Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolharshal

Lg 6130 Problems

Hi,

I'm facing some strange problems with my LG 6130.

Yesterday, my Archives folder in Messages got deleted automatically.

There is no option called 'Erase all messages' in that folder.

Later when i tried to send a message to a number which i selected from Phonebook, my cell hanged.

I repeated the same and it again hanged.

I had to remove the battery and had to restart it again.

Also, when try to use my camera photos as wallpaper, my cell hangs.

Can anyone help?

Check if the Latest Version exits in u r Phone or not if not upgrade it ..a Matter of half-an-Hour can solve many Problems....latest ver is 15

Hyd ladka.

Is the update really worth it? My handset version is 9. But I am not yet upgrading it, because the phone's performance is so far satisfactory, I don't need the SMS to group option, and lastly, I've a good collection of ringtones & pics, for which I'll have to pay good amount to the MMS portal to get them back.

Those guys who have upgraded, can u give any reason to do so? Any new menu R-World comes up or something like that?

Check if the Latest Version exits in u r Phone or not if not upgradeĀ  itĀ  ..a Matter of half-an-Hour can solve many Problems....latest ver is 15

Hyd ladka.

46359[/snapback]

Where can i get the latest version?

Sometime, rigtones downloaded via MMS also dont work.

The latest firmware will be flashed onto ur handset from the nearest ASC of LG in ur city... contact customer care (RIM) for locations of LG ASC's.

The process is free of charge

Cheers

Ashok

Is the update really worth it? My handset version is 9. But I am not yet upgrading it, because the phone's performance is so far satisfactory, I don't need the SMS to group option, and lastly, I've a good collection of ringtones & pics, for which I'll have to pay good amount to the MMS portal to get them back.

Those guys who have upgraded, can u give any reason to do so? Any new menu R-World comes up or something like that?

46363[/snapback]

Hi,

First i want to tell u that upgrading will not lose the saved ringtones from sms as well as mms..sure Tested..by me ofcourse :wacko:

and i think i started getting a good battery Back up After upgrade and a couple of new features... :angry:

so i recommend u to Upgrade ur Handset...

Hyd Ladka

46363[/snapback]

always inform the dude at the ASC, to backup stuff b4 upgrading, then u r saved of most hassles. And i guess, 6130 doesn't need backup of ringtones n wallpapers. Still advisable to check it up. Best ASC in Mumbai, i find is the Lower Parel one. Though its too over-crowded. Go wid enuf time on hand! Half hour job takes couple of hrs there, long queues.
I'm facing some strange problems with my LG 6130.

Yesterday, my Archives folder in Messages got deleted automatically.

There is no option called 'Erase all messages' in that folder.

Firstly can u explain, whether the Archive Folder got deleted or the messages in the Archive Folder got deleted automatically?

Any possibility that u went to Erase Messages Option and deleted the contents of Archive Folder?

Firstly can u explain, whether the Archive Folder got deleted or the messages in the Archive Folder got deleted automatically?

Any possibility that u went to Erase Messages Option and deleted the contents of Archive Folder?

46406[/snapback]

No chirag, I didnt go to the Erase Messages Option.

I was browsing messages withing archives folder only and all the messages got deleted.

One more problem:

I donloaded few ringtones via MMS portal and then set one of them as current ringtone..

After few hours it got deleted from the ringtones list. And when i got a call, it didn't ring at all !!

Is it the downloaded stuff thats causing problems?

Edited by Chirag

The most obvious reason to me seems to be that binary has got corrupted on your handset. So get the binary reburnt at any LG asc.

Once, a friend of mine somehow got 240 messages saved in the sent folder of his LG 2030 ... YES 240 SMS's but all blank. I still don't understand how it happened. I suspect he used the "SMS to All" option in "R-world>SMS to Many"

No chirag, I didnt go to the Erase Messages Option.

I was browsing messages withing archives folder only and all the messages got deleted.

46497[/snapback]

such issues are pretty specific for certain handsets and may not be a general issue. Happens so many times, in the tech background... U must ideally report such an issue with the LG Mobile Tech Support. Though the most ideal solution would be a reflash, but if its a small bug, the tech support would really get to know alot from ur problem, provided they are really interested!!

One more strange problem..

When i try to compose a mesaage with my dictionary ON, i get strange guesses..

Like when i press 7 thrice to write 'r', my screen shows a BLANK character!

I have to write 'are' !!

I'm finding it very interesting and before i go and reset my firmware, i'd like to test it to its limits..

With dictionary ON, you need not press 7 thrice to get 'r', only once is enough. To type in 'are', just press '2', '7' and '3' once.

In T9 mode, the phone tries to guess a suitable word from the key sequences you have pressed based on its limited dictionary, and it is bound to make some strange guesses, if the word is incomplete or does not exists in its dictionary.

With dictionary ON, you need not press 7 thrice to get 'r', only once is enough. To type in 'are', just press '2', '7' and '3' once.

In T9 mode, the phone tries to guess a suitable word from the key sequences you have pressed based on its limited dictionary, and it is bound to make some strange guesses, if the word is incomplete or does not exists in its dictionary.

46957[/snapback]

I'm sorry.. actually i pressed '7' once and '0' thrice..

And i know how does T9 dictionary work :-)

Try out one more thing..

Write something using T9 dictionary. Suppose you wrote 7-8 words.

Now go back at the end of 4th or 5th word and press '0' (to guess the word).. then press space..

And you know what whole sentence gets disturbed! Whole guesses go wrong.

These guys should hire better testers like me :-)

Keep posting

Hey i Tried the Thing....

It works Fine for Me....as in ...the statement is fine n all...

mayb its a handset issue??? but i doubt that too

hi guys:: if some body facing problem in carging of 6130:: and wen asked from service center of LG they said mother board is defectiv:: i had replced it once biut again after 4 months the problem started again::

anybody else also facing the same? pls let me know

Me also facing some strange problem:: and it had happend twice with in the year

one nite u charge ur handset(6130)

and in moring u observ that untill and unless u don press the charger pin , it will not charged :lol:

u go to LG service center ::there they replced ur main board of the phone and all of ur Data,rintones,mms jus gone:whooooooooooo :D

ok never mind u jus manage::: but after 4 months agin the same problem occurs ;)

Now wat u suggest to do:: shud i sell it off or go again to service center and again let all the data to go away? the fone is still in gurntee period

<<POSTS EDITED -- Please do not post in multiple threads >>

Edited by Chirag

Now wat u suggest to do:: shud i sell it off or go again to service center and again let all the data to go away? the fone is still in gurntee period

I think u have take another replacement from service center after that sell this handset to someone. It will be good for u. At this time, it is under waranty so u can also get good price of this.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hi,

I'm left with no option but to reload new firmware on my LG6130.

I'll hv to do it from any LG service center.

Does anyone know any software which will allow me to do it by myself?

I dont wanna wait for hours in the service center.

I've done this before for my Sony handset.

Wondering if something is available for LG.

:)

Not available other than with LG ASC.