Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dimple

Unrecognised File Format.

i tried to receive some MP3 and BMP files through IR from Nokia handset Ir worked good but files received by My kyo was not in suported format and got a message for that. will any body tell me how to receive the fle from other handsets and what format does my kyo supports??

There was a workaround for this ... remember some IR file receive tool, which I read about the other day to register file types.... search around on google .. it was from there

cheers

ashok

Pankaj, when files are transferred by through IR, it gets stored in the internal RAM of the Kyocera, and internal RAM can only store Palm database format (.pdb). So in order to use such files, you will need a thrid party utility as mentioned by Ashok. I guess he was referring to Receiveit.

BTW, this is what Receiveit does...

Q: Can you explain what Receiveit format is?

A: 'Receiveit format file' is designed to enable your palm device to store files that's not in palm format in internal RAM. As we know that internal RAM can only store databases. Receiveit does encapsulate these file in Palm database format (.pdb)

Q: What do you mean by 'unknown file format' error in Palm ?

A: Every file type transferred via IR must be registered first before it is handled by certain application. Palm OS handles an incoming file by identifying what type the file is, and then look into a register table to determine which application should handle the file. (There are file types that pre-registered on every palm device. For example: .txt registered to Memopad, .vcf to Address, and so on) If Palm OS can't find what application should handle the incoming file, then it will show you an error message: "unknown file format".

Q: Hmmm.. it's not very clear to me, please give me an example.

A: Imagine that you need to copy a file from your friends notebook, and you only carrying a Palm OS device. Let's say it's a .RAR file (rar compressed file). It's unlikely that your device have an application that can handle this file type. If you try to accept this file, you would get an annoying message: "unknown file format", and the file couldn't be copied to your device.

You cannot recieve mp3/jpeg or ne other files from an ordinary phone on ur 7135 ...the reason is 7135 is Palm OS powered phone ...and it reads the files only in formats of *.prc or *.pdb formats in its internal memory ... so u can only recieve files from any other Palm OS powered handheld phone ...

Regards,

Niral.