Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
linuxguy

Airtel Broadband

I was checking out Airtel's rate plans. 700 bucks for 128 kbps and I think 1k for 256kbps UNLIMITED is pretty fantastic value for money.

I think Airtel anyways delivers good quality services and their customer support is way better than BSNL!

I'd recommend it over BSNL DataOne anyday! I wish they'd come to Pune soon!

Edited by anujit

I

I'd recommend it over BSNL DataOne anyday!

48952[/snapback]

The Data plans of BSNL doesen't make much sense.For that matter

the data plans( either download or time) of most of the operators with limited plans also does not make sense.In BSNL they give 1GB download at 256k for 500 Rs.For every additional MB of download a subscriber has to pay Rs 1.20 ,so it makes for every extra GB of download you have to pay 1200 Rs.So,basically they are penalising the customer for using more,whereas it should be the other way round.

They are not subsidising us for broadband.So,why the hell are they charging us such exhorbitant rates for additional download?.This is a problem in areas where BSNL is in a monopoly situation where there is no alternative like AIRTEL.

All the telecom companies have failed to meet the target of TRAI for spreading Braodband for this year end.It is all beacuse of these illogical Revenue models.

I did not take BSNL presisely for this reason.Most of the people take Broadband for Downloading and Streaming not for simple surfing.The telecom companies other than Airtel have somehow not realised and have failed to come up with viable unlimited plans.

I do not mind charging Rs 1500 PM but it must be unlimited. Anything more than Rs 1500 [@ 256/512 Kbps] will not work for Indian home customers unless they have plenty of money to throw. In US they charge $50 for unlimited broadband connections which comes around 1/50 of the average American income.