Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
coolrajiv

Motorola Cdma Handset

Hi,

Does anybody know why reliance is not offering the Motorola V3 CDMA handset even though i read in the newspaper that motorola is negotiating with reliance but till today there is no motorola handset available in reliance even though Tata is offering Motorola handsets. I want to buy a a stylish handset which i think only Motorola makes i just wonder why reliance is not offering Motorola handsets ?

@coolrajiv

Dear Rajiv I think Motorola doesn't have any tie-up with Reliance so far.

Regards.

If u read the Tata Indicom MotoRazr V3c Advertisement carefully, u can notice the words - "MotoRazr V3C EXCLUSIVELY with tata indicom". Thats it.

Moto Razr CDMA is not as good as Moto Razr V3i. It does not support external memory card and it gives only about 30 mb of internal storage. I feel Nokia 6265 is better than Razr.

Moto Razr CDMA is not as good as Moto Razr V3i. It does not support external memory card and it gives only about 30 mb of internal storage. I feel Nokia 6265 is better than Razr.

Hi,

Its simple when it comes to style Motorola rules Nokia makes quality handsets not stylish ones

so east or west Motorola is the best in design.

However it is future ready as it supports 3G i.e. Evdo for surfing the net at speed as high as 2mbps.

But whts the point its still not avaliable on Reliance!!!

Similarly, in GSM, many nokia phones like 6680 are WCDMA enabled, even though there is no sign of 3G launch before 2008. So the point is: Don't ask what is the point. There are people who are ready to pay for any technology even if it cannot be used.

But whts the point its still not avaliable on Reliance!!!

Similarly, in GSM, many nokia phones like 6680 are WCDMA enabled, even though there is no sign of 3G launch before 2008. So the point is: Don't ask what is the point. There are people who are ready to pay for any technology even if it cannot be used.

Hi,

I just fail to understand why reliance is not offering Motorola handsets

or do they just want to make a lot of money by selling budget handsets

i guess they just believe in making money. I read on the internet

that Moto razr is the best selling handset of Motorola so i think if

reliance do launch Motorazr it will only benefit them.. :(

Hi,

I just fail to understand why reliance is not offering Motorola handsets or do they just want to make a lot of money by selling budget handsets i guess they just believe in making money. I read on the internet that Moto razr is the best selling handset of Motorola so i think if reliance do launch Motorazr it will only benefit them.. :(

Hi,

The fact is that Reliance knows very well that for increasing mobile density(RIM) in India you have to sell the phone to common people who earns 2000 to 3000 in a month. These people are not bothered about either Motorola or Nokia or LG. For them the cheapest one is the best. May be when they upgrade they may go for a high end handset. But by the time you already captured the market. Once you are in the net of Reliance it is not easy to get out. Therefore they are not bothered about these good or fancy handsets now. Their present mantra is to capture the market.

Regards

Hi,

...do they just want to make a lot of money by selling budget handsets

i guess they just believe in making money. ... :P

You are very much right...reliance just wants to make money...while airtel/hutch/idea etc are there for charity?

My dear, every businessman just wants to make money and thats it...maybe a few rare exceptions are there.

Anyway, the point mentioned by vijaykv is quite valid.

Hi,

I just fail to understand why reliance is not offering Motorola handsets or do they just want to make a lot of money by selling budget handsets i guess they just believe in making money. I read on the internet that Moto razr is the best selling handset of Motorola so i think if reliance do launch Motorazr it will only benefit them.. :P

Hi,

The fact is that Reliance knows very well that for increasing mobile density(RIM) in India you have to sell the phone to common people who earns 2000 to 3000 in a month. These people are not bothered about either Motorola or Nokia or LG. For them the cheapest one is the best. May be when they upgrade they may go for a high end handset. But by the time you already captured the market. Once you are in the net of Reliance it is not easy to get out. Therefore they are not bothered about these good or fancy handsets now. Their present mantra is to capture the market.

Regards

I will say that reliance is the only company who knows how to capture India market. They may be selling cheap phones, but as vijayji said, thats the way one can reach to mass. Class only never pays. Mass makes you safer, not class. Class always keeps you on toes.

Hi,

I just fail to understand why reliance is not offering Motorola handsets or do they just want to make a lot of money by selling budget handsets i guess they just believe in making money. I read on the internet that Moto razr is the best selling handset of Motorola so i think if reliance do launch Motorazr it will only benefit them.. :clap:

Hi,

Regards

I will say that reliance is the only company who knows how to capture India market. They may be selling cheap phones, but as vijayji said, thats the way one can reach to mass. Class only never pays. Mass makes you safer, not class. Class always keeps you on toes.

I do agree with what u r saying...but all i was trying to say is that reliance users r deprived of motorazr. When Tata indicom can provide Motorazr why reliance than cant do that?

Hi,

I just fail to understand why reliance is not offering Motorola handsets or do they just want to make a lot of money by selling budget handsets i guess they just believe in making money. I read on the internet that Moto razr is the best selling handset of Motorola so i think if reliance do launch Motorazr it will only benefit them.. :angry:

Hi,

Regards

I do agree with what u r saying...but all i was trying to say is that reliance users r deprived of motorazr. When Tata indicom can provide Motorazr why reliance than cant do that?

According to the Reliance Customer Care.. Motorola V3 is now available for 6900/- but where! dont know the availability and the location.

Edited by copperco2

i called up cc , but they have no info abt motorola

Now came across news that reliance and lg no more in tie-up, now LG will come open market same like nokia, also heard reliance will not be launching any handset which is non UIM based or OTA activations.

As we all know LG have made some good handsets which is UIM based, and MotoFLIP also on the rack which is AGAIN UIM based. Cdma MOTOPEBL is also announced months back.

I can sense that we got to get nice choice of handsets options whithin 3 to 5 mnths from now.

