from router to router. once done, access your DVR from browser with 202.202.202.202:7777 (you need to use actual IP address followed by :7777 )

If you are behind firewall, then you need to do the same settings in firewall device/software.

Can you please let me know the configuration for Dlink DCS 5222L(wifi cam) & with Belkin Router AC 750 DB.

@sathishq You need to change the IP address of the camera as per your router. Both should be in the same range. Check the default IP address, it should be mentioned on the camera/manual. IF not, then directly connect camera using ethernet cable to PC. After connection change the IP address. AS per the DLink, this is zero config camera if you have DLink wifi router. Once the camera has the same IP address, it should work. The details on how to change IP address should be there on the manual.

Dlink also has an app for android and iOS.

• Like 1

Guys, I am not networking engineer but can configure few things. I have Airtel DVR, TP Link Wifi Modem, BSNL broadband. I want to access DVR online.

Plz. let me know how can I do it ?

Can I add, remove files once it is accessible on my network ?

you need to tell your router following

1) IP address of DVR

2) on which port DVR is working

Your DVR should be on internal static IP address. and should have same range IP address of Router.

if you dont have static IP then you need to depend on DDNS servers like dyndns or DtDNS etc.. few are free and few are chargeable.

Also DDNS update client need to be compatible with your DVR or router ... even you can keep a PC client, but need pc online 24x7 (not convenient)

• Like 1

You need to open port 7777 on your router (fix IP router) and forward it to your DVR internal IP ie 192.168.1.5. This option should be under "Port Forwarding" . But again varies from router to router. once done, access your DVR from browser with 202.202.202.202:7777  (you need to use actual IP address followed by :7777 )

The internal ip works on both pc client and my s4 that's only when all three are connected to the same router.

But using 3g even if I use staticip: port it does not connect.

BEETEL 440TXI Modem+ Router,

Online sites show clearly an ADVANCE option for port forwarding, but when I log on to my router I do not see the same, maybe my modem firmware is old since the modem is more than 2 years old.

I want to go for a new modem, do all new modems have port forwarding by default?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

@sathishq You need to change the IP address of the camera as per your router. Both should be in the same range. Check the default IP address, it should be mentioned on the camera/manual. IF not, then directly connect camera using ethernet cable to PC. After connection change the IP address. AS per the DLink, this is zero config camera if you have DLink wifi router. Once the camera has the same IP address, it should work. The details on how to change IP address should be there on the manual.

Thank you RIM Veteran , Apps are there, but there are some security issues regards to privacy.Always video and audio will route through Dlink Web Service. So I want to use my own Static IP (which I have already purchased from Tikona) for privacy. And regarding the IP network Range, I will try and update you on this.

Vinod Nayak, on 28 Oct 2013 - 2:40 PM, said:

The internal ip works on both pc client and my s4 that's only when all three are connected to the same router.
But using 3g even if I use staticip: port it does not connect....

Try to upgrade firmware if possible. Port forwarding is quite old technology and compare to the age of your router. At times, ISPs also disable certain features on the routers. No idea why they do that. See if you have access to all the settings. Here are the links that are as old as 2007-08 which provides info forwarding on the router i question..

http://smallsomethings.blogspot.in/2007/09/port-forwarding-beetel-440tx.html

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/port-forward-problem-with-beetel-440txi.49788/

If nothing works, can you post exact error message you get while accessing and also screen shot of router setup page.

Edited by csmart

Under port forwarding what do I enter for port start, port end & pry map?

All three should be 7777. This is the port number on which your DVR is working.

All three should be 7777. This is the port number on which your DVR is working. 

My dvr ip 192.168.1.5

2 PORTS 7777 for PC

& 8888 for mobile

Under advance I added the my dvr ip 192.168.1.5

Then went to port forwarding and added two ports 7777 & 8888

My dvr ip 192.168.1.5

2 PORTS 7777 for PC

& 8888 for mobile

You should do it twice, one for 7777 and other for 8888. It should work. If you give start port as 7777 and end port 8888 then it will open all the ports from 7777 to 8888 and it is not advisable.

Please confirm whether it is working or not. If not, if you can post or PM the error you are getting.

My dvr ip 192.168.1.5

2 PORTS 7777 for PC

& 8888 for mobile

You should do it twice, one for 7777 and other for 8888. It should work. If you give start port as 7777 and end port 8888 then it will open all the ports from 7777 to 8888 and it is not advisable.

