Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Mahinder

How Can I Use Imported Samsung Cdma Phone With Reliance ?

Guys,

I want to import and use Samsung i730 CDMA phone with reliance CDMA network. Is this possible ?

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/samsung-i730.htm

samsung_i730.jpgsamsung_i730_open.jpgsamsung_i730_back.jpg

PPC6700_i730_compare.jpgMITS.jpg

Specs:

Display: Transflective TFT color LCD. 65K colors, screen size diag: 2.8 ". Resolution: 240 x 320.Supports both portrait and landscape orientations.

Battery: Lithium Ion rechargeable. Battery is user replaceable. Both standard 1100 mAh and 1700 mAh extended battery included in the box. Claimed talk time: 2.2 hours. Claimed standby time: 5.4 days.

Performance: 520 MHz Intel XScale PXA 272 processor. 64 MB built-in RAM (57 megs available). 128 MB Flash ROM with 86 megs available in SafeStore for your use.

Size: 4.53 x 2.28 x 0.94 inches. Weight: 6.34 ounces.

Audio: Built in stereo speakers, mic and 2.5mm stereo headphone jack. Stereo earbud headset with mic and call volume and send/end button included. Voice Recorder, Voice Signal (speech recognition) and Windows Pocket Media Player 10 included for your MP3 pleasure.

Networking: Integrated WiFi 802.11b and Bluetooth.

Phone: CDMA dual band (800 and 1900 MHz) digital only. 1xRTT and EVDO for data.

Software: Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for Pocket PC Phone operating system. Microsoft Pocket Office suite including Pocket Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook. Also, Terminal Services, MSN Messenger, Pocket Windows Media Player 10, calculator, and Voice Recorder as well as handwriting recognition. 3rd party and Samsung software: Picsel Viewer, MITs Launcher, AV Remote Control, Today Screen Plugin to control WiFi and Bluetooth, Verizon's Wireless Sync. ActiveSync 3.7 and Outlook 2002 for PCs included.

Expansion: 1 SD (Secure Digital) slot supporting SDIO and SDIO Now!

Edited by Mahinder

Very cool looking with great features. May take few light years before Indian consumers can see latest technologies at affordable price ranges.

Reliance seems to be very happy in what it is doing and I really doubt whether they would press hard for new devices like this.

You may able to run-around get this handset work for Reliance but my $1 advice is change your country if you really want to use this phone!

Guys,

I want to import and use Samsung i730 CDMA phone with reliance CDMA network. Is this possible ?

Even I have got Samsung A 790.... But didnt find yet any one to open it :wacko:

well i am amazed why samsung is sleeping for the Indian CDMA market.......

chi chaa chuu...jaago!!!!...its too late now......LG has the maximum market share in CDMA...

i know that i am very late to reply on this post. if you still have this phone with u can ues below link to unlock phone your

http://www.mobile2mobile.net/unlock/Samsung-Unlocker.htm

http://www.unlockmob.com/?gclid=CID_-ZuU7o0CFQtTTAodZVPFww

or if you are already using this phone with reliance, Please do let me know, how it is possible? I m intersted to buy same phone.

Thanks,

Sanjeev

Guys,

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/samsung-i730.htm

samsung_i730.jpgsamsung_i730_open.jpgsamsung_i730_back.jpg

PPC6700_i730_compare.jpgMITS.jpg

Specs:

Display: Transflective TFT color LCD. 65K colors, screen size diag: 2.8 ". Resolution: 240 x 320.Supports both portrait and landscape orientations.

Battery: Lithium Ion rechargeable. Battery is user replaceable. Both standard 1100 mAh and 1700 mAh extended battery included in the box. Claimed talk time: 2.2 hours. Claimed standby time: 5.4 days.

Performance: 520 MHz Intel XScale PXA 272 processor. 64 MB built-in RAM (57 megs available). 128 MB Flash ROM with 86 megs available in SafeStore for your use.

Size: 4.53 x 2.28 x 0.94 inches. Weight: 6.34 ounces.

Audio: Built in stereo speakers, mic and 2.5mm stereo headphone jack. Stereo earbud headset with mic and call volume and send/end button included. Voice Recorder, Voice Signal (speech recognition) and Windows Pocket Media Player 10 included for your MP3 pleasure.

Networking: Integrated WiFi 802.11b and Bluetooth.

Phone: CDMA dual band (800 and 1900 MHz) digital only. 1xRTT and EVDO for data.

Software: Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for Pocket PC Phone operating system. Microsoft Pocket Office suite including Pocket Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook. Also, Terminal Services, MSN Messenger, Pocket Windows Media Player 10, calculator, and Voice Recorder as well as handwriting recognition. 3rd party and Samsung software: Picsel Viewer, MITs Launcher, AV Remote Control, Today Screen Plugin to control WiFi and Bluetooth, Verizon's Wireless Sync. ActiveSync 3.7 and Outlook 2002 for PCs included.

Expansion: 1 SD (Secure Digital) slot supporting SDIO and SDIO Now!

Dont import samsung 730, its not possible to use it on reliance. Rather buy 6700 from sadik or can import too. Almost same specs handset. 6700 supports RUIM too. Also 730 is windows 2003 which does not support non voltatile memory. 6700 is windows 2005 which supports non volatile memory. 6700 is available between 10k to 15k in India.(Depends on quality of handset)

Dont import samsung 730, its not possible to use it on reliance. Rather buy 6700 from sadik or can import too. Almost same specs handset. 6700 supports RUIM too. Also 730 is windows 2003 which does not support non voltatile memory. 6700 is windows 2005 which supports non volatile memory. 6700 is available between 10k to 15k in India.(Depends on quality of handset)

Yes, this one is a nice phone. But dear i am looking for a tuchscreen phone with reliance connection. If you know any one please let me know.

Thanks!

well 6700 is a touch screen phone !

well 6700 is a touch screen phone !

great! Can you pls tell me about its performance?

Thanks,

Do you like the adventure,the crazy mobile game,i can share with you a good place,www.gamemobile.com can give you the free java games,that is cool,i used to get the download game with no charge.I am not sure about it,but you can have a try.

http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...Family_V180.jar http://download.gamemobile.com/download.ph...Family_C390.jar

Hi,

I have a Samsung i730 CDMA PDA (US service provider-Verizon). Need help in using the same in Reliance network in Indi.

Please share contact numbers of techies available in Chennai/Hyderabad who can do the unlocking in local market.

Rgds,

Ramana

Edited by ramana50690