Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dapoedbyreliance

Why Does My Rconnect Become Dormant Always

hi.

i wonder if anyone can tell me why this happens.

When i connect to rconnect the data transfer on page browsing is fine for the first one or two minutes. down load speed can reach upto 90 kbps. but then after that the connection just goes dead. its still connected but the data incoming is 0 all the time after that the phone goes dormant and ocasionally comes out of dormant mode but with no data coming or going. If at all i try to open any page the browser is always at "resolving host xyz.com....." .

Sometimes it works fine. but then if i try to download a file it behaves like the above after a few minutes. I cant even download any email attachments although i can probably open the email homepage using my browser.

Reliance customer "care" have no solution to this. and u can read an example of their response here, which i have heard so many times for the past few months.

I bought the reliance connection solely for the rconnect service and if there is any one in this forum who can help me to fix this problem I will be very grateful.

Otherwise if anyone want to buy my dapo connection im happy to sell as well.

I hope someone can help me out.

regards

Kunal

Edited by Chirag

Jus to avoid repetition ur post has been edited.

I dont know how this can be resolved. But i surely know tht u r wasting ur precious money by goin for R-Connect using a Reliance Mobile, if tht is all u want to do. I'd rather suggest u to go for Reliance FWP and dump this phone! u'll surely pay much lesser this way!

Chirag : thanks for inserting the link in the edit.

For me it was a chioce between BSNL dialup+phone and reliance mobile+internet. At that time the decision was simple!! 144 kbps vs 56 kbps!

Anyway whats the guarantee the fwp will give good download speeds? Its the same technology isn't it?

I wonder if my only option is to sell this phone!!

Which city r u from? if u could let the rest know this, then probably there could be more specific answers.

Anyways, theres obviously no guarantee. But 1 thing is for sure, tht there r some problems with specific Mobile nos. only or specific handsets only. So maybe the problem could be resolved once u have the new handset. But wht i worry is tht u wont get more money back incase u r in DAPO. Best would be to sell it to a frnd rather than returning it to Reliance. Otherwise costwise, FWP works cheaper anyday over Reliance Mobiles.

well, ther'es a low -key method to overcome this problem...

wheneve the phone starts pleep ... pleep.... connecting and disconnecting... just press 'end' once or twice... then click on refresh...

it'shud work properly...

lets see- ill try to see if it works

Does anybody know if there is a way to change the timout value or something like that?

Can you get to the phones internal rom using the data cable?

Is there any software for that?

I have an FWP (LG) and it comes with a 1,800 refundable deposit and a choice of 3 plans: 500, 1,000, and 1,500.

I'm also looking for a data cable for it since RConnect from RIM has a monthly fee of 200 plus airtime charges per min.

I have seen some on Baazee for about 100-200 but have no idea if they will work.

All I know is that they come only with a serial adaptor and USB is not an available option.

The MRP of the cable from RWW is about 1,000 + tax which seems a little steep to me.

dapoedbyreliance,

When we connect to R-connect it shows like this on phone screen

R>>>>>> T >>>>>

So, Tell how many bars normally shows on your phone After 'R' And After 'T'.

And Check your R-connect with other Two-Three comp also. and tell us the results.

the thing about pressing the re button a few times doesn''t make any diff!!!

so no luck!!!

you first need to press 'end' on the phone... so that the phone shows 'dormant'...then try refreshing...

I do something very simple to keep my connection "alive" during my session. I start a Kazaa/Download accelerator/other download. During the download the phone never becomes dormant. Also due to high speed connection - browsing/chatting etc never is a problem while Kazaa or DAP is running in the background. This prevents the phone from disconnecting everytime and costing me a call charge every 20-30 seconds!

Is this not a problem with the Reliance FWP? They are based on the same technology - I would assume both would have this problem!

If its the problem with dormant, then i think

someone has already mentioned this..

goto Start > Run

Type ping xxxxx -t

Replace the xxxxx with any site address

for eg. rediff.com

This wont take of much bandwidth..

dapoedbyreliance,

When we connect to R-connect it shows like this on phone screen

R>>>>>> T >>>>>

So, Tell how many bars normally shows on your phone After 'R' And After 'T'.

And Check your R-connect with other Two-Three comp also. and tell us the results.

The R>>>>>> And t>>>>>>> stand for recieving and transmission.If there is a high data transfer then the arrows will be more .It uaually on the content u r accessing

if you use for some downloads, better use download accelerator. becoz speed is very good.

moreover speed normally depends upon the no. of users sharing the bandwith at any given point of time.

all this just doesn't work

You cannot ping ANYTHING!!!!

I cannot resolve any hosts.

the data transfer is ZERO!!!! (except in the first few seconds /minutes)

this is so useless, reliance totally crap product from thieves!!!!

dapoedbyreliance,

I earlier said that check your R-connect with other M/Cs and tell us the results.. so if your PC may be affected by any worm or trojan.

I am telling this because u get speed for first min and then after your connection becomes slow.

Best way to try this is on Linux box..

Ok niket heres your answers:

1. i am on linux box most of the time - onle rarely on a windows box!

2. my speed doesn't become slow!!! it becomes zero. Also the phone is dormant! and when it is out of dormancy the RX indication shows 0 bars on the phone.

with a connection like this i think im safe from worms and trojans on the net!!!!! :D;)

So now you understand my problem!!!??

Please note your'e charged for the dormant period also.

Usage is calculated from login time to logout time.

Please note your'e charged for the dormant period also.

Usage is calculated from login time to logout time.

I strongly dont think so if theres a dormant feature then what is it for.only to recieve call ? no.Whenever it comes out of dormancy a new callis made u can actually see the time on u r phone.

yeah, Greens is right.

You're charged for the entire session, irrespective of dormant phases in between.

When the phone goes into dormancy, you are still connected to reliance server, You are not authenticated again when the phone comes out of dormancy and again places a data call.

Dormancy is a feature only to allow incoming calls.

It is a smart solution to a problem like expecting an imp call, so not connecting to the net till we receive that call (or maybe don't receive it at all).

yeah, Greens is right.

You're charged for the entire session, irrespective of dormant phases in between.

When the phone goes into dormancy, you are still connected to reliance server, You are not authenticated again when the phone comes out of dormancy and again places a data call.

Dormancy is a feature only to allow incoming calls.

It is a smart solution to a problem like expecting an imp call, so not connecting to the net till we receive that call (or maybe don't receive it at all).

Wll that explains my last months bloated phone bill.

Y dont u try logging the amt of time u've used RConnect for, and make sure u note down the time from loggin in to Loggin out. And then check the same in the forthcoming bills.

I think tht the way Greens says, it works.

Y dont u try logging the amt of time u've used RConnect for, and make sure u note down the time from loggin in to Loggin out. And then check the same in the forthcoming bills.

I think tht the way Greens says, it works.

And don't forget to enable Itemised bill (send "ITEM YES" to 3733).

You'll see R-connect usage mins utilised from your 400 mins monthly quota and also any extra usage over and above the dapo mins.