Please confirm whether it is working or not. If not, if you can post or PM the error you are getting.

GOT IT WORKING,

recently when my static ip was configured in my router under the name Airtel, the old name con_2 which was for dynamic was still present, my dvr ip was to be added under Airtel(static), but unknowingly I added it to con_2 which was under lan_group1. I re-entered it in the right place, added 2 separate ports 7777 to 7777 Port Map 7777 &

8888 to 8888 Port Map 8888

Works without a glitch. Thanks all for the help.

just putting this for information..

suppose you have your static ip = 111.111.111.111

and you have forwarded the port no 8080 to local ip (DVR)

after forwarding is setup in routed, you cannot open 111.111.111.111:8080 in your local network, for local network always use local ip :8080

for testing port FWD, you need to test from outside network only.

Edited by ::Hitesh::

^^^ Hitesh, I don't agree with you. It will work if internet is available.

after forwarding is setup in routed, you cannot open 111.111.111.111:8080 in your local network, for local network always use local ip :8080

It will work, the DVR installs a ActiveX application on to the browser to make it work.

Prove me wrong then !! i will be happy to learn .

most of the low end routers dont support "routeback" and they fails to load their own port on static IP.

Also its better to test port FWD from out side the network.

It will work, the DVR installs a ActiveX application on to the browser to make it work.

Active X and port FWD is nothing to do.

ActiveX by DVR is for communication over internet, even you connect DVR directly to internet (w/o port FWD) it will ask you to install ActiveX .

• Like 1

@Hitesh Earlier this was the case. Many manufacturers, including Cicso, used to disable this feature for the reasons known to them. But things have changed a lot. I've seen many routers do not allow this feature with default username and/or password. Earlier, I had Dlink router and LinkSys WRT310N both allowed me to do that. Now I am behind hardware firewall and still it is working.

Check this link that can be helpful.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1429032

What about apple time capsule or apple airport extreme? Are they allow this feature?

@Hitesh Earlier this was the case. Many manufacturers, including Cicso, used to disable this feature for the reasons known to them. But things have changed a lot. I've seen many routers do not allow this feature with default username and/or password. Earlier, I had Dlink router and LinkSys WRT310N both allowed me to do that. Now I am behind hardware firewall and still it is working.

Check this link that can be helpful.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1429032

I do agree on above, but there are many manufacturers dont allow, mostly with old builds.

Also it is always better to test it from outside the network, and thats the main purpose for port FWD for DVR

Thank you RIM Veteran , Apps are there, but there are some security issues regards to privacy.Always video and audio will route through Dlink Web Service. So I want to use my own Static IP (which I have already purchased from Tikona) for privacy. And regarding the IP network Range, I will try and update you on this.

Please find my configuration given below screenshots, Cam and Router are in same IP Range.

But I dont know how to enter Public Static IP to my Camera.

post-64274-0-58193300-1383103802_thumb.j

post-64274-0-62068500-1383103804_thumb.j

post-64274-0-19680400-1383103807_thumb.j

First, you check internally whether you can access the camera from browser or not.. using 192.168.2.xxx

The staic IP will be on your Tikona router. Now set up port forward on Tikona. I don't whether it is allowed on it or not. Earlier they had very weird customised firmware on their device. Check the DLink manual to see on which port it is working. Open that port on your Tikona router and forward it to Dlink camera..

Edited by csmart

First, you check internally whether you can access the camera from browser or not.. using 192.168.2.xxx

The staic IP will be on your Tikona router. Now set up port forward on Tikona. I don't whether it is allowed on it or not. Earlier they had very weird customised firmware on their device. Check the DLink manual to see on which port it is working. Open that port on your Tikona router and forward it to Dlink camera..

I got the camera control screen and live video when I type https://123.xx.xxx.xx(public ip) without any configuration.

I got the camera control screen and live video when I type https://123.xx.xxx.xx(public ip) without any configuration.

This you got from the same network that's connected to your modem also ? Or from a different internet connection?

Under port forwarding you have to add 2 ports under your DVR,s internal ip.

My DVR is 192.168.1.5

Http added from 7777 to 7777

Mobile added from 8888 to 8888

When im internally or in the same.internet connection that my dvr is connected I have to use this ip. And when I'm on 3g.ill have to use my static.ip.

Asee is there for all OS.

I'm putting up a tutorial in the OP soon with pics. Maybe that will help all.