Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
hrishikul

Help Me For Nokia 2280

I am having the following problems with 2280. Please solve

1) Whenever my phone goes out of network, it starts searching for network. This searching cannot be stopped and the full battery goes down within 3 hours.

2) The network never remains full and keeps on fluctuating. I have also observed my handset showing only 1 bar when LG 2130 showing full network. The network goes down even if the handset is touched at the back.

3) Elongation of long antenna does not improve network.

4) How to log on to yahoo messenger from surf option. The link in in.wap.yahoo.com is not working. Does anybody know working wap site for yahoo messenger.

Thanking in advance.

- Hrishikesh

1) It is applicable to all phones But some how better conditions in latest models

2) AS per my opinion Lg never refreshes fastly & if u call in that condition call will drop for sure comparison to nokia.atleast i had experienced dat.

3) agree with u

4) most of the site restricted by nokia & more on nokia :)

@hrishikul

Can u access other web like rediff or Google etc. through R Surf in your 2280.

Thanks and Take Care!

Yes. I can access mobile.rediff.com and wap.google.com. Even I can access in.wap.yahoo.com( Not wap.yahoo.com). But I cannot access yahoo messenger

Well this is diffrent case of network fading particularly in 2280, i ve seen so many of 2280 owners concern about this problem, i believe its because of some network upgrade.

There is a setting called "better service scan", which is responsible for faster battery drain when there is no network. LG and samsung goes to sleep mode when there is no network for 15 minutes and then rescan every 30 minutes (I think) where as in Nokia this setting is tweakable using diego.

Network bars I think are better in Nokia than LG, as stated by amit, there will be fever call drops in Nokia compare to LG.

Network catch is surely better (ANY DAMN DAY) on a Nokia, compared to any other phone manufacturer... but in the case of 2280, even I have seen this issue...

I presume this call drop, loss of coverage all of a sudden (when u really know that there is a proper coverage there), could also be due to some software issue.... try to contact the Nokia Priority point, maybe they have an update!

Why I state that it could be a software issue, is because, even if the network is active, the translation to the handset is to be done by the Nokia I Software. Other issues could be accumlation of girt on the internal antennae... coz the orignal complainer states that the handset looses network when someone touches on the back of the handset...

Check it up mate. .. coz Nokia is one of the best when it comes to reliablity and performance!

cheers

Ashok

complainer states that the handset looses network when someone touches on the back of the handset...

Because antenna is on bak side & any physical thing can block signals as this precautions r alredy mentioned in atleast nokia manual for this issue :D

To Rajanpert,

I can get full email from yahoo, only subject at rediff and first 3 lines at gmail.

To amitbt22,

I have read that precaution too. But the network never remains full if the phone is kept on the table or on anything. This should not happen. Even other Nokia GSM models have antenna at the back and this type of problem never arise.

I agree with your first reply comments.

To kshah, munnamobile and ashoksoft,

I agree that Nokia is one of the best mobile manufacturer and for that reason only I bought 2280 instead of LG or samsung slim (I bought in FEB 2005.) I am also using Nokia 3310 GSm phone. But its battery discharges so fast when out of network.

Whenever I am travelling, my 2280 discharges fully searching for the network (from full charging) without making or taking any call within 3 hours. So I have no other alternative than to switch it off. (Other alternatives are welcome). This is very disgusting and not expected from the leading manufacturer.

As stated on reliance infocomm website only 127 Rworld applications can be run on 2280 while LG 2030 and 2130 can run 342 Rworld applications.

Btw anybody know any wap site for yahoo messenger for 2280?

-Hrishikesh.

any physical thing can block signals.Since apart from my observation nokia 3310 is not as good as it is popular for showing signal bars.In my set shows full network but call failed Quite regularly or sound quality was not good.It is also same for some other nokia models also.

our observation till now is dat CDMA drains battery more than gsm & also nokia 2280 dosent hav sleep mode (network).