Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
anoop_ds

Worried Users Of Nokia 6265

Hii Guyz!

I was also a Reliance Customer for more then 3 years in DAPO scheme but finally I have shifted to Hutch.

There are both benefits and disadvantages of shifting to Hutch.

Benefits

1)Excellent Customer Care

2)Good Tariff Plans

3)Most of the people I know have Hutch so cost benefit for calling the same network

4)Being in GSM no restriction on choice of handset

5)You can shift to any network you want anytime while keeping the same handset

6)Reliance is soon coming in GSM so you can expect cut in prices by Hutch and Airtel too

Disadvantages

1)Clarity in network is better with Reliance

2)Tariff Plans are a little cheaper in Reliance not much difference though

Also I have purchased Nokia N70 for Hutch so I would like to compare it with Nokia 6265.

1)Price for N70 is Rs.17000 and 6265 is Rs.15000

2)N70 is Series 60 phone and 6265 is Series 40 phone.

3)N70 has dual camera for video conferencing and 6265 has a single camera

4)N70 is 3G capable and 6265 is CDMA

5)In N70 you can store unlimited SMS depending on size of MMC(upto 1GB) and in 6265 you can only store upto 100 SMS

6)N70 comes with Nokia LifeBlog, Antivirus and Yahoo Go! whereas these are not available in 6265

7)N70 comes with BoxPacked DataCable and CD which is not provided in 6265

8)N70 is much more stylish in looks as compared to 6265

9)N70 has a much better battery back up then 6265

10)The only disadvantage of N70 is that it has a resolution of 176x208 whereas 6265 has a resolution of 240x320

So guys I have given my views on Hutch and Reliance and also Nokia N70 and 6265.

You are free to give your views on whatever I have posted.

Thanks

Abhishek Mukim

Hii Guyz!

I was also a Reliance Customer for more then 3 years in DAPO scheme but finally I have shifted to Hutch.

There are both benefits and disadvantages of shifting to Hutch.

Benefits

1)Excellent Customer Care

2)Good Tariff Plans

3)Most of the people I know have Hutch so cost benefit for calling the same network

4)Being in GSM no restriction on choice of handset

5)You can shift to any network you want anytime while keeping the same handset

6)Reliance is soon coming in GSM so you can expect cut in prices by Hutch and Airtel too

Disadvantages

1)Clarity in network is better with Reliance

2)Tariff Plans are a little cheaper in Reliance not much difference though

Also I have purchased Nokia N70 for Hutch so I would like to compare it with Nokia 6265.

1)Price for N70 is Rs.17000 and 6265 is Rs.15000

2)N70 is Series 60 phone and 6265 is Series 40 phone.

3)N70 has dual camera for video conferencing and 6265 has a single camera

4)N70 is 3G capable and 6265 is CDMA

5)In N70 you can store unlimited SMS depending on size of MMC(upto 1GB) and in 6265 you can only store upto 100 SMS

6)N70 comes with Nokia LifeBlog, Antivirus and Yahoo Go! whereas these are not available in 6265

7)N70 comes with BoxPacked DataCable and CD which is not provided in 6265

8)N70 is much more stylish in looks as compared to 6265

9)N70 has a much better battery back up then 6265

10)The only disadvantage of N70 is that it has a resolution of 176x208 whereas 6265 has a resolution of 240x320

So guys I have given my views on Hutch and Reliance and also Nokia N70 and 6265.

You are free to give your views on whatever I have posted.

Thanks

Abhishek Mukim

As you said I agree that Both have Pros and Cons....I would add my point of view...

1. Network is Fantastic according to me. Normally also and In emergencies this is one phone which has been of most use (Whether Is Monsoons or Train Blasts)...Though you need to try several times, but yes its gets connected.

2. Most of us dont use customer care very often, to be very frank whether Reliance or Hutch, if we are wise we would know more details then the CSE sitting there.

3. Plans are good in Hutch, however certain plans like Unlimited Onnet is something which is holding me onto Reliance else would have moved to GSM.

4. Have used Rworld extensively for Cricket Updates and News and other things when It was free...Almost for 2 Years it was free.

5. Other GSM companies discontinue some good plans and even existing customers have to migrate to new plans, but Reliance does keep the same scheme continued till the time Customer goes for a change. Some GSM plans are still continued though with existing customers.

6. Did any GSM user think of Incoming free ever before Reliance started its promotion some years back?? There was big chaos and all operators finally had to move to Incoming Free...else by now most of us would have opted for Reliance.

There are Many other benifits like Roaming on the own network and stuff but then I think Overall GSM roamin will gain 1 extra point as far as cross border roaming is concerened...

Other Side to Reliance

1. Have to think of Long term as you invest in the Handset which has Alomost Zero resale value unless you have good handset.

2. International Roaming -- No Comments...We all know about it.

3. Choice of Handsets is very very less compared to GSM

4. Need to use the features provided by Reliance on the Handset, They block many such features which are originaly there in the Phone.

5. Very Big Promoter of LG phones...You get best schemes with LG and not other phones...

6. Cannot get accessories easily, most of the things you have to buy from Reliance.

7. Slow in launching New Handsets. Many have migrated because of this.

and the list continues....

What makes me use reliance is just the Plan I have - DAPO + Original On net (Unlimited Rel - Rel calls free) and Unlimited Messages free all India...If they Stop this, Next day I will move to GSM...

Edited by Chirag Thakkar

What makes me use reliance is just the Plan I have - DAPO + Original On net (Unlimited Rel - Rel calls free) and Unlimited Messages free all India...If they Stop this, Next day I will move to GSM...

