Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
GSV13

Stv Launched In Bsnl Prepaid

THE BHARAT Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) continues to come out with new offers at regular intervals to broaden its customer base. Even while it has announced that it will be introducing the closed-user group (CUG) facility among eight northern states for its post-paid subscribers from January 2007, there may be a bigger surprise ahead for its pre-paid customers!

The BSNL is likely to announce free calls during night for its pre-paid subscribers and some other offers after December 15.

As per the scheme, still to be firmed up, the BSNL may make all calls, made between 11 pm and 6 am, free! “The pre-paid subscribers will not be charged a single penny for calls made by them during these ‘happy hours’. if the scheme