Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
viper1974in

Mini Sd Card Password 6265

I recently bought a 1GB Sandisk Mini SD card for my Nokia 6265. Under Gallery, when you click on options for the memory card it has an option for Set Password. I tried setting the password and when I went back to the gallery the memory card does not show up. It also does not show up in a card reader that I use.

The memory card was working fine and I was also able to browse the contents before setting the password. There also does not seem to be an option to enter the password again to activate the card.

Has anyone else on the board tried this ?

I think you have not closed the SD Card slot properly. Coz, once I got the same problem. But when I closed it properly and switched off and then on, it started working properly.

I recently bought a 1GB Sandisk Mini SD card for my Nokia 6265. Under Gallery, when you click on options for the memory card it has an option for Set Password. I tried setting the password and when I went back to the gallery the memory card does not show up. It also does not show up in a card reader that I use.

The memory card was working fine and I was also able to browse the contents before setting the password. There also does not seem to be an option to enter the password again to activate the card.

Has anyone else on the board tried this ?

well i am sure u must be getting a message unformatted card when u see memory of the phone...

well there is nothing you can do or even it dont have any option...even i got in the same situation and i went back to the place where from i got this card so told everythin what has happened ...he used some kinds of instument like a small card reader with a small 9 volts battery attached and he just flashed it...then he told me that the only way to get back card working is formatting the card so i said fine at least i will get my card back...

so he just formatted my card using some software...i am sure there is some way doing it on our own by searching it on the internet but surely we would need that insturment.....

so i suggest you to locak vendor and tell him what has happened he will do the needfull....

he charged me Rs150/- but told me that as i m regular customer he is charging less but as this card is useless without it so he charges not less than Rs 300/- thus i got my card working again and dare i think of putting password again..

well i beleive 6265 dont support password, or if it do support must be supporting only nokia geniune cards...as u must have known all cards do not run in 6265 as may be some compatibility issue in CDMA/GSM

The card slot is closed properly and is not the problem.

Vikalp - the card does not show up anymore on the phone - the old 64Mb card shows up fine as I had not set a password on it. I have a memory card reader and unfortunately it does not even show up on the computer when I connect it.

I guess the only way is to have it flashed.

It is really ridiculous for Nokia to have an option to set a password which actually causes the card not to work.

Wondering if anyone has got this to work. If you have not - DO NOT TRY SETTING THE PASSWORD ON THE CARD - until there is a known solution for recovering it.

The card slot is closed properly and is not the problem.

Vikalp - the card does not show up anymore on the phone - the old 64Mb card shows up fine as I had not set a password on it. I have a memory card reader and unfortunately it does not even show up on the computer when I connect it.

I guess the only way is to have it flashed.

It is really ridiculous for Nokia to have an option to set a password which actually causes the card not to work.

Wondering if anyone has got this to work. If you have not - DO NOT TRY SETTING THE PASSWORD ON THE CARD - until there is a known solution for recovering it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well when u go to galery menu and inside it acess options... in this menu see "memory status" ....i am sure u will be seeing card as "unFormatterd" without any memory details if that is the case its just same as mine and thus get the card flashed and formatted....

remember nothing will access not no bluetooth, or can company reader or anyother mobile phone u just have to get it flashed by the shopkeeper who knows how to flash it properly....and data can not be saved in this option....and this is the only option availabe to get the card back into action....

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Anyone who has locked their memory cards with the password and are not able to access it can recover it without spending any money !!! Yes, you do not need to flash it with the device that Vikalp wrote about in the previous reply, though that will also work.

I put the mini sd card in a nokia E61 that I had. When I tried to access the card, it asked me for the password. I entered the password and then used the option to remove it from the card (Unlocked it).

It now works perfectly in the 6265.

Obviously now this seems to be a problem with the Nokia 6265 software which instead of asking you for the password to access the memory card, hides it !!!

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Anyone who has locked their memory cards with the password and are not able to access it can recover it without spending any money !!! Yes, you do not need to flash it with the device that Vikalp wrote about in the previous reply, though that will also work.

I put the mini sd card in a nokia E61 that I had. When I tried to access the card, it asked me for the password. I entered the password and then used the option to remove it from the card (Unlocked it).

It now works perfectly in the 6265.

Obviously now this seems to be a problem with the Nokia 6265 software which instead of asking you for the password to access the memory card, hides it !!!

hey thanks for sharing that ...but i guess we would have to find a compatible handset which can unlock the card and if we dont have any acess to other nokia mobile like in my case...i just found the answer to flash my card and get it formatted....anyways...its a thing which is nice to report to nokia so that in the next software upgrade they can have bugs fixed...also i would like all the members to report any bugs or any new stuff to all of us so that we all are aware.....

Someone please gimme a solution. I got the MiniSD and thought to keep it secure and tried this "SET PASSWORD" and the card is useless now... it does not work.

I am looking for the way to get the MiniSD working.. till then any of you if have any solution, please post it here.

Someone please gimme a solution. I got the MiniSD and thought to keep it secure and tried this "SET PASSWORD" and the card is useless now... it does not work.

I am looking for the way to get the MiniSD working.. till then any of you if have any solution, please post it here.

well i guess i have given the solution already :rofl_200:

well i guess i have given the solution already ;)

Hi! guys!

we have that password delete option in 6265 itself. if u delete the password ur card can be read in any reader. Bur still with the password on condition also i m able to read the data using phone as well as PC suite.

well i guess i have given the solution already :D

Hi! guys!

we have that password delete option in 6265 itself. if u delete the password ur card can be read in any reader. Bur still with the password on condition also i m able to read the data using phone as well as PC suite.

;) PLEASE can you explain.....

well i guess i have given the solution already :clap:

Hi! guys!

Yes, please explain...

Hey I tried deleting the password using N73 according to one of the posts I found in the NEt but no luck.

The problem is I never set the password in the first place.

In one post I read that the set password feature of 6265 also does not work... as in even if u set password it does not prompt password. But later when people forget the password wht they set... Suddenly out of the blue one day it starts prompting for password.

I am not sure if this is the case with me...

Please keep us posted if you find any solutions.

Vikalp please let me know if u find any other solutions

Is there any solution for MMC card. My MMC card have the same issue on my nokia 6255. How to recover the passowrd or unlock the mmc