Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
liquidnitrogen

Nokia 6255 Blues

4- it gets switched off automatically n restarts again

45895[/snapback]

this problem is there in the nokia 6235 also ....

When I connect to R-connect via bluetooth, it disconnects frequently. I was wondering if you all could throw some light over why this is happening. Could it be that the radio waves of the CDMA and the radio waves of bluetooth be interfering with each other?

Thanks,

Maximus

1- wav format is not playable

2- sms limited to 90 only

3- bluetooth and infrared cannot be operated simlutaneously

4- it gets switched off automatically n restarts again

5- anti-virus not available

6- application cannot be downloaded from pc suite

7- cannot put an password activated lock on the memory card

<TOPIC MERGED!>

45895[/snapback]

1. WAV file size is too large. MP3. Much better thank you very much.

2. SMS - 140 char - could be more. But it works fine for most.

3. BT & IR cannot be activated together on any phone (that I know of)

4. Doesnt happen for me. Although I heard alot about this.

5. Its a series 40 phone. very proprietary code. You dont need any AV unlike the series 60 symbian phones.

6. Use mobimb

7. Yes you can lock your memory card. Highlight the card and go to options, you can set passwords, activate DRM for certain types of content and do a million more things!

Edited by anujit

BT & IR CAN be activated together on Sony Eric T610/630

I recently bought a 6255 - and it is NOT at all worth the price

PLS avoid that phone

I definately agree with u q999 nk 6255 is a crap (special memory card formated with nk 6255 is not used by nk 6255 itself but same memory card is used in digital cameras & symbian os based phones,by formating tried many times) & connectivity & batery s**ks compared to other cdma nokias

7. Yes you can lock your memory card. Highlight the card and go to options, you can set passwords, activate DRM for certain types of content and do a million more things!

Hi Anujit

how to activate DRM?

Thanks in advance

You need to have "protected" content to activate DRM.

For example if you have downloaded a game whose DRM says that you can play it only 5 times before you need to purchase the "activation code" which will let you play it 10 more times. So you enter that code in the DRM to re-activate the game to play 10 more times.

mohinder dont ever buy this even in wildest of ur dreams

Agreed with u supernova.nk6255 is wastage of money going only for bluetooth.Purchase nk6235 IR & Cable works perfect doing d same task.My choice nk3125 Best Batry backup & Network of all.

Edited by amitbt22

agreed too....i have kept my private other no on nokia 3125 only ...........but now will buy lg 6230 when it comes here

hi guys,

today i bought nokia 6255 for 11800/- here in bombay india from distributor (in reliance gallery its 13500/-). Phone appears to be working fine and i don't have any problems yet mentioned by other owners. I must say this is wonderful reliance phone (best in reliance) and it works fine with my jabra 250 bluetooth headset.

i will update you guys with its report after 2-3 days.

cheers!!!

If it has updated software after multiple complaints registered then it is OK.else u r lucky or experience it for some days.Good luck :lol: .Hope it will be fine.

Edited by amitbt22

best of luck !

here people are selling it for 7500-8000 just to get rid off

For d high price & bugs it is not worth to bear with it.& this is not only my personal view u can check various users.Inspite of low features & more pricing comparativly why nokia 3125 & nokia 6235 is preferable or sold out like hot cakes.

Edited by amitbt22

Though I myself am having a problem with this phone, except for the software problem i think it is a good phone for the price.

Bluetooth, Mp3 and AAC player, expandable memory(add to that GIF wallpapers and many others) are real good features not available on any other phone with reliance,

And as far as selling is concerned, I think it was the only handset whose price rose and then remained stationery as days passed. This is opposed to most of the phones launched by reliance where the prices tumbled after the initial perios.

and which other phones have been launched with reliance?

GTRAN and that crappy Motorolla?

6255 has given me 3 hours of talk time with bluetooth headset on in single charge. well, i have to go with this phone because i needed bluetooth headset connectivity and no other reliance phone has this feature so i really didn't had any choice. overall, i personally feel this phone is worth 10k if its not buggy more then that its just looting but what else you can do when you don't have any choice ?

also, i have sync it with my pc outlook and have tested other options through bluetooth (file transfer etc.) and all seems working fine. overall till this moment this phone is performing as it should.

Its not a problem handset buddy!

You may have an occasional problem as frequent as some of the GSM Nokia handsets maybe,

The more complicated a handset,the more likely is it to suffer from bugs so....

hi guys,

today i bought nokia 6255 for 11800/- here in bombay india from distributor (in reliance gallery its 13500/-). Phone appears to be working fine and i don't have any problems yet mentioned by other owners. I must say this is wonderful reliance phone (best in reliance) and it works fine with my jabra 250 bluetooth headset.

i will update you guys with its report after 2-3 days.

cheers!!!

Hi Mahinder,

From where did you buy the phone for that price? I am also planning to buy this phone. Please inform me if you know any shop in Bangalore which can give me the phone on that price.

Thanx.

hi,

I own a 6255 and in the morning I got a surprise to see the primary display on this phone going white(blank but with backlight). Took it to a Nokia Care (Hyd) and they asked me to get it after 5 days as they dont have another display to check.

Any suggestions on how to handle this problem?

And did anyone have this problem? I have restarted the phone many times but in vain. The phone wasnt exposed to water etc.. it was just lying there when i happened to flip it open and see no display.

Tx.

Shashank