Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Google Talk With Gmail

In a great move, Google announced integration of their IM solution 'Google Talk' with the much talked about 'Gmail', the free yet most comprehensive email service. Google is coming up with new products and new concepts every now and then, and I really appreciate Google for being so innovative.

GoogleTalk got integrated to my Gmail account today and I must the integration is flawless....awesome in other words...To me this is great, as my Gmail inbox is always open while I am online, and now I have access to Google Talk at the same time.

Cheers!

yes it gr8 i have also got my chat enabled in gmail account. and working fine its faster then yahoo. But only problem is that most of my frens dun have gmail chat in there account :rolleyes:

They can still use Google Talk and communicate with u... anyways, everyone will get in a phased manner

Yeah I think this is an awesome new feature. Its actually an extension of the "saving chatting sessions" option which all the messengers have implemented. Yahoo of course has done the best job here encrypting the conversations.

Google has done wonderfully well in extending this into the email so that your chat sessions are always available! Kudos guys awesome job!

But I face the same problem too. Not too many of my friends are on gtalk. Besides I think the gtalk interface is way to simple. Chatting should be more fun that that. I'd like my emoticons please. Especially the Yahoo monkey and devil

do i need to do anything to have it integrated in my gmail account or is it added automatically? I get the following in my gmail:

Get Google Talk so you can chat and make free voice calls with friends. Your Google Talk chat history can be automatically saved right here in your Gmail account. Also coming soon: chat in Gmail!

To save your chat conversations in your gmail account you have to enable the option in gmail through settings - chat. Or you could enable it through gtalk settings.

i did try gtaking with my friend through gmail 2de

one word for bigG and its implementation of Gmail

aw-f*****g-some :grin::clap::D:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

now only one thing is left crushing m$uck to its knees :angry:

This is great for all gmail users.

Cheers