Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhay

Reliance Communitcations Takes On Airtel (bharti)

Rel Comm takes on Airtel

A clash of the titan! Anil Ambani's Reliance Communications has drawn up an internal strategy to unseat rival Airtel from the number one slot. The company has given itself till the end of September to achieve what it calls 'target apex', reports CNBC-TV18.

Anil Ambani wants to be number one. With 23.7 million subscribers, Reliance Communications is a good 6.5-lakh subscribers behind market leader Bharti Airtel. The company has now set itself an ambitious target of overtaking Bharti Airtel in the next two months.

Bharti currently has 24.3 million subscribers. RCL anticipates that if Bharti maintains the current rate of growth, it could go to about 27 million by the end of September. Meanwhile, if RCL maintains its current rate of growth it will at best add 2 .4 million odd subscribers in the next two months, which will take it to 26.4 million subscribers. That's 6 lakh short of Bharti.

So how does RCL plan to dethrone Airtel? The company will come up with a special offering on four handset models by the end of this month. Reliance Telecom, which is the GSM arm, will also launch attractive introductory offers for the 150 new towns it plans to enter by the end of September.

Also watch out for a tariff rejig to mark the festive season. The company also plans to give its Fixed Wireless Phone, FWP, business a push. Incidentally, RCL includes its FWP numbers in its monthly additions.

Anticipating a surge in demand, the company has placed an order for 3 million handsets from CDMA manufacturers. Delivery is expected latest by mid-September.

While the strategy might be in place, the big question is where will the numbers come from. The company plans to aggressively target the GSM churn, which is currently about a million customers a month. Typically these customers don't switch technologies and stay GSM, but RCL hopes to convert them to CDMA.

Anil Ambani's core team of Amitabh Jhunjhunwala and Satish Seth will closely monitor the strategy. Both daily and weekly targets have been set internally as Anil Ambani gears up to take on Sunil Mittal.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/bus.../article/234512

dont worry...Bharati will has atleast 1 subscriber less and if I'm not wrong there will be atleast 4 subscribers less.... I stopped my Airtel connection today and witnessed a horrible scene at the relationship center...

Customers were being shoved out of the place like wild animals... Is this the way to behave? > :D

dont worry...Bharati will has atleast 1 subscriber less and if I'm not wrong there will be atleast 4 subscribers less.... I stopped my Airtel connection today and witnessed a horrible scene at the relationship center...

Customers were being shoved out of the place like wild animals... Is this the way to behave? > :(

what happ ??

u know what i think every customer care is best until u actully have problems with it !! do u think reliance CC is better or even hutch in that case :D

Well atleast HUTCH takes care of the customers. No probs with me since my 9 yrs of Happy connection with Hutch. Ya I can say IDEA is a bull****, they don't care like RIM

Customers were being shoved out of the place like wild animals... Is this the way to behave? > :(

what happ ??

u know what i think every customer care is best until u actully have problems with it !! do u think reliance CC is better or even hutch in that case :)

Well, I am a hutch user for past 1.5 years and I've had some problems with them but their CC is always ready to negotiate. I didn't have big problems with Airtel CC but they just aren't as good as Hutch CC. Airtel is a big ripoff. Hutch is a bit expensive, agreed, but they really give you your moneys worth.

Reliance comm claims record additions

Reliance Communications, a member of Reliance - Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group has registered highest growth in net subscriber addition over one year from September, 2005 to September, 2006, taking its total customer base to 26 million.

Reliance Communications thus has maintained a year on year growth of 187 per cent.

Interestingly, Reliance Communications has posted this growth in net addition of customers separately in both CDMA and GSM sectors as well.

As a CDMA service provider in 20 circles, Reliance Communications has added 9,82,000 in September, 2006, while it added 3,84,000 subscribers in corresponding period last year thus registering a year on year growth of 156 per cent.

Its GSM arm has recorded a phenomenal growth of 530 per cent in net addition of subscribers in 8 circles over one year during the period September 2005 to September 2006.

The company, as an integrated service provider including CDMA and GSM technology, has added 12,04,000 subscribers in September 2006, a rise of 187 per cent over the corresponding month in 2005.

According to the data provided by Association of Unified Service Providers of India (AUSPI) and Cellular Operators Association of India COAI), the monthly wireless net addition of Reliance Communications has grown by 7.8 lakh subscribers, which is the highest growth among national operators like BSNL, Bharti Airtel, Hutch.

Reliance Communication has added 11.1 million subscribers over the period between September 2005 and September, 2006.

Recently, it announced ‘Jeete India, Jeete Aap’ offer for its mobile subscribers.

Under this scheme, for every 50 runs scored by India or an opposition wicket taken, subscribers get Rs 5 talktime free and if Team India wins the match, a winning bonus of Rs 25 talktime is added to the already won talk time.

Going by the average, a Reliance user can get Rs 100 extra talktime per match that India plays.

http://www.business-standard.com/iceworld/...62625&tab=r

This is due to their lowest call rates and also their onnet packs. If you factor in these, then their ARPU may be the highest. No other operator is giving ONNET packs like Reliance does. And who is giving ALL India at 0.75 pm vis-a-vis NJ499 plan?

On another level, would you be ready to pay more to Reliance? Just to increase their ARPU? GSM cannot match Reliance in this area at least. Let us give credit where it is deserved.

Bharti Airtel has also started onnet pack.. airtel2airtel 0.15 rs./min.. so i think their ARPU will also fall very soon :D

CHeers!

i think some1 over here calculated the break even point

moral :- the plan ****z

What exactly is airtel's and hutch's Onnet pack details? Can anyone please elaborate on the rentals and free or subsidised onnet call charges? Is it available ALL INDIA?