Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kesav

Sony Ericsson

Oh sure! Right forum! Sony, we have been missing it :ph34r: any plans for CDMA in india?

We have to wait for a long time, when sony CDMA come in india. Sonly always make premium quality and no CDMA operator at this want to give Premium Quality phone to its Subscriber.

BTW Great News!!!!

Thanks and Take Care!

Why only premium quality, they have some really crappy GSM phones as well.

I never used there handsets, but use their other product, which are always better than others and always have premium rate. So i give that comment!

Thanks and Take Care!

Sony is not good for mobiles & computer optical drives all r ever buggy with overall very bad performance.

But seeing LG in the initial days yes I must agree making decent mobile phones (especially build quality and UI) isnt an easy task and needs years of experience and expertise. Thats when LG decided to start copying Samsung! Samsung had taken a similar route previously till the came to a league of their own.

I can imagine Erricson would have all the phone build know-how so its hard to understand the buggy software.

I haven't tested their software. But I wish they'd make phones with bigger keypads. All their stuff is designed for people who have stylus sized fingers!

sony ericsson sets hav no.1 connectivity options & usability & quality than there rivals i.e. bluetooth & infrared

sony ericsson sets hav no.1 connectivity options & usability & quality than there rivals i.e. bluetooth & infrared

48212[/snapback]

Sony Ericssons charger connection is not good at all. Many a times, the charger doesnt connect properly.

@ mainak_ch u r unable to understand d difference dat i hav mentioned comparing two extremely different things.

I want to add to above statement dat sony ericsson interact with ne models which contains those two features but samsung lg & nokia dosent & also these options r activated at d same time but this is not the case with others.

No Idea when they'll release it in India.

But I thought forum would be a trigger for Reliance to look at this kind of quality mobile makers.

Generally I don't have much faith in the quality of Sony. But I've immense faith in quality of Ericsson. They're known for their quality in Europe.

Normally the products from Scandinavian makers are known for their quality although their market share is limited. Some examples from different sectors are Opera in browser, Volvo in automobile.

Their main issue will be their marketing which is generally bad except for Europe.

I hope Sony partnership is mainly to bridge that gap.

so Quality don't Worry.

Edited by kesav

Operator Ti-ups with manufacturers limits number of models .

All CDMA operators must bring RUIM models and encourage manufacturers sell thier phones in open market like gsm phones.

Today there is no good Mediaum and Hi-end mobiles availabe in india.

Very good CDMA handsets available in US, Korea etc..

PALM First introduced Tre 650 in CDMA and leter in GSM

I think reliance has no plans to bring Hi-end models.

They are stick to low end Lg models (all lg models introduced recently don't have atleast Rconnect facility)

I don't agree completely with you. In 3G, more applications running on mobiles will have dependency with the operator's mode of transmission. In future instead of customer running between service provider and mobile manufacturer to solve a problem in 3G application, its better mobile operator owns responsibility for the entire package. Atleast for high end models I would like this tie-up to continue.

The problem with having an "open market" is that RIM looses out on REVENUE from the handset sale.

Secondly, if they have commercial sold handsets they cannot be preprogrammed to run RWorld and the like (more losses for RIM)! Although I suspect if they implement R-UIM properly they can take care of most problems!

Now they market for corporate users is pretty stangnant. Airtel & Hutch took it away years ago. The only real major growth potential is in the semi-urban & rural markets. And they certainly arent going to buy a Blackberry or Treo 600 series phone!

So Reliance's brand equity so to say is to provide cheap phones with a very very low ARPU. And now that Tata has come into its own that position is being strongly challeneged too.