Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anandanwar

RConnect Software on Laptop

Hi All,

I have decided to go with the Reliance RConnect for my laptop. I am going to go with Fixed Wireless Phone as I don't intend to use Wireless Service from Reliance. (Already have Orange in Mumbai)

But I do have a problem in hands.

I am having a 3 year old Dell Inspiron 4000 Laptop which I bought in US when I was worknig there.

The configuration is 700MHz, 256 MB, 50 GB and Win XP Pro SP1, but my CD/DVD ROM is not working anymore. I tried 100s of thing on it and its dead whatsoever.

Now the question is how do I get the RConnect software on my laptop. I checked and its about 7 MB. Will it possible to goto Web World and connect my laptop to their LAN and get the software.

Please Help

Alkesh

Not sure about that, maybe they will help you with it if you tell them the reason. Do let us know about it after visiting Web World.

Well I have the original CD for R Connect if u want ill put it on my ftp server and then u can download it if uve got an alternate connection else u culd download it on some other pc and put into floppies. The whole CD is 59 - 60 mb inclusive of Internet Explorer 6 and some drivers for usb i suppose

there is another solution for you.

if you use the serial cable insted of the usb cable then you dont need the rconnect dialer or the serial-usb drivers since this driver is the bulk of the size.

all you need to do is to copy the rconnect DUN file from a pc which has rconnect istalled and then copy it to your notebook. Once you install that you need to just change the username /password and then the port setting(name).

i havent tried this but it should work ok, since the lg phone works like a serial modem as far as the pc is concerned.

the init strings should be in the DUN file.

again i am not sure if this will work or not!!