Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhishek_a14

Progbies

Hey dears,

I am a newbie at rimweb.

But i won't be for long!

I have decided to start a new thread that will demonstrate the programming skills of users.

Please feel free to discuss problems and solutions for programming in Samsung phones.

To begin with,

I have decided to make a program on vb (since i have an itching palm for vb coding) to tweak the software of samsung fones.

Now a prob has come up. how to begin with breaking the file system of the fones.

Please continue to discuss and ...

hmm for access... since bitpim allows access to the FS, u have an option (I contacted Roger binns - Creator of bitpim... and well he was not really friendly (StaticElectricity has seen the mails i guess)... so currently what i do is run bitpim in the background, and use my app to "SendKeys" to Bitpim...

trust me that works like a charm, all the way until replacing files!!!

Code on demand (and well I do not think someone will need a code for sendkeys too)

Cheers

Ashok

which is the samsung phone os! if its symbian then try appforge one of the best tools for mobile programming after direct api whats more you can use .net , vb , with it!

or use symbian sdk

if you are intrested in java or c++

Edited by abhay

Yeah ... that is correct.. I was considering the CDMA ones like N-191, which still uses propertiary S-OS!

cheers

Ashok

All I can do is cheer you up and say thanks in advance as I'm nemo in VB coding and want the Sync for my SCH N-191 badly as I've lost one slot of "My Melody" due to errorenous uploading of a scrap Ringtone ;(

Thanks again!

No SCH handsets with me to fiddle around, nor do i have data cables... so I am not in a position to help around on that Utsav...

Cheers

Ashok

So sad ashok ;) Please try to tie-up with abhishek_a14 to help him produce the s/w.

dude there are interfaces with which u can talk to a os / or a phone in this case

if u are a windows programer ie if u use languages like VB , .net enabled languages then the best way to talk to phones( make applications for them ) is with appforge which is apretty neat interface for software development

u can get more info about appforge from here

whats more it integrates itself with ur (pirated ;) ) copy visual studio, so application devp becomes much more easiear

--------------------

or if u are more platform independent programmer u would use JAVA platform to develop appz for symbian os based phones

you can get more info about symbian from here

get the symbian sdk and start devp apppz for mobile phones free of cost

thats the magic of java :)

Edited by abhay

Dude ... U need to spare me till Sunday... coz I will make a long DETAILED post on this Sunday!

Just checked my mails now!... and seriously lots of them .. .and not even sufficient time to read them. (Just back from office ... munching on some corn flakes)

Cheers

Ashok