Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Suresh_Neyveli

R-connect's Maximum Speed - Screen Shots

R Connect is costlier than sh*t. They made net access during the daytime more costlier than any other ISP. Rs. 30 /hour or Rs. 600 for 32 hours per month etc. What is this?? Or stay up like owls in the night and access the internet using R Connect. And the less said about its speed the better. As for mobility FWP isn't mobile at all and those highway dacoits apply the same price and technology to FWP also. So R Connect for FWP is complete and total sh*t in speed and price compared to other options, period. I am soon gonna dump it for MTNL Triband.

Edited by AirCom

I never got 8.5 to 9 KBPS speed on rconnect , why can any one tell me

I am using Du meter and i always use to see speed

I am using rconnect from when rconnect first was introduced

But due to low speed i dont want to use this as i am getting almost half speed of others.

And i am tested the speed atleast 100 times whenever i download a file,

and i always get this speed only.

1hourreliance31mbdownloadso1.th.jpg

1hourreliance31mbdownloadso1.jpg

Edited by AMITAGARWAL

Even torrents works fine with reliance net connect. But since both upload and download takes place at the same time the download is slightly lower than normal download. But anyway, Its great.

I really love this FAN plan.

FAN -> Freedom At Night

post-9294-1154971760_thumb.png

@kachaid

your desktop looks great. What software do you use to monitor the connection speed.

I use Rconnect dailer to check avg. speed(session throu'put).

For checking connection speed u can use EVEREST home edition(formely AIDA32)

U can get it from,

http://www.lavalys.com/

btw, that is a theme u can use STYLE XP.

Check this desktop :P

post-1807-1155394642_thumb.jpg

btw, i heard about AIRTEL internet connection using mobiles.

Has any one tried here?

Whats the speed[Download mostly] and cost?And what are the requirement.

i heard something like this...

Download speed of 35KBPS [using N70 nokia]

We need to activate NET everyday and cost of Activation is Rs.20

NET last for ONE DAY [from time of activation to next day morning 10AM].

Thats all i know.

IS IT true though? i didn't try.

But due to low speed i dont want to use this as i am getting almost half speed of others.

Most probably because u're connecting ur handset at 115kbps baud rate.

Most probably because u're connecting ur handset at 115kbps baud rate.

No if i use higher setting it tells hardware failure

Can some one tell me the correct reason so i can also enjoy good speed.

My Upload Speed using R-Connect with N6235

post-7235-1155834465_thumb.jpg

I am not using r-connect anymore.

ha ha ha! reason ??

Check my screenshot.

I am getting more than 2MBPS now a days, have taken 256 KBPS connection though.

Which Broadband as you are saying 2MBPS an not 2mbps

2 Mega Byte = 16 Mega Bits

= 16 mbps

ncrease U R internet speed BY 20%

Increase your bandwidth by 20%

Windows uses 20% of your bandwidth! Get it back

A nice little tweak for XP. Microsoft reserve 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes (suspect for updates and interrogating your machine etc..)

Here's how to get it back:

Start-->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" without the "

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy-->Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QOS Packet Scheduler-->Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."

So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.

Thats not true

Correction of some incorrect claims about Windows XP QoS support

There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth for QoS. These claims are incorrect. The information in the "Clarification about QoS in end computers that are Running Windows XP" section correctly describes the behavior of Windows XP systems.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316666

Edited by nitinmukesh123

I am not using r-connect anymore.

ha ha ha! reason ??

Check my screenshot.

I am getting more than 2MBPS now a days, have taken 256 KBPS connection though.

lease line?

I am getting only speed upto 9.7 kBps or say 79 kbps on rconnect , why can any one tell me

I am using rconnect from when rconnect first was introduced,I am using Du meter and other softwares to test the speed.

Due to low speed i dont want to use this as i am getting almost half speed of others. Many even get 110 kbps or more speed . i like in bombay

and i always get this speed only. i tested with hundreds of different sites but the maximum speed is less WHY, Please do help

A nice little tweak for XP. Microsoft reserve 20% of your available bandwidth for their own purposes (suspect for updates and interrogating your machine etc..)

Here's how to get it back:

Start-->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" without the "

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy-->Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QOS Packet Scheduler-->Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."

