Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

If you are able to flash TWRP, try to load the nandroid which you took using TWRP.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

tried rooting but failed due to rsa security check which i cannot do so, as usb debugging is off, screen touch doesnot work
Debug has to be on.

Did you reflash ?

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Hi,

First of all thanks a lot all for such details post.. awesome work

however i have few queries before i start.

1) in software information the software version is LS980. does it mean i have stock rom already? if that is the case do i still need to flash the stock rom?

2) If it is already having stock rom can i go ahead with rooting the phone and then unlocking it?

3) is TWRP installtion compulsory?

will the phone work with other networks in US if taken back.

sorry for the basic questions.

thanks in advance.

Unlock has to be done only on ZV7.

LS980 is the G2 model name, you need not flash anything right now, just enable debug & root the phone. Follow step by step procedure for unlock. Go to settings/about phone/software information/software version, check it see if it's on ZV7 or ZV8 or ZVA, if your are on ZVA or ZV8 then you have to downgrade to ZV7. If you are on ZV8 simply follow my other thread "How to unbrick/unroot" But if you are on ZVA then it's a totally different method. I have shared a link of XDA on how to.

TWRP or CWM are custom recoveries, it's better if you install any one & do a full backup of the phone, and then copy it to your computer. With stock recovery it's not possible to backup.

Make sure you take EFS backup after rooting the phone. It's VERY IMPORTANT. How to take EFS backup is in the main thread.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Hey guys I did the procedure and it worked for the network. However I'm having problems with the data. I cannot change the APN to the one that it will work. What can I do about it??

Did you replace the apn.conf.xml file like it's mentioned in the OP?

• Like 1

Yes I did everything as mentioned but I see now that everything is back as it was after each time I restart the phone.

What baseband where you on when you unlocked, and did you alter any files before unlocking?

Yes I did everything as mentioned but I see now that everything is back as it was after each time I restart the phone.

What baseband where you on when you unlocked, and did you alter any files before unlocking?

Right now I'm on 2.0.20018 and software version ZVA. But I've made the update yesterday.

Right now I'm on 2.0.20018 and software version ZVA. But I've made the update yesterday.

Im not sure if we can downgrade to ZV7 directly from ZVA, as i have not yet tried it. i guess we need to downgrade the aboot first and then try to flash the ZV7 or ZV8 firmware. im in communication with a XDA friend and will be able to give correct information in sometime, maybe tonight or tomorrow morning.

for now please hold on :)

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Permanent Unlock GSM LS980 G2 by LG

Very Important:

CODE:

THIS UNLOCK WORKS ONLY ON ZV7 BASEBAND.
SO PROCEED ONLY IF YOU ARE ON ZV7 & COMPLETE STOCK STATE.

Thank you very much.. All is Well.... All Worked Nice and the best..

Permanent Unlock GSM LS980 G2 by LG

Very Important:

CODE:

THIS UNLOCK WORKS ONLY ON ZV7 BASEBAND.
SO PROCEED ONLY IF YOU ARE ON ZV7 & COMPLETE STOCK STATE.

Thank you very much.. All is Well.... All Worked Nice and the best..

i hv unlocked it on zv8 stock with root using io11 root

then updated to spark official ota zva

still unlocked on gsm and everything is working perfect.

• Like 2

I'm glad that we have great personalities like Vinod here. When I was in a pinch while permanent GSM unlocking my friend's G2, he asked me my teamviewer details. Connected to my PC next minute and did all the work in a flash. What a guy!! Thanks a lot mate. Salute!!! :hi2:

• Like 2

one problem

there is no audio settings

on previous updates it used to hv audio settings to change effects for music and videos

i used to set it for dolby digital sound.

but audio effects settings is blocked in latest zva firmware.

I just have some questions. With this, can I take my phone to other GSM carriers outside U.S.? Like a carrier from Mexico?

I just have some questions. With this, can I take my phone to other GSM carriers outside U.S.? Like a carrier from Mexico?

Yes it works outside the US.

Unlock works also on ZVA. tested by me. Works flawlessly

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Unlock works also on ZVA. tested by me. Works flawlessly

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Given credits for testing in the OP

• Like 2

I had a problem.

Hello I want to say that it worked perfectly. It was unlocked for a Mexican carrier with calls, texts and even data, but it only lasted for a while (a couple of hours) before an error window popped saying "com.android.phone has stopped", it is annoying because every time I tapped "ok" on the error window, it just kept showing again and again every second. And the files from the property folder were gone, I was able to put them back, factory reset the phone and everything was fine again (calls, texts and data), but the error window showed up again like 30 minutes later. Is there a way to keep it unlocked? or did I did something wrong?

I also want to thank for this amazing and simple way to unlock the phone, I'm very thankful

What baseband where you on when you did this unlock.

Have you followed all steps?

Complete stock state?

Telephony.db did you delete that file?

Explain what steps you followed in brief.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

Yes, you have to be complete stock with stock recovery & if you have frozen or renamed apps to block bloatware or stop activate notification, then you have to undo all those. If one app is missed the OTA will fail.