Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
schumi

All About Nokia 6265

hi schumi...

do you or anyone have a registered video converter... i tried xillisoft, media coder and megabit converter... they all are unregistered version, so they either encode half of the selected file or of maximum of 2min....

if i have to encode a movie or a bigger length movie then what software to use...

please help...

when i bought my phone the very next day i did put a scratch guard on my phone....though a little bigger coz the size wasnt available.....when i had that on my phone the dust particales entered and i can see this fine black spots inside my phone entered frm the botton of screen and upper right corner (so the scratch guard doesnt help preventing dust only scratches) only of u look closely or when the phone screen is white the dust particales are noticable.....its now been more than a week that i have taken off the scratch guard & put on the 6265 size scratch guard...for those who think it aint available....u r wrong coz it is...chow

As you menionted that you have put a Screen Guard the 2nd day you purchased the handset and still you are facing the problem then maybe I have been lucky that I have not yet faced the problem of dust and hopefully I stay away from this problem as long as possible. :grin:

Anyways Can you tell us from where did you purchase the Screen Guard of the Nokia 6265 handset.The shop name and the address please.Also the price.And Is the Screen Guard specially of Nokia 6265 or some other model which fits on this handset. :(

I got my scratch guard from Borivli -(Indraprasth Shopping centre -Basement) This is whole Mobile Market and yes I got the one which exclusive for Nokia 6265. Price range it between 300-350.

Guys, I am facing unsual problem within jus 1 month of using N6265.. My camera starts automatically!! Its so insane, but yes it does.. When i m on call, on stanby mode, even while writing sms, camera just starts.. Its so irratiting..

If someone wit same problem... whts the solution.. PLZ HELP..

Edited by vmsanghrajka

Hi guys,

isn't there an order by TRAI that a ervice provider cannot withdraw a service without giving prior notice to its customers?

When reliance discontinued the WAP access to non reliance sites.... haven't they flouted that order?

Is there a way we can take it up with some regulatory authority....atleast they should not get away with it...just lying to us all the time!!!!

someone......law qualified on this forum???

Good News Guys,

Finally I got my number transfered to my old handset and now i can send my N6265 for servicing. :(

It happened like this.

At around 4:15 i received a call from Chairman's Office regarding my HCC problem. Thing is that our new N6265 is not getting registered properly into Reliance Server. So i had to reprogram the handset and then the HCC card work smooooothly and my number got transfered in just 15 mins.

That fellow explained me the procedure very well. :grin:

I also asked them about two problems that i saw in 6265.

1. WAP ACCESS:

I got reply that WAP is ready to use and launch. But some business parameters are required to be defined and its distribution channels are to be guided for this service. Approx time frame is 1 month but can extend depending on the management decisions and environment affecting the decision.

2. SMS CAPACITY:

He said, this issue will be forwarded to technical team and the resolution will be provided to the user on early basis.

So now my mail did its work on time. :rofl_200:

Now i will give my handset to Nokia Cae at phoenix Mills and wait for the camera to work again.. Yuppieee :Confuso:

And one more thing would iscuss with u all is that, can we find an appropriate way to deliver the SMS storage problem to Nokia as well???

Let us all try both the sides and bring this point ahead. Coz i feel if these two issues resolved 6265 is one of the best peices in CDMA. Even i tested its performance with N70 and found it very satisfactory. Inface am glad that i have N6265 and not N70. Just that this is not a Symbion OS handset. But we have ways to tickle the system. :Chulo:

Monji.

Guys, I am facing unsual problem within jus 1 month of using N6265.. My camera starts automatically!! Its so insane, but yes it does.. When i m on call, on stanby mode, even while writing sms, camera just starts.. Its so irratiting..

Hi Vaibhav,

Visit Nokia Care Center at Phoenix Mills. They will let u know if it is solvable instantly.