So the trick is to ENABLE reservable bandwidth, then set it to ZERO. This will allow the system to reserve nothing, rather than the default 20%.

Reality - "There have been claims in various published technical articles and newsgroup postings that Windows XP always reserves 20 percent of the available bandwidth for QoS. These claims are incorrect. As in Windows 2000, programs can take advantage of QoS through the QoS APIs in Windows XP. 100% of the network bandwidth is available to be shared by all programs unless a program specifically requests priority bandwidth. This "reserved" bandwidth is still available to other programs unless the requesting program is sending data. By default, programs can reserve up to an aggregate bandwidth of 20% of the underlying link speed on each interface on an end computer. If the program that reserved the bandwidth is not sending sufficient data to use it, the unused part of the reserved bandwidth is available for other data flows on the same host.

you can also check..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q316666

Any one to help me why i get low speed always on r connect .

its mostly the network congestion. If you try the same thing in the morning hours and in a well ventilated room, you will get a positive turn in your surfing and good speed.

copperco2 -

But i sit on different time and yes i do sit in open place but never got the speed other people are talking they get on rconnect.

I got speed upto 9.7 kBps or say 79 kbps on rconnect till now on rconnect , i am using it from more than 2 years . ( i started using rconnect when it was launched) but the speed i got was not upto the mark.

why . please do help me.

Edited by AMITAGARWAL

^^^

@amitaagarwal

My dear friend I too agree with you that now a days Rconnect speed really is not good as it was earlier. I think it is due to heavy customer base which Reliance is adding day by day. Many new users are subscribing to Reliance and using Rconnect. Due to this many users surf the net at the same time causing network congestion. Whereever the number of Rconnect users is high in a particular area, each and every one will get the slower speeds.

The only solution to your problem is either you use Rconnect in off-peak hours, say by midnight or go for some other broadband connection, if available in your area.

Nothing else can be done my dear friend. This problem of lower speed is going to be increased in the near future, because more and more users will join Reliance and use the service.

Regards.

My speed usually won't cross 10 KBps. On Average it varies around 7 KBps.

I just use this R-connect for browsing the sites. Not for downloading anything. I mean, songs, big softwares etc.

I have experieced speeds over 75 KBps. I think R-connect is pretty slow for me. But thats the only option here :) . Anyway, i'm kinda happy with R-connect. [something is better than Nothing :) ]

copperco2 -

But i sit on different time and yes i do sit in open place but never got the speed other people are talking they get on rconnect.

I got speed upto 9.7 kBps or say 79 kbps on rconnect till now on rconnect , i am using it from more than 2 years . ( i started using rconnect when it was launched) but the speed i got was not upto the mark.

why . please do help me.

Try donwloading their netbooster software : http://www.rcom.co.in/Communications/Netco...netbooster.html

I and a lot of people I know have been using it for a few months and it really helped with the download speed and browsing. I can't use the Netconnect service without it.

I hope this helps you.

Wireless Guru

What is the most user-friendly Download counter? Where can I get the latest version of DU meter?

I have been using DUMETER (cracked) since 8 years or more, but later I found its clone which is completely FREEWARE under open SOURCE license. Not a single feature is missing. Try this. Can be found at http://readerror.gmxhome.de/ or type NETMETER in google and visit first site.

Also I found best FREEWARE download manager like one you mentioned above is FDM (Free Download Manager). It can be found asolutely free at http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Dont worry about spyware or adwares as they are both clean and in use with me Since many years. A hint: All FREEWARE Softwares, released under OpenLicense (Open source code) are clean.

EDIT: Its always good to use FREEWARE Clones than the PIRATED OR CRACKED SOFTWARES.

C Mahendra

Edited by cmahendra

Hi friends,

Ive been using reliance to browse the net long long ago. Ever since I got BroadBand from BSNL, reliance had become memories. After a couple of years Iam going through this thread (stared by me) and it is really amazing that i have downloaded at just 16KBPS.

My current download speed using BSNL broadband is 256KBPS (2Mbps).

Earlier with reliance I used to download at the max 60 MB per hour.

But now....

with broadband, its more than 750 MB per hour.

Anyway, at that time reliance was the speedest network i know. but now there is no improvement in speed. its still the same 16KBps.

Better switch to BB.