Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ganeshkota

Does Lg Korea Mobile Work In India?

Hi,

I am from seoul,korea.I am planning to buy one good and best model in korea and want to use in india.What are the best models available from LG which work in india.

Would it be possible to use the same phone in india?I would like to know how to alter it if it doesn't work in india.

Thanks in advance,

Ganesh Kota

b a little more clear ... do u want a gsm or a cdma ? if cdma, theres no way u can use it in india because u have to get it from tata or reliance specifically ...

Tata Indicom used to give this option where user can bring a cdma handset compatible with their network and they will program it for you..

I dont know whether its available now with TATA.. bcz last year there had been

some disputes between Reliance and TATA regarding this facility.. :)

prices are cheaper than korea in india. so why do you want to buy there?

be indian and buy korean in india for cheap....

For 500Rs

Who said its avl in 500 bucks anymore?

Anyways this thread is not to discuss the rates! LG 2030 would cost INR 6350/- by means of Upfront Payment now. If in korea its avl for lesser than this, he shud be able to purchase it here and take the TRAI STANDARD Plan and use the phone! Isn't that possible?

Well Ganesh, y dont u write to the Customer Care? and figure out from there? and let us know! Click here to write to Customer Care, and select NEW USER And in email reason select PROSPECTs INQUIRY >> HANDSET INFORMATION

Buying a phone from korea and making it work in India in case of a cdma is not a problem, technically thats very much possible but reliance as company policy will not agree to it as it need to be entered in the HLR of reliance you can not program it on your own.

Thanks for the replies.I posted to customer care.Waiting for the reply.I 'll post that message back to this thread once I recieve it.So that everybody can confirm to that service as per that reply.

Ganesh Kota

I don't think its a question of "Can you use the phone here", but rather "Will you be allowed to...".

I thought TATA allowed you to bring your own CDMA phone. Reliance sure doesnt. BSNL & MTNL does (I think!) - but then again they dont have much of a CDMA service!

If you're planning on bringing a GSM be careful because that might be operator locked to (it is in the US). But breaking that lock is easy. All it takes is a little "flashing" by your local pirate stores.

Where in India are you planning to use the handset, Ganesh ?

When i sent them the above query.. they replied with this! Maybe i shud rephrase this time by saying tht wht if i can get one which is compatible with Rel networks? wht do u'll say?

With  reference  to  your  query  on  use of other CDMA handset on Reliance

network, we would like to inform you that you cannot use any other handset,

because  only specific handsets have been tested for compatibility with our

CDMA 1X network.

Are they trying to say that they got something(Hardware) in the Handsets

developed unqiue for their network :o

did the give the spec..and ask them do they allow other handsets.

did the give the spec..and ask them do they allow other handsets.

Sorry to ask...

I dint get wat you mean

i mean the specification of the handset, if you can get with that standards what they prescribe, they should allow you to use the same.