Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Niranjan Shah

R World On Brew

I have purchased latest handset LG RD6230. In handset R world is working on brew platform. But right now not much applications are there.

I want to know, if anyone with old handset with brew platform can access full R world (including audio/video streaming, aaj tak etc, MMS)or only a part of it?

regards

Niranjan

No way, reliance will enhance rworld on brew. they have fooled customers by this new brew rworld.

From some search, i come to know that audio/video streaming is not available on brew platform. So we will not get any news channels or songs from R world? Can anyone tell, whether its working on brew or not ?

even the new brew enabled lg rd5340 handset doesn't support much more rworld contents

Hi all

My cell is lg rd 2430 which works on the brew platform. Now i face a problem that when i search for ringtones on rworld i shows " loading please wait......" But nothing loads. For all other text based applications it is working. the problem is only for ringtones .It was working fine one month back. Any solution for this problem?

Hi all

My cell is lg rd 2430 which works on the brew platform. Now i face a problem that when i search for ringtones on rworld i shows " loading please wait......" But nothing loads. For all other text based applications it is working. the problem is only for ringtones .It was working fine one month back. Any solution for this problem?

Ditto for my LSP-350R.

It is also brew based, other text based apps work fine but.... sometimes...for ringtones, it shows " loading please wait......" and sometimes, i am able to save the ringtones, usually after clearing (resetting) r-world memory via phone menu.

Hi all

Ditto for my LSP-350R.

It is also brew based, other text based apps work fine but.... sometimes...for ringtones, it shows " loading please wait......" and sometimes, i am able to save the ringtones, usually after clearing (resetting) r-world memory via phone menu.

Yeah! My pal had the same problem. He did a Reset RMenu on the phone and then launched it again. It worked fine. Actually the ringtones sound quite cool. Rgds.

I have purchased latest handset LG RD6230. In handset R world is working on brew platform. But right now not much applications are there.

I want to know, if anyone with old handset with brew platform can access full R world (including audio/video streaming, aaj tak etc, MMS)or only a part of it?

regards

Niranjan

Hi Niranjan,

There is not a H/S fault but dats a service provider's fault dat widout preparation of brew platform they've launched dis H/S. Previously also thay've launched RD6000 like dis only. And after dat people feels irriettd & esclats to H/S mfgr. wid hope of solution.

Hi all,

My name is Anish n i too just won an lg rd 5340 and dammit it doesnt have ANYHTING worthwhile on RWorld. I went to the lg service centre n they said that reliance engineers are still working on the brew platform on rworld. Bcoz of that i cant even upload ringtones from my pc using data cable coz the downloade sound files directory is yet to be created when i 1st dwnld sum ringtones from rworld. Can sumbody help me wid this dilemma?????????/ PLz i have posted similar pleas in other forums also but with no avail. So plz help....

P. S I have been able to upload wallpapers

Hi Anish,

you can manually create a folder named "ringers" in the path \brew\shared using BITPIM for uploading ringtones.Then you can also download ringtones from r-world or upload through data cable.Also new games are ready for 5340.

Regards

Ajith

Hi Anish,

you can manually create a folder named "ringers" in the path \brew\shared using BITPIM for uploading ringtones.Then you can also download ringtones from r-world or upload through data cable.Also new games are ready for 5340.

Regards

Ajith

As you have stated that new games are ready for 5340, I want to know that where I can find these games ?

Are they on R-world or anywhere else on the net

Hi Vishal,

I can see games menu after ringtones in the r-menu .I have downloaded the games .they are free and working OK

see my post http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=188&st=120

regards

ajith

Thanx for the info buddy but are you sure that these games are free, I mean have you checked your balance after a day because these kind of downloads take 24 hours or more to get charged from your account

vishal

Thanx for the info buddy but are you sure that these games are free, I mean have you checked your balance after a day because these kind of downloads take 24 hours or more to get charged from your account

vishal

Hi ,

Now 5 more games are available for download in r-world for 5340.It shows "Free Unlimited" before downloading.'R-world Rates' shows each games costs Rs99 but till now no charge is added to my 'Unbilled Amount'.I think it is free now as it is not officially announced in 'Handset tracker' document available in relianceinfo.com.Waiting for the finall bill to see whether it is charged.

Now there is a new section "MoviesNMore" in R-world with some movie related items such as plot,wallpaper,ringtone etc.'Price Details' section of "MoviesNMore" shows "Zone Launch: Rs zero".

Very happy to see more and more R-World apps are arriving for LG Rd-5340.

Regards

ajith

Edited by Ajith.S

Hi All,

Recent games i have downloaded yesterday are charged Rs 49 per game in 'Unbilled Amount'.

Regards

Ajith

The games are chargeable. some for Rs.49/= and some For Rs.99/=. You can check the download price of the games from R-World Rates.

I have downloaded all the previous 4 games considering it free as it was mentioned 'Free Unlimited' but after a day my account was substracted with Rs. 296/= (49+49+99+99).

One thing I must say that I felt cheated by R-World because when you try to download a ringtone or a wallpaper you get a warning that you will be charged Rs.10/= or Rs.3/= respectively but when i tried to download these games which costs Rs.49/= or Rs.99/= there was no such warning and the download started directly.

R-world should atleast give a warning that you will be charged so and so. So that a person could decide that whether he wants to download this game at this cost or not.

Vishal

I too experienced the same and my account was debited by rs 296/ for 4 games. No warning was made available before downloading.

I complained to *333 and they told me that I have to see the RWorld rates before I download anything. I will have to pay up, so beware when you download anything from RWorld. There will be no warning for us BREW enabled handset owners. You see, this is the latest technology to loot customers, one way or the other.

Please can here anyone help me to upload data in lgrd 5340. I have Bitpim, but i don't know that which model of mobile i have to select under LG. Bitpim does not support lg rd 5340 mobile.

I have an LG RD 5340 hand set. I have purchased a data cable of 5130 and installed 5340_sync software downloaded from the site. I also installed bitpim. I tried this on both windows xp and windows 98 second edition. My computer is not recognising my hand set. I also installed usb drivers. Please tell me how I can connect my phone to my computer.