Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rade2000

Lg Rd 5340 Connection Woes

Hi,

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

Ok ! I bought a non OEM data cable from Ebay and am just struggling to configure it to connect to the internet.

The cable is for the USB port and the laptop OS is Win2K SP4. The Ark Micro USB Serial driver that were sent with the cable do not seem to work on Win2K (yellow exclamation on the port in Device Manager). Installed the FTDI driver and that seemed to work.

Now the confusion that lingers in my brain is that are there 2 drivers ? One for the USB to serial conversion and the second for the Modem ? Please bear with my ignorance !

I triad another thing, to downlaod the rconnect software from Relaince website for my phone. But the installation seems to be installing only the LG USB to Serial converter software (rconnect_lg_rd_5340_usb.exe) there was no installation of any dialer or for that matter a modem driver.

Can anyone guide me thru the process of getting a successfull net connection !

Regards,

RDev

Same here!

I have tried the software from Reliance Website but after installing USBSerialConverter it asks for a reboot and does nothing!

I tried the USB driver which came with my nonOEM cable but to no avail.

Please help by giving softwares used (if possible give links too) and the procedure.

I am badly stuck with this ;(

Hi,

Ok ! I bought a non OEM data cable from Ebay

if u have bought it from ebay .. u can contact the seller ... if he is not able to help , then also dont worry , most of them have money return policy

Hi rade2000,

I wanted some description from your side, What message you got when you check modem tab in Phone and modem option in control Panel. It may differ as you are using Windows 2K.

For the procedure, Try to install USB to serial conversion driver than try to install the modem driver and then connect a manual dial up connection. The reliance Phone number is #777.

For more info, Please visit, R Connect Troubleshooter.

Post your response here or send through e mail to me.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hi rade2000,

I wanted some description from your side, What message you got when you check modem tab in Phone and modem option in control Panel. It may differ as you are using Windows 2K.

For the procedure, Try to install USB to serial conversion driver than try to install the modem driver and then connect a manual dial up connection. The reliance Phone number is #777.

For more info, Please visit, R Connect Troubleshooter.

Post your response here or send through e mail to me.

Thanks and Take Care!

Hi Rajan,

Thanx for the reply but where are the modem drivers on the reliance website ? The driver that is pn the cd, from ebay, seems to be for a serial port modem and not usb !

Regards,

RDev

got some lead..

i think for all of us who are not lucky enough to have their cables work with lg5340.. no matter what software we download.. Windows XP SP2 is the culprit. I need to two questions:

1. Is there anyone who is running Rconnect on lg 5340 with non-OEM cable over windows xp sp2? if yes, please share the cable driver and other relevant software.

2. Can anyone verify if he/she is successfully running rconnect on lg5340 has got windows xp with sp1 or sp2 or not?

i think we better hunt for windows xp sp2 drivers for lg5340

keep posting

ritesh

Just Download Any thing like 2030 2130 will work 100%, the software is same for all Models just a name Change..

All the Best

Just Download Any thing like 2030 2130 will work 100%, the software is same for all Models just a name Change..

All the Best

you sure hyd_ladka? I earlier had 2030 but my 5340 doesn't work wit that software... well i think its about having sp2 now.. can you confirm if it works on windows xp sp2 or not?

Just go thru This,

If u have ARk Micro Chipset, Install it First, or any other which the cable has,

Check for an extra COM in Device Manager as USB Serial Port,Check out its COM No.

Now Download Serial Software of RD 2030..During Process When it asks for COM, select that COM No. & make sure that the Baud rate in the Phone Settings is set to 115200..

U R phone should now be Detected on selected Port..& install it Succesfully..

All the Best

For all those guys who have installation problems can contact me on syngwind@sify.com

Hi,

The above method worked perfectly for me!

Here's what you have to do:

1. Install your data cable (with the driver that comes with your CD).

2. Download RD2030's RConnect (aka netConnect) software from reliance site for Serial* Connection

3. Select the COM Port where your USB data cable is configured.

4. Check your Data Baud Rate in 5340 under Phone>Data Settings>Data BAUD. It MUST be 115200

5. Click [YES] when the installations asks.

6. Enjoy!

Great ain't it?

Bye!

This truly works. I could'nt for the life of me get the R-Connect to work using the dialer s/w for 5340 from the Reliance website. Then I followed the steps above and Voila. Thanks you guys. :):cheer:

I do not have a CD. Where can I download the software from? i.e. USB-Serial converter, Cable Driver, Modem Driver, or whatever other software required for RD5340.

Thanks and regards,

Shashank

Q) How to install R-Connect (thru data cable) ?

Ans) Follow the following steps-

1- DO NOT CONNECT THE DATA CABLE PLUS PHONE TO YOUR PC/ LAPTOP. PUT IT AWAY FOR NOW.

2- Put the data cable CD in the CD drive.

3- If this CD (this CD contains data cable driver not the R Connect software as available on Reliance site) tries to run a program, cross it.

4- Wait for the cursor to settle down.

5- Now, just put the cable in USB port (DO NOT CONNECT THE PHONE ON THE CABLE)

6- Windows will "New hardware found"...follow instructions...it will automatically browse for the correct driver for your cable in the CD.

7- In some third party cases, the "New Hardware found" will run twice. DO NOT CANCEL THE SECOND time. Let this also run and install second time also.

8- It might or might not ask for a restart.

9- Still, do the RESTART

10- Now remove the data cable

11- Put the CD for R Connect Software (preferably from Reliance site) and run the .exe file

12- If it prompts "Continus anyway" click Yes everytime

13- It will prompt you to Power ON the phone and connect thru data cable at the USB port

14- DO IT

15- WAIT

16- WAIT

17- Suddenly it find the "USB MODEM" and continue further

18- It might or might not ask for RESTART

19- Go ahead and connect to internet !!!

DO NOT WORRY IF THE CABLE IS FROM ANY PARTY (FOR LG SETS ONLY). Its just that first of all we should be able to put correct drivers for cable and then of course, it will be able to communicate/ identify the LG Modem for which the correct drivers are available on Reliance site

Like I said. I do NOT have any CD or Software. All I have is a USB data cable and a phone (RD 5340). Can someone help me access r Connect? When I connect my phone through the USB cable, my computer does not even recognize a new hardware. I have been using my data cable as a phone charger. Please help.