Usually they keep handset for 8 days and give u back if repaired. If it goes for replacement then it takes 1 month and may be more. So, be prepared for getting ur number transfered to some other handset. I just passed through the phase as my N6265 camera was not working. :grin: Had a tough time but now guess am out of the first phase of trouble. :(

Monji

Do any of you guys have a problem with 1GB mem cards not being supported on the new 6265? I tried a few brands of 1GB mini SD cards on the phone and they show up as "unformatted" with no option to actually format them. Even if you take the card out and format it on a card reader and put it back in the phone, it still shows up as "unformatted". This seems to have been an issue on Nokia 6265 which has been discussed on another forum. I am putting a link thru to that discussion here http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Forum...mp;TopicId=6292

In that forum they've kind of isolated it down to being a compatibility of certain brands with the 6265, and it seems only the Kingston brand of SD cards in the 1gb capacity work on 6265.

I have placed an order for a Kingston mini sd card with my vendor but I still havent received it so I'm waiting to see how it goes.

Have any of you chaps had a similar problem with 1 GB cards on the 6265? Hope you can give me some input on other compatible brands which work on the 6265 :-)

Do any of you guys have a problem with 1GB mem cards not being supported on the new 6265? I tried a few brands of 1GB mini SD cards on the phone and they show up as "unformatted" with no option to actually format them. Even if you take the card out and format it on a card reader and put it back in the phone, it still shows up as "unformatted". This seems to have been an issue on Nokia 6265 which has been discussed on another forum. I am putting a link thru to that discussion here http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Forum...mp;TopicId=6292

In that forum they've kind of isolated it down to being a compatibility of certain brands with the 6265, and it seems only the Kingston brand of SD cards in the 1gb capacity work on 6265.

I have placed an order for a Kingston mini sd card with my vendor but I still havent received it so I'm waiting to see how it goes.

Have any of you chaps had a similar problem with 1 GB cards on the 6265? Hope you can give me some input on other compatible brands which work on the 6265 :-)

I had a similar problem when i went looking for data card for my 6265.... even read the post you metioned but since i tried the card and it didn't work... i haven't bothered about it much. although after the incident i decided to buy the card only after trying it on the phone..... will do it next time i go to town.... maybe around the middle of next week. will let you know which ones work.

BTW i had tried a NCP card...it didn't work i thought its a fake...although the dealer showed it to me on his phone and was working...

other people are using NCP cards and they work fine...maybe its an issue with some handsets ony

I have a UMAX card with me,

Had not heard the name before but it worked on my phone. Taiwanese copmany. www.umax.net

In case you want to know the list of compatible cards, there was this list opn one of the forums,

Lemme see, yup howard forums:

This hould help.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...age=1&pp=15

Thanks monji.. Nokia is know for "low-quality" products.. N6265 is on of them :rofl_200:

Hi Vaibhav,

Visit Nokia Care Center at Phoenix Mills. They will let u know if it is solvable instantly.

Usually they keep handset for 8 days and give u back if repaired. If it goes for replacement then it takes 1 month and may be more. So, be prepared for getting ur number transfered to some other handset. I just passed through the phase as my N6265 camera was not working. :grin: Had a tough time but now guess am out of the first phase of trouble. :(

Monji

I have a UMAX card with me,

Had not heard the name before but it worked on my phone. Taiwanese copmany. www.umax.net

In case you want to know the list of compatible cards, there was this list opn one of the forums,

Lemme see, yup howard forums:

This hould help.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...age=1&pp=15

The forum quoted above says that sandisk 2GB cards are also compatible...has anyone tried them?

what is the difference between this handset and LG when ****ing no WAP is there..

this reliance ADA s**ks...

hi schumi...

do you or anyone have a registered video converter... i tried xillisoft, media coder and megabit converter... they all are unregistered version, so they either encode half of the selected file or of maximum of 2min....

if i have to encode a movie or a bigger length movie then what software to use...

please help...

hi schumi...

please help...

Hey Vicky, I have full version of Xilisoft 3gp converter, PM me your email Id and will mail you the full version

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

hi schumi...

please help...

Hey Vicky, I have full version of Xilisoft 3gp converter, PM me your email Id and will mail you the full version.

Hey i use the nokia multimedia player (bundled with PC suite)to convert videos into 3gp format.... i think it does a pretty decent job.... is Xilisoft a better option?

hi schumi...

please help...

