Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ArunAnto

Please Suggest A Folder Mobile Phone

Could anyone please suggest which one to choose among the following mobile sets and what would be price of the same . I will be thankful if anyone give a breif comparison of the following sets

LG RD 6500

NOKIA 6155

GTRAN GCP4020

LG RD 6000

If you are going for Nokia CDMA, dont forget that all of them have the 140 character SMS limit ...not even 160 ...LMS is way off!

N6235 has 160 character SMS. And as far as I know other Nokias too have 160 char SMS.

It does have EMS, but the feature is not supported by newtwork :(

Are you sure??? Because when I was considering a handset upgrade I was given to belive that no Nokia model currently supports more than 140 characters ...even the top end 6255!

Send me your number and I'll send you a 160 char sms from my N6235. :(

Hmm ...thats v strange! Even the folks at the webworld told me Nokias dont support more than 140 chars! Mebbe it changed later ...or maybe it was wrong info. Don't remember for sure ...but at least the 3125 wasn't out at that time. I guess the correct statement would be that some CDMA Nokias support 160 and soem dont. Anyway, its good that some do ...but lack of LMS cud still be an issue for most people.

Edited by raccoon

Nokia's very first model 2280 was supporting 160 characters. no nokia model is with 140.

Anyways, the main question is of suggesting him a handset. We are deviating from topic a bit.

If you want battery life while sacrificing the looks, go for Nokia flap phones. As far as I am concerned, LG6000 is the most beautiful phone in RIM. But it is now replaced by a cheaper LG6500. And I am not entirely sure that the Gtran can still be bought. Anyways, buy that phone whose service center is nearby your home, and after-sales service is good.

Did anyone tell which of these phones are feature riched ?

what would be pricing ? . Is there any price difference if we are purchasing from WW or nokia dealer ?

I recently bought 6155, 160 char SMS, WAP browsing and also can install Mini Opera. Mini Opera is the excellent mobile browser. I can also install FLURRYMAIL which allows me to send and recieve POP / SMTP mail from 6155. I will suggest 6155. or any Nokia handset which has WAP browsing over RWORLD

I recently bought 6155, 160 char SMS, WAP browsing and also can install Mini Opera. Mini Opera is the excellent mobile browser. I can also install FLURRYMAIL which allows me to send and recieve POP / SMTP mail from 6155. I will suggest 6155. or any Nokia handset which has WAP browsing over RWORLD

what was the cost of 6155 ? you purchased it from WW or Nokia dealer ?

Can anyone suggest me a good reliance phone which has the following features

1. mp3 player.

2. video player

3. fm player

4. bluetooth

5. ringtones and wallpapers dload through bitpim

if not all the features, atleast some of them

I bought 6155 for 10K before about a month. From Nokia dealer.

If one wants to upload ringtnes and wall papers using BITPIM go for LG. As Nokia uses its own softwares to do so.

Why not get 6255 for few extra bucks? I think u can install all the softs on 6255 that can be installed on 6155, n u get option of blutoooth as well.

BTW, is there any remote control application for S40, as there is for S60?

I think 6255 is good handset but does not support WAP browsing.