Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Tushar

Load Wallpapers And Ringtones Without Data Cable

I was just thinking that since R-World is also a WAP site maybe we could find some way to download ringtones through WAP sites instead of uploading them through a data cable. As we can also download ringtones from R-World isn't it. Now, I don't have much knowledge about writing WML but I tried something I uploaded a ringtone to my angelfire account of the name melody04.dat and also one more with name melody.dat and then I added a link to my wap site at tagtag.com. I went to R-Surf and browsed to the WAP site and when I clicked on the link I got a page with "Pyar Kiya" written on it (since this maybe the pyar kiya to darna kya ringtone from rimweb) but then I couldn't do anything. I also tried uploading melody05.mid etc.. but I came to the conclusion that only when you upload files with either melody or melody04.DAT only then I get the above message. Maybe someone here knows a little bit about WAP coding etc and could help. I think it will be some code to download and replace the file since in rworld we can choose whichfile to replace you see. Or if some one could tell me the real address of R-World WAP site I could see the coding an develop something. I know javascript and WML is quite similar and I'm pretty sure this is possible cause when I clicked on the melody file I got the page with Pyar Kiya so maybe theres some coding to make the phone download the ringtone. We we get through this we could also download wallpapers and maybe also games. If you'll wanna check the results goto R surf and then to the URL 'http://tagtag.com/maniktushar" and then try the 1st and 2nd links on that page the 3rd and 4th are of midi files which didn't work so yo can upload only dat files and not midi 4 kb files. Hope someoe could contribute. :clap::wub::rolleyes:

It sure does show the name if its in the correct format..

It was dicussed sometime baq in a topic under R World here..

See this Develop a WAP site

The server address of the Reliance R-world content is no use in the internet..

bcz that works only inside their network(Intranet).. They dont have access from

the internet, access is only through the handset network.. :)

At present i dont think R-Surf allows download of any files.. :rolleyes:

If its intranet then maybe if we connect through R-Connect we could access it through our computers using WAP site viewing software available. As of downloading files if you go to WAP sites then those showing images are displayed isn't it and they have to be stored on our cell or maybe the rworld cache for viewing. I think theres some WML code for downloading of these files I mean to instruct the phone to download and replace the file. Maybe somebody with WML knowledge could help. :(

And besides what I'm trying to say is that r-world cannot have separate coding for separate handsets on its network since on colour phones (LG) you can actually download and view VIDEOS through any WAP site found through google. So maybe if he hit the right brick we could solve this problem. :D

If its intranet then maybe if we connect through R-Connect we could access it through our computers using WAP site viewing software available. As of downloading files if you go to WAP sites then those showing images are displayed isn't i

It sure does show the image files..

Btw, You dont have access through R-Connect.. :(

And besides what I'm trying to say is that r-world cannot have separate coding for separate handsets on its network since on colour phones (LG) you can actually download and view VIDEOS through any WAP site found through google. So maybe if he hit the right brick we could solve this problem. :D

Hi,

For each phone model, it downloads a different R-World, it downloads

differently.. The menus and programs are not the same for all..

I am saying this bcz when u see the files downloaded through Bitpim,

most of them contains link names ending with Phone Model.

hi maniktushar,

some time ago we were all bitten by that bug. i even put up a wap site and even tried my own wap server. but it didnt work.

i called up customer care and they told me currently download of ringtone is supported only from r-world.

but keep thinking, we might get something.

if only we could see the code of r-world. i think it has to be some code on r-world that allows the phone to save the ringtone from it.

keep the hammer knocking at that brick

or else try finding out if the ringtone has anything special on it.

no, Really,

The Links To R-World May Be The Same But R-World Is Surely Diferent For Different Phones. :(

Cauz As Ashok Has Mentioned The Phone Does Send It's Model Number Whenever It Accesses R-World And Has To Commumicate Over It.

ya but how can they just block download ports for rd2030, ya maybe they could have different servers but then if any of you'll have a colour handset tell me can you download ringtones through that from any other wap sites. Someone could just try on custom built WAP site and if it works on that phone then we could ASSUME that they've blocked downloads for RD2030. :D:(