Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ashoksoft

Think Different

Was having a chat with one of my firends, who happens to be developing applications for Reliance Mobiles. I asked him, if it is possible to upload our own applications to the mobile in such a way that I can execute it from someplace (like in R-World), he then told me that the application has to be registered with Reliance and that reliance was allowing developers to test their applications thro DADP (not quite sure... third party info). He also confirmed that you "CAN" access files from the local filesystem provided the path is well defined..

Now guys why dont we get cracking this .... LG RD2030 has about 4 MB storage space,

sufficient for 1 MP3 song at least, why dont we try out making an MP3 player in J2ME ?

Well, I on my part will try on this... and also keep u updated about this...

Comments and help greatly accepted ...

AshokSoft

Now guys why dont we get cracking this .... LG RD2030 has about 4 MB storage space,

sufficient for 1 MP3 song at least, why dont we try out making an MP3 player in J2ME ?

31429[/snapback]

That would be really great. We can also use the same for LG6130 as well.

Would appreciate if someone comes up with the same.

Edited by Chirag

Given the memory, OS, processor & speaker constraints of mobile phones I dont think MP3 playback is very feasible unless supported by the core OS.

LG RD2030 has about 4 MB storage space,

31429[/snapback]

if its got 4mb i believe around 5-6 full songs can be easily put by reducing the bitrate to around 32 bits.

Dont speak stupid things, because Ur idea is good, but Just see about the Quality of the Sound with a reliance mobile speaker. also We can stream sound no need to download to the phone. There is a technology for WAP 2 Phones to stream sounds, why cant we try that way

Dont speak stupid things, because Ur idea is good, but Just see about the Quality of the Sound with a reliance mobile speaker. also We can stream sound no need to download to the phone. There is a technology for WAP 2 Phones to stream sounds, why cant we try that way

33620[/snapback]

LG-6000 does support mp3 format. But max size limit is only 2mb.

The problem with supporting a compressed format like MP3 is that you need a really fast processor to de-compress it in real time. I doubt if any of the current phones on RIM can decode a 100-200+ bitrate song. However most "can" support wave format because it doesnt have any compression... thats why they're so huge!

33620[/snapback]

LG-6000 does support mp3 format. But max size limit is only 2mb.

33642[/snapback]

i am having around 4mb+ mp3'sin my fone rite this moment.

jus upload ur pics in gallery and graphics to ur pc in order to clear some memory.

also i've already tried putting in mp3's wid higher bitrates but 32 comes out the best. also a song of aroud 3 mins comes out around 600 bytes

Sure mate ... just kick around, what do u wish to know? I am around mate!

Cheers

Ashok

The problem with supporting a compressed format like MP3 is that you need a really fast processor to de-compress it in real time. I doubt if any of the current phones on RIM can decode a 100-200+ bitrate song. However most "can" support wave format because it doesnt have any compression... thats why they're so huge!

33644[/snapback]

True yaar!

33644[/snapback]

True yaar!

45464[/snapback]

Well, anyways, we're not trying to make a professional MP3 playes, now isnt it ?

and we KNOW that the phone handles other compression formats such as the EVDO , so why not low bitrate mp3?

...ah well, only if we could upload jars to the phone...

That is the king back in action ... where were u mate ! we were searching around for static ...

btw hez' got his exams ... and all,and he has buried himself in books for the moment ...

Cheers

Ashok

I prefer pics and vids.

Ok, it's more of content that matters, rather than the app.

You can, keep doing your app, as long as you wish .... just send me all the useful "content" by email !