Hey Vicky, I have full version of Xilisoft 3gp converter, PM me your email Id and will mail you the full version.

Hey i use the nokia multimedia player (bundled with PC suite)to convert videos into 3gp format.... i think it does a pretty decent job.... is Xilisoft a better option?

I havent tried PC suite yet, however Xilisoft allows you to convert into various formats like mpg,mp4,avi,3gp,real audio,real video....

Link to Xilisoft 3gp converter posted in Download Application for 6265 section

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

hi schumi...

please help...

Hey Vicky, I have full version of Xilisoft 3gp converter, PM me your email Id and will mail you the full version

Hi Chirag...

my email id is : vicky007@bol.net.in please mail me the full version of xilisoft converter...

thanks in advance...

HI Schumi,

I hope you have mastered the phone by now. I need your help greatly.

I have a strange experience or it might be my ignorance. Few days back when i was using the default Mini SD card provided in the phone I could only take photos / videos in PORTRAIT mode. Now I have upgraded my memory to a 2 GB Kingston MiniSD card, now the video / photo I capture is all in the Landscape mode.

Is there any particular keypress or a setting by which I can change it to Portrait & Landscape as my wish? please let me know. I remember in my Samsung D620 you can change by pressing the Key #3 and there was no option to change otherwise. In this 6265 i have pressed all the keys but could not change.

Please help!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Ravi

Hi Guys,

I have LG 6130 right now and looking to buy a good handset ranging between 15K-20K. I am really confused with the N 6265 review and knowing that Nokia is not going manufacture CDMA phones in future :rockon:

I am only sticking to Reliance due to low cost plans. But now I am ready to migrate to any other expensive operators like Airtel, Hutch (no bsnl plz).

I am attaching some images of handsets which i really liked and have 3G technology also, can you guys please suggest me a good handset from these.

Thanks

Nick

post-6197-1157353785_thumb.jpg

post-6197-1157353815_thumb.jpg

post-6197-1157353845_thumb.jpg

post-6197-1157353881_thumb.jpg

post-6197-1157353921_thumb.jpg

post-6197-1157353992_thumb.jpg

Is it the right thing to eject the miniSD card from your phone while it is switched on ?

My friends say its not right and can damage or hang your phone. Nokia manuals dont mention anything..

Is it the right thing to eject the miniSD card from your phone while it is switched on ?

My friends say its not right and can damage or hang your phone. Nokia manuals dont mention anything..

Well...w.r.t the misi sd card...u can safely remove it when the phone is on....The only thing u should be careful is that the sd card should not be in reading or writing mode while doing so. else it might hang or damage the card

HI Schumi,

I hope you have mastered the phone by now. I need your help greatly.

I have a strange experience or it might be my ignorance. Few days back when i was using the default Mini SD card provided in the phone I could only take photos / videos in PORTRAIT mode. Now I have upgraded my memory to a 2 GB Kingston MiniSD card, now the video / photo I capture is all in the Landscape mode.

Is there any particular keypress or a setting by which I can change it to Portrait & Landscape as my wish? please let me know. I remember in my Samsung D620 you can change by pressing the Key #3 and there was no option to change otherwise. In this 6265 i have pressed all the keys but could not change.

Please help!!!

Thanks in Advance,

Ravi

Yes there is a setting to change the Capture Modes and its also mentioned in the manual.But you cant get the portrait mode in this handset.You can only change the Size of the images.From 1600 x 1200 to 160 x 120.You just need to select the Camera and go in Settings and then Image size.

hi schumi...

please help...

Hi Chirag...

my email id is : vicky007@bol.net.in please mail me the full version of xilisoft converter...

thanks in advance...

Follow this link and you will get full version of Xilisoft 3gp converter...

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=68541

hi schumi...

please help...

Hi Chirag...

thanks in advance...

Follow this link and you will get full version of Xilisoft 3gp converter...

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?s=&a...ost&p=68541

Its not a registered version so only upto 2 mins of conversion. :rockon: Do you know the codes ? :cheer: