Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
kaplish

Reliance Tries To Dump Max Gamer

Alrite, its been quite some time tht i've been reading this thread, n its time to comment here now.

Firstly, rimweb.com wouldn't close down under any external pressures! So be absolutely fearless abt this. Secondly as someone mentioned earlier, even rimweb.com is hosted on servers outside India, and internet is no one's property and hence no website can be shut down by a pvt enterprise becoz they felt so! It can only be blocked under the IT Act 2000, whose directions need to come from the Govt. of India to all the Indian ISPs. And i dont think we've offended the govt as yet! :P

Atmost, Reliance being an ISP, can block websites from their own protocols. I dont see anything more happening, but thts the last thing they would resort to.

Next thing is tht pointing out vulnerabilities in any product is not hacking a product or service. As yet we've not discussed on how to hack their Servers. Only if something of tht sort happens distinctly with codes and ways to crack into their systems, on any of the threads can they sue us. We'll take care to manage such things here. We had discussed enuf while we were talking abt ways to insert ringtones in the handsets, n we found tht we r not intruding into reliance or LG's copyrights, but at max into the music company's copyrights. If any music company points out to us for such a thing, we know how to deal with it. u all dont have to worry abt it.

I dont know wht maxgamers had on the website tht was offensive to reliance n y they pulled it down coz as yet they haven't clearly talked abt it.

As far as i know, since i've been in contact with quite a few MNCs in the past, wht they usually do, is pressurise other enterprises just to show their might, even when they know tht the person can be useful for them, and then they'll try n get the same person to work under them, coz they never would want tht person to rule them, but they want tht person to be ruled by them. So these frightening techniques r just ways of pulling the Person down!

Another important thing. If any member of rimweb.com is approached by any agency for such an issue, pls refer them to me at chiragdedhia@rimweb.com coz since i put up in Mumbai, i can deal with things here much more easily. Let them put up their case or argument to me, n i'll definitely do my best to deal with it.

apologise since that was clearly not my intention.

I just pressed the QUOTE button on the right.

If your comment has been altered in any way (since I could not make out the difference), it was not my doing.

If there is a bug, someone should fix it...

no apology necessary

actually its just a misunderstanding.

i had said that rimweb cant be shutdown by reliance, so when u quoted i felt as if u misunderstood what i had said. just forget bout it and carry on with the discussion

Posting Vulnerabilities is not any violation of any kind of law. No one can sue anyone for posting a vulnerability. But, I recommend that whenever you find a vulnerability, you should better recommend the vendor and wait till he release the fix and then release the advisory along with the fix.

More than anything rimweb.com helps reliance india mobile users better than their customer care executives in solving (or atleast understanding) our problems.

But remember Reliance did this revolution in india(mobile revolution).

I think that corporates like reliance who use stong arm tactics, and harass cutomers on purpose need a website like this for people to air their experience. Not even good newspapers publish stuff about reliance!!!

For user experiences see techtree.com talkback columns!!

U will get to know how hopeless this company is!!!

One would think that a company like relinace that has such resources would do a better job in their implementation of their sytems

Hi Ravish I think people in this thread really need to know what this maxgamers website was before and why reliance tried to shut it down. Since we are very curious maybe u could please give a short description. THANKS :D:D:D