Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lijodavis

Nokia 6255 And Palm

Hi friends,

i am from trichur,kerala.i got nokia 6255 last month. now only i got time to write this,sorry.

I tried connecting the 6255 to internet first thro' cable and via bluetooth both was working fine , i don't know how but i am getting connected at 460kb/s , also getting a download average speed of 22kb/s in flashget(a download manager)(this is using the dku-2 cable.and in bluetooth i am getting speeds around 15-16 kb/s.

All are fine and everybody have written this before.

My point is i had a palm zire 72 for more than 8 months and i tried so many ways to connect it to internet like i bought 6230 and airtel gprs connection but couldn't connect. since my model only supports old gsm phones. so i bought SE-T610 and tried with bsnl gprs it was connecting fine but very low speed, but for my fate the phone got repaired with in one week and no more i could find a new phone in trichur.

just two weeks before i tried simply connecting my palm with nokia 6255. it got connected fine.no problems at all.and the speed was very good .now i can download all mails browse any site ,check gmail etc very easily with my palm in my hand and nokia in my pocket or in my car.it doesn't gave any problems till now.i can take any photos with my nokia or palm and host it via ftp using palm.u can use messenger, yahoo or whatever software for palm u can make use of 6255 for the net use. it just act as a bluetooth modem.(u have to give the int string to get it connected as we did with the computer)

i think any palm supporting bluetooth can easily connected to internet via nokia 6255.

(may be guys in metros can connect to internet using gprs,but guys like me in trichur or any where in india have reliance range can easily get connected all the time to net without the need of laptop.)In my location this is the cheapest and the best way to get connected to the net all the time.i had used nokia 9500 for a week but in some areas gprs gets diconnected and low speed also expensive.

I got palm for around 12k and it has 1.3mp camera mp3 MMC , plenty of softwares too and a 320 X 320 screen (so u can easily browse the net or check mails)

bye lijo

Edited by lijodavis

good work buddy!

Will help if some day i get a PDA for myself!

"My point is i had a palm zire 72 for more than 8 months and i tried so many ways to connect it to internet like i bought 6230 and airtel gprs connection but couldn't connect. since my model only supports old gsm phones"

Lijodavis I have a zire 72 pda but dont have 6255. In response to the above line i would like to mention that you can update the palm supported gsm phones by going to the palmone folder in your program files > phone link updater > setup.exe.....

Tanveer get one it is a gr8 tool for doctors on second thoughts maybe a treo 650 which is rumored to be launched soon or blackberry if they reduce prices would be also gr8.......

good to hear that Lijo ! thanks for sharing your experience with us !

hi lijodavis.......gr8 work!!! i have a HP pocket pc 2003 edition and i know how to configure it to work with a bluetooth handset to access net using the gprs connection of airtel & hutch. it works fine but the speeds sren't great.......

a few days back, after reading the raves & review for nokia 6255 on this forum i was wondering if we could use the bluetooth to access net on pocket pc. good to hear that u could configure it to use internet on your palm. this assures me that we can use it on pocket pc as well.

plz give the settings in detail, as in init string, and any other settings. this would help me and others configure our own devices. Even though mine is a pocket pc, u can give the details for ur palm b'coz i believe it wouldn't be much different for pocket pc........

thanks and once again gr8 work buddy!!!!

Dude one of the problems is that GPRS speed isnt "great" either!

All config details are in the various 6255 threads around here. Go to the Nokia section and browse around.

Hi friends,

i am from trichur,kerala.i got nokia 6255 last month. now only i got time to write this,sorry.

I tried connecting the 6255 to internet first thro' cable and via bluetooth both was working fine , i don't know how but i am getting connected at 460kb/s , also getting a download average speed of 22kb/s in flashget(a download manager)(this is using the dku-2 cable.and in bluetooth i am getting speeds around 15-16 kb/s.

All are fine and everybody have written this before.

My point is i had a palm zire 72 for more than 8 months and i tried so many ways to connect it to internet like i bought 6230 and airtel gprs connection but couldn't connect. since my model only supports old gsm phones. so i bought SE-T610 and tried with bsnl gprs it was connecting fine but very low speed, but for my fate the phone got repaired with in one week and no more i could find a new phone in trichur.

just two weeks before i tried simply connecting my palm with nokia 6255. it got connected fine.no problems at all.and the speed was very good .now i can download all mails browse any site ,check gmail etc very easily with my palm in my hand and nokia in my pocket or in my car.it doesn't gave any problems till now.i can take any photos with my nokia or palm and host it via ftp using palm.u can use messenger, yahoo or whatever software for palm u can make use of 6255 for the net use. it just act as a bluetooth modem.(u have to give the int string to get it connected as we did with the computer)

i think any palm supporting bluetooth can easily connected to internet via nokia 6255.

(may be guys in metros can connect to internet using gprs,but guys like me in trichur or any where in india have reliance range can easily get connected all the time to net without the need of laptop.)In my location this is the cheapest and the best way to get connected to the net all the time.i had used nokia 9500 for a week but in some areas gprs gets diconnected and low speed also expensive.

I got palm for around 12k and it has 1.3mp camera mp3 MMC , plenty of softwares too and a 320 X 320 screen (so u can easily browse the net or check mails) call me for more details 9387152166

bye lijo

460 Kbps is quite an astounding speed dude. I have a kyocera 7135 and I get 230 Kbps in a metro on my computer when connected. Thats about 15-16kb/s. Never expected anyphone to give better speeds than the Kyocera 7135. Are you sure this is still happening or was an anomaly at Reliance's end?

I don't think that 460 kbps is the actual speed he's getting. Windows might be showing that while he's connecting. Which can be actually set to show upto 960 kbps (which I've set :P ).

And I'm thinking the way to go PDA is the E61. It's cheap and from first reports seems to be freakin good. Of course GPRS/EDGE speeds would actually determine how well email works. But from the looks of things I don't think it will be too bad (or to put it better much worse than RConnect).

I don't think that 460 kbps is the actual speed he's getting. Windows might be showing that while he's connecting. Which can be actually set to show upto 960 kbps (which I've set :Contento: ).

And I'm thinking the way to go PDA is the E61. It's cheap and from first reports seems to be freakin good. Of course GPRS/EDGE speeds would actually determine how well email works. But from the looks of things I don't think it will be too bad (or to put it better much worse than RConnect).

GMS or EDGE or anything of that sort can never match data speeds of CDMA dude. I get 15 KB/s browsing on my kyocera 7135. Thats faster than my cable internet which gives me 6/7 kb/s. Try using your GSM connection for internet access and lemme know if you get anywhere close to my Kyocera 7135 and yes... this speed is not matched by other Reliance phones... only 7135 is capable of this.