Chirag,

Hope you remember Reliance has stopped unlimited Rel-Rel (land phone) free calls in last year itself. Now they are providing it to Rel-Rel Mobile only. I am referring to the original On Net pack. I am also using that for two years.

Thanks

Anoop

Me too ... on exactly the same combo ...

RIM 2 RIM unltd mob calls free ... (thatz at just Rs. 75 more)

and DAPO ... so unltd messages :D

no wonder ... I'm still here with RIM :D

hehe !!

but hey ... a little look at the features in the pack ... I guess the 6265 needs a better pricing ... probably something closer to 9k ! yeah .... open up the thingy u'll understand why !

The entire board is Made in China, the slider technology has already recovered the development costs thro 6270/6280 (GSM 3G) so that cost is no longer in the liablity. The licensing costs for S40 is way lesser ... and well the body is not too stylish anyways... it looks a rough make !

cheers

ashok

Good analysis ashoksoft.

16K is really too high a price for 6265 when 6680 is available for the same price in GSM and n-series starts just above the 16K level.

I have used LG 2130 since more than two years. Being my first phone it is now in a drastic unpresentable condition. Problems with making and recieving calls and messages exists and I have been planning to change since forever.

I read through all the posts regarding Nokia 6265. My doubt is, whether I should spend 16K for this phone or take a cheaper phone (say Nokia 6235 or LG 6330)

OR may be move to GSM connection(for which I need to research about the tarrif plans for my high STD usage) with a much better handset(something from Nokia N series).

What would you suggest?

Try low end nokia handset dont invest that high in my opinion.For all fancy features take nokia 6235.

Man is that kind of species chaye kuch bhi ho jaye......no satisfaction........

thats y we all are satisfied but in real terms we think we can get something more than this soon....

Hi

I have been using LG 2130 since 2 yrs but I have purchased 6265 yesterday only...had i come to this forum earlier..i would not have purchased it.

The handset just doesnt justify its price tag of around 16K.

I was looking for doing some cool things which all my friends do on their handsets(even 6600) but i was really disappointed to know that this is based on 40 series and no applications/softwares are available for it :P

Had i been on GSM i would have got much more in 16k.

GSM operators now a days have better plans than reliance so cheap tariffs doesnot have any ground to stick to reliance. The only reason i decided to be with this was the number which i cannot change :clap:

I really feel cheated to pay around 6K extra coz the handset cost should be just around 9K

Puck off reliance and ADAG :GirandoOjos:

Edited by FlirtBoy

You should rather swear at Nokia for not developing a s60 phone for CDMA, and for pricing too. And please do not post the same message in more than one thread.

@Flirtboy: Nokia is a bit overpriced. Had you gone for GSM you would have got yourself 6270 which again is a series 40 phone with almost similar features.

Mods please move this post.

Edit: @tanveer: Post moved and edited a bit - Puneet

Edited by tanveer

I have been using Nokia 6265 for a month.

But really not what I was expecting for 8 months!!!

1) First and most important- Our Good old WAP is not working for weeks. :tongue:

2) Poor battery performance by a mobile in the near future. (Daily by 4 O' clock battery is exhausted)

3) On pressing the call key, it is only displaying the dialed numbers not showing received numbers and missed calls. It should also show the number of calls you made to that particular number (poor software design)

4) On changing the theme, Profile setting automatically changes. This is a serious bug in 6265.

5) In R-world, you cannot download the old phone book, which was uploaded from your old phone. This phone doesn’t support Phonebook download

6) Some features are missing in R-World (like Surf, Icons etc.)

7) USB Cable is not provided with the Phone- You have to buy a new one for about Rs.300/- (Cable CA-53)

8) Poor ear piece volume. If you are in heavy traffic, you can hardly hear any sound

9) Bluetooth feature - Browse other mobiles - is not available. This feature is available in Samsung GSM mobiles with same cost.

10) Media Player - You can't FF or Rew :)

11) User friendliness while sending a single message to multiple people is poor. Actually when you try this you will definitely feel the difficulty in sending. Or you may drop the idea of sending even a SMS :biggrin:

12) SMS Storage - you can only store 50 (approx) SMSs in your Nokia6265

13) Menu -> Settings -> Network feature setting -> ??? it is asking for a Feature Code – Nobody knows what is this feature code. (both RIM CC and Nokia CC)

If I had a choice, I will definitely sell this mobile and go for “vx 6600” as kshah told.

Thanks

Anoop

Changing Theme profile changes - This has nothing to do with the phone. It depends on how the theme is created

To Anoop

Setting Theme only Change the Ring TOne if the Theme have Inbulit Setting for Tone.

Re 1. WAP is working but Reliance WAP Proxy is too busy some time and can not handel many Request. No Fault of Hanfset

Re 2. Battery can work for 2 Days

Re 3. All Series 40 of Nokia have Same Software for Call Log Call Missed and Call Recived is Shown in Call Log Try to Set it on Quick Menu,

Re 4. Try to Edit Theme in Nokia S40 Theme Editor and Remove Tone Settings.

Re. 5 Downloading Works but what is the Use I use Nokia Suite to Back and Restore.

Re. 6 RSurf is Missing Becuase. Nokia is WAP Based and Why you need Java based Surfing. Install Opera 3 and Surf Buddy.

Re. 7 True

Re. 8 Earpeice is Decent and at Par with all Nokia and above Sony Ericssons Ear Piece.

Re 9. No Nokia Provide Browsing of Other Mobile is there in Motorola and Samsung Only.

Re 10. Media PLayer can FF and REV Just you have to Hold Key for 2 Seconds

Re. 11 True

Re 12. SMS Storage is 100 SMS

Re 13. Dont ever try to Get into That You may Loss the Services it only for Administratrors