Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
basant_jp

Reliance Comm, Hutch To Offer Blackberry Services

I dont think backberries has any advantage except push mail.

Also blackberries do not support your existing POP / SMTP / IMAP4 accounts unless they have push mail support.

One of my frnd is using it on airtel and I thinks its sheer waste unless one belongs to a corporate which provides pushmail.

Ofcourse preferences are different. But I will never invest or buy any black berry.

true

I do not agree to the view that existing pop, etc. accounts are not supported. i do not also understand what you mean by "they have push mail support". I have a blackberry and it supports my vsnl, gmail, yahoo, eth.net. etc. accounts. not all of the above emails are mine - some are of family members who do not access emails all the time and since i have ten accounts possible in blackberry i have added them and when a mail comes, i tell them about the mail.

so blackberry does support pop accounts. question is about the huge subscription charges which i believe is mainly because of blackberry's huge royalty cut rather than airtel or hutch charges. anyway, the amount of rs. 1000 or so per month is prohibitive.

Push mail is the Tech where any New Mails come to Lotus SMart Suit Server of MS Exchange Server on Mobile Operators Server

it send the Java Push Mail Event SMS to Mobile this SMS is handled in Silent Mode and then The PPC or PDA Initiate the Process of Downloading the Email which was sent as Event Pretty Easy. Here Server Initiate the Process via SMS so u dont have to Check for Email every time and Waste Precious Money on GPRS rather use GPRS only when the Actual Email come to me.

Push Mail is Supported by MIcrosoft Platform using PPC 2005 Edition and MS Exchange Server on Operator End.

Black berry uses Lotus Platform by IBM (i think)

We are Discussing This Black Berry and Just cant Taste after Almost 1 Years

Anil Ambani Companies Speaks too much But fails miserably when its time for Action, He can only Succeed in Volume Games and not in Quality Game