Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cssomnath

Lg Usb Modem Driver Installation Problem

Hi,

I have a LG 2130 handset. I brought a USB data cable from ebay. Now I'm unable to install RConnect as it is failing to install the driver for the USB Modem.

The problem it is reporting is that it is unable to find the ser2.pl.sys file. After the following steps I'm getting the error.

1. I click on the RConnect installer

2. It installs something and asks me to reboot the machine

3. After reboot it gets started automaticallly and at some point it asks to plug in the USB with the phone connected to it

4. After doing that Windows reports that new device found and tries to install the driver

5. There it fails saying ser2pl.sys not found

I tried it many times after cleaning up many things. But nothing works.

I'm using Windows XP home as OS. Can anybody please help me.

Thanks

It looks as though the installation file is corrupt. Try downloading the installation file from Relianceinfo.com and install using it and update this thread on what happened.

I tried the installer from Reliance web site also. But that also didn't work. I saw some posts of last year in this forum stating the same problem. Seems some people has faced the problem. Those posts don't talk about any concrete solution. Please let me know if there is any solution or I need to buy the data cable from Reliance Web World only paying a four time price.

Thanks,

Somnath

Not sure if its anything to do with the data cable you have got, but local data cables do work, I know my neighbour is using a local data cable for his 2130 without any problem.

The problem I think is with Windows XP Home. The driver got successfully installed in a machine with Windows XP Professional. Alas that machine was not mine :)

are all service pack fully updated in ur Windows XP Home. Try to take update and then try to install it.

I want something more.

R ur modem is installed successfully, to check this, do the step no 3 in your pc describe in following link http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=4540&st=0#

For more keep posting at RIMWEB.

Thanks and Take Care!

dear friends,

i am also having the same type of problem.

using XP...........Phone LG LSP 350R

I have brought new USB datacable & installation CD.

Started the rconnect installation.

all goes well ............drivers got installed successfully.

But whe i connect the phone to my pC it doesn't recognize it & shows as unknown device.

tried all troubleshooting but of no help.............

SO can anyone help me outtttttttttttttt of ittttttttttttttt.

also where the problem exactly lies in PC , datacable or driver,,,,,

Thanks