Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
liquidnitrogen

Nokia 6255 Blues

That means you are using 32 MB card. Well then it's OK, Time to buy a new Card with more Memory and please be careful now.

41972[/snapback]

hehe thanks mukul... i recalled the passwd and its finally unlocked ... thanks a ton for the pointers :clap:

Edited by liquidnitrogen

Nitro:

Where did you take the phone? Is Nokia Care different from a Priority dealer? Where can I find them in Pune?

41762[/snapback]

nokia care is service centre for nokia phones its totally diffrent from nokia priority dealer

Thanks Gids,

I got their number. Apparently only 1 place in Pune fixes Nokia S/W problems. So I'll be dropping over there this coming weekend hopefully.

Yes I have seen and this is an exception, I am using Nokia 6255 for more than 2 Months now and never faced such big Problem. Tanveer's phone fell from 3rd floor and survived and is working fine now. So after all it is a machine that is why we get warrenty from the manufacture.

I've faced the reboot problem a couple of times (except in my collections folder which I've screwed myself)! And while it is a bug it isnt too much of an issue for me.

There is a firmware update someone pointed out 4.01 (from 4.0) but you'll need a phone flasher for that and I dont know if it fixes the problem or if RIM/Nokia supports it!

And Mukul I doubt if Tanveer dropped the phone FROM the 3rd floor. The phone isnt made of titanium and the like to withstand a 3 floor drop! :) But the phone is hardy as all Nokia models go except for the battery cover which is made from the cheapest plastics money can buy.

and I said what i did and what I experienced.

Any questions shoot!

Hi Guys,

I want this to come to your notice that Nokia 6255 has a serious problem.

Suggestion: Please dont use any other battery apart from supplied with the handset. Not even any other nokia original once.

I have a frequent usage of phone and bot a new battery from Nokia Care. The moment i inserted the battery and switched on the phone. The phone restart as frequent as you breath.

Now even after i am using the orinal suppied battery the phone is have the same problem.

Will go to the Nokia Care again and c what they have 2 say about it.

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

No reply2manish, I have checked my Nokia 6255 with other batteries and it did not give me any problem, So the problem is with your phone. Please get it checked at the nearest service centre.

Same here. I have used my Nokia 6600 battery in it. No issues still. Type the help on your phone and you see the power of your battery. mine says 1170 mah. Though the website says 1070 for a BL-6c. Also when i put the 6600 battery it shows 828 Mah inspite of the website saying 850 Mah.

Same here. I have used my Nokia 6600 battery in it. No issues still. Type the help on your phone and you see the power of your battery. mine says 1170 mah. Though the website says 1070 for a BL-6c. Also when i put the 6600 battery it shows 828 Mah inspite of the website saying 850 Mah.

43135[/snapback]

even i have tried with other nokia battery... and it didn't give me any problem on this new handset.

Guys am facing some problem with my 6255 handset..

Since yesterday the backlight of my keypad has turned off..

same was the case with one of my frnds handset too..

Any one else has the same problem ?

chill

No reply2manish, I have checked my Nokia 6255 with other batteries and it did not give me any problem, So the problem is with your phone. Please get it checked at the nearest service centre.

43124[/snapback]

Guys Ihave given my phone 2 nokia and they will replace it in a weeks time.

There is another member with the name Pbjain who have faced the same problem and got replaced 2 handsets bt the problem is still in his handset.

So as you guys are saying that battery is not an issue then it the phone quality is not gud.

When i went 2 nokia (Brightpoint) i could see many ppl there with some problem with this phone. There was a guy who bot the handset and the moment he used exchange card he faced the same problem.

Anyways keep me updated with these issues.

Thanks

r2m

Edited by reply2manish

Why don't you go to consumer court and ask for the refund.

43719[/snapback]

I think thats the last resort as i went to Nokia care 2day and they told 2 wait 4 another week i told them that either give me new piece in without any bug in it in a week's time or will go to consumer court and sue Nokia.

Why don't you go to consumer court and ask for the refund.

43719[/snapback]

Mukul what is the slot for behind the phone it looks like something related to my SIM card of GSM mobiles can i use the sim card in it i inserted in it and it goes in completely????

got my cell back. They replaced it with the new 1 burt i m just so scard of using it that it may not get the same prob as it was there earlier. I dnt want 2 give my phone 2 them again 4 20 days

hey its for all nokia 6255 users to enlist the drawbacks of the cell so that the viewers can realise the other side of the handset... also some technicals can solve the same as well... so to begin with here are some problems i'm facing:

1- wav format is not playable

2- sms limited to 90 only

3- bluetooth and infrared cannot be operated simlutaneously

4- it gets switched off automatically n restarts again

5- anti-virus not available

6- application cannot be downloaded from pc suite

7- cannot put an password activated lock on the memory card

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by attractive_vj