Sadly no nokia hi-end handset in making, I pray to all gods that they make 6638 before quitting CDMA handsets manufacturing.

Yes Sadik

as more and more Good Handsets are comming

Attraction and Facination Towards Reliance is Increasing

I had made some tour to some Places. and People were Watching me that i am Using PPC-6700, They Usulally As That Kinda Handset which looks alik Imate KJam or O2 Mini S type but some Differemt Figure. When I told this Works only on Reliance they too got Impressed that When Reliance had Started this type of service.

Hope more and more thnigs come-up fast in CDMA Handsets range

RUIM Based Handsets are always welcome by all users.

the trend is welcome. :GirandoOjos:

i guess then we dont need to tour the reliance website :Equivocado: for the latest handsets updates. :NOTriste:

you see it in the shop buy it and get a ruim from a dealer :( . this is the way to go..forward.. :GirandoOjos:

i guess then reliance logo is also done away with on the handsets.. :)

Hi All,

Reliance is not offering Motorola handset as they are asking for a high royalty which Reliance was not willing to pay.

Reliance is not Required to Pay any Royalti on Handset untill it is not sold under Combined Plan or Offer

All New Handset are COnfigured / Programmed for Reliance but is being sold Directly in Market to Customer.So no Cash Transaction is involvled

On thing Web World is also selling some handset which is also a Pure Selling Business.

Royalty is Issue Between Handset Manufacturer and Chipset Manufacturer (Qualcomm)

If you Buy Chipset from Qualcomm the ROyaly is minor. and If you Buy Chipset from other than Qualcomm, Qualcomm then only charges Royalties to Manufacturer which is very True in case for all Entry Level Handsets

Qualcomm Chipsets from MSM-5500 to MSM-7600 are sold with High Tag and Manufacturer have to pay minor Royalies. This Chipset is used in

PPC-6700, moto Q, imate KJam, O2 Atom, Samsung i730/i830 etc. (All uses Famous MSM6500 Chipset)

all ENtry Level Phones made uses Nothing from Qualcomm as Only Chipset MSM-6500 COsts more than Rs. 2500. All Entry level Phones are made of there own by using Qualcomm Patented CDMA Technology so they have to pay Royaties say about Rs. 200 or 5% of Equipement Which ever is Higher.

Issue of Royal is only for Entry Level Phone. Which Affect is Cost for 5%. It is not at all the Issue for Higher End phone from Rs 6000 Onwards.

The Royalty issue is also unwantedly hyped by reliance.

Edited by hpnasik

May be the royalty issue is being pushed as a defence/ excuse to get into GSM. :GirandoOjos:

which again they are planning to get into and otherwise again excuse from paying whatever royalty :grin: is payable after making up the issue for increased profits. :Confuso:

if i am not wrong then India is the biggest CDMa market in the world..guys am i right. :)

Reliance is not Required to Pay any Royalti on Handset untill it is not sold under Combined Plan or Offer

All New Handset are COnfigured / Programmed for Reliance but is being sold Directly in Market to Customer.So no Cash Transaction is involvled

On thing Web World is also selling some handset which is also a Pure Selling Business.

Royalty is Issue Between Handset Manufacturer and Chipset Manufacturer (Qualcomm)

If you Buy Chipset from Qualcomm the ROyaly is minor. and If you Buy Chipset from other than Qualcomm, Qualcomm then only charges Royalties to Manufacturer which is very True in case for all Entry Level Handsets

Qualcomm Chipsets from MSM-5500 to MSM-7600 are sold with High Tag and Manufacturer have to pay minor Royalies. This Chipset is used in

PPC-6700, moto Q, imate KJam, O2 Atom, Samsung i730/i830 etc. (All uses Famous MSM6500 Chipset)

all ENtry Level Phones made uses Nothing from Qualcomm as Only Chipset MSM-6500 COsts more than Rs. 2500. All Entry level Phones are made of there own by using Qualcomm Patented CDMA Technology so they have to pay Royaties say about Rs. 200 or 5% of Equipement Which ever is Higher.

Issue of Royal is only for Entry Level Phone. Which Affect is Cost for 5%. It is not at all the Issue for Higher End phone from Rs 6000 Onwards.

The Royalty issue is also unwantedly hyped by reliance.

If i consider that royalty issue is hyped by reliance, still questions remain why they charging only 2% royalty in china, and nil in USA.

although reliance is the largest CDMA service provider in the world.

i think all issue some how related to nokia, i dont accept that nokia cant win cdma handset market as they have spent hugely in R&D of CDMA.

the biggest GSM market for nokias is india and china. and both providing CDMA also. so why cant they make good high-end/value for money handsets in cdma??

Verizon (Number 1 in World)

Verizon Wireless provides unparalleled customer service to 49.3 million voice and data customers

Sprint (Number 2 in World)

Serving more than 44 million subscribers,

Reliance (Number 3 in World)

Serving more than 30 million subscribers,

Major Verizon/ Sprint Handset is Imported from Koria / China

and Varizon have very good Relation with CDG / Qualcomm is this company is Ideal Company in their eye. Major Royalty is waived for Any Handset Made for Verizon / Sprint (This is a Belief of the World)

Who knows what happens between Verizon and Qualcomm

Edited by hpnasik

okay.. we are number three but still its not a small number by any measure. :clap:

these days you can even see auto drivers going for high end models in GSM, these are second hand but still... :NOTriste: i dont intend to judge anybody (post big brother), :Riendo:

but the biggest market for handsets after new high end handsets is the second hand high end handsets with discounts of atleast 30% of MRP... i think this is a lucrative market to enter into. :clap:

with RUIM paused to enter .. already there..in a big way and t sim already there.. :clap:

thers no holding back.. :Decepcionado: