Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ashoksoft

Lets Take The Next Step !

Hey hey hey! Diwali's round the corner... and I guess what better time than now to think of innovations.....

why dont we get some things out of the Team we all have been a part of ?

Since Mumbai meet 2005, I was thinking about Version 2 of the meet ...

so what say guys ? How about Mumbai meet 2005 - II ?

But before that ... let us have a few competitions...

1. Logo Designer

Not that we do not love the logo's already ... yeah Pun u rock! but hey ... let us see some more variety... all u need to do is design a logo for RimWeb.in

2. Online games

We can have online game tournaments like Chess / other games ... and hey we could even have winners!!!

3. Programming Skill Mates

Lets kick all the programmers / reverse engineers on their shins! we have sufficient man-power around, we have coders in every language possible in the forum, we have business executives who do not mind helping others a little... (are u reading this Anujit ?) ... so why dont we have a Programming contest? if nothing else ... this will increase some developments in the Tech / Programming dept .

4. Buddies program

In the last couple of days we've seen that we have had a lot of posts about other operators too ... and since this forum seems to be showing a lot of progress ... why do I let my friend hang around elsewhere ? get ur friends to become members here ... contribute here ... and hey that will help them too! maybe we could organize a certificate for the best refferal of every quarter...

5. Innovation scheme

Suggest more innovative ideas... u could be leading the next revolution of Web2RealLife forum translation!

Cheers

Ashok

hmm ... no response ?

i support it ashoksoft

*if some1 wants to develop some application in .net i am ready to jump in! :clap:

hey last time i missed the Meet this time i'll try my best not to ! check me in ashok

Edited by abhay

Logos : Well I guess it has to bear the " Rimweb.in " word... slogans could also be used!

hey admins / mods ... why dont a few rules and regulations run from ur end?

Abhay : Unfortuantely I am off .net currently, but hey surely you could develop something which can turn useful for the Team Rimweb ... I could assist around with C / C++ / VB / Java (Java is prefferred).... VC++ we have Staticelectricity to cloud in.

There need not be any language barrier, u could code in .net, others can code in any language of choice, as long as the utility is useful... and hey we could have votes to choose public choice ...

Prizes could be Tee shirts with the Rimweb winning logo, given at the Mumbai meet ... what say?

Cheers

Ashok

i wasnt refring to a utlity just for rimweb members but for any1 in that case

we can discuss it out on the Rimweb.in Meet II

and for the second part no use for actully having a poll for prefferred language ! if a person cant code in a perticular language he cant no matter the language wins the poll or no

as for me im ok with .net (prefferred) or java (will do)

c,c++,vc is not my cup of tea

building large applications on these languages is not possible for me

well java is prefferred by both of us so we can collect more java programmers

linuxguy's tech knowhow is very good may be he can also join in with us

all the programmers of rimweb mumbai are invited

Edited by abhay

well first things first ... I never mentioned that we will have a vote about the language ... I said poll for the best application.

Coding can be in any language ...

yes u can code anything... but usablity will be conducted by rimwebians..

Cheers

Ashok

PS : If u have a reliance mob. just miss call me at 93226ASHOK that is 93226 - 27465

ooops got it wrong! so who all are in for making a web based mobile application ???

sure mate

cheers

Ashok

I like the idea of a programming contest.

What are the first steps we can take towards it?

45522[/snapback]

lets meet up and compile a idea :confuse: and then lets try and run the contest

Edited by abhay

Sure fix up on any sunday ... and I will be down... other days I can meet up at Malad Mindspace at 5.30 / 7.30 / 9.30 PM

Cheers

Ashok

hey guys kya hua ! sab thande pad gaye kya ?? what happned to the next step :)

Kuch nahin bhai ... Diwali and Eid Hangover. ... lets meet up some time soon ... how about some sunday around the corner?

Cheers

Ashok