Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajeshkatiyar

Dual Mode Handset Launched By Tata Indicom

Dear Friends

TATA Indicom has launched a Dual mode GSM - CDMA handset as world phone.

I saw it in Business World, page 5. The ad does not mention price and other details.

Basically it is for international roaming. The ad says keep one number globally. The name of the handset is Global Moto. If anyone knows more about it, please post !

Tata Indicom One World One Number truly empowers with

some very unique features:

One World One Number T-Sim Card

Introducing for the first time ever, a single card that empowers you to enjoy both CDMA and GSM services by switching between the two networks using Tata Indicom One World One Number T-SIM card.

One Number

You can now be reached anywhere across the world on the same Tata Indicom Mobile number.

One Address Book

With a single T-SIM card your address book always goes with you.

One Phone

Tata Indicom also introduces, for the first time in India, a Dual WORLDPHONE (GLOBALMOTO). The WORLDPHONE has the capability to work on both CDMA and GSM networks. It empowers you to enjoy the services of the best service provider wherever you go without having to worry about technology anymore.

One Caller Line Identity

When you make an outgoing call while roaming, your CLI will be displayed on the phone of the called party.

One Zone One Tariff

Enjoy for the first time ever an extremely simple and convenient zone-based tariff for any call you may make when you are roaming internationally in GSM countries. Not just that, the tariff plans offered are extremely attractive.

One Bill

Now you can track local and international roaming calls in the same monthly bill.

One Helpline

A single point Customer Contact number - 9225510000 for all your needs wherever you are.

Source: http://www.tataindicom.com/personal/mobile...oaming_intl.asp

hey can that be used with GSm in INDIA...and can rim RUIM be also used

Its cost is 24,999.With 1.3MP cam,Mp3,Expandabale memory etc.........

And recently i got the info that we can get any CDMA 800 handset from abroad and can be activated on tata network!

Thats because they just program the network settings on the phone but reliance loads rworld...........blah.blah and deactiates all the key features of the phone.

Edited by shashank

well thats good,,.......reliance..bhai..kucch karne ka

Now that must be last nail in "stupid ADAG service" coffin.... All they needed was this only... Hey if someone could just clear up these doubts I'll preferably switch over soon...

1) In case I'm not happy with tata tomorrow can I put a gsm sim in this phone and use it over for other gsm networks in india...

2) Does this phone came with their free roaming pack that was available some time back

3) What are latest data charges for tata internet on mobile...

Q1: It would be better to ask their CC.But 99% i believe that it works.

Q2:Free incoming while roaming is available for Rs.150/month(ONLY POSTPAID)

Q3:If you access websites(ANY WEBSITE)on your HANDSET.........it is absolutely free!!!!!!!!!!!!!They charge only for downloading ringtone,Wallpapers And Games.

And if you want to access Web on PC,they charge 40paisa/min.

well completely satisfied with imvikky...... the last nail has finally been struck lets c if anil can play the role of undertaker..finally! and come out again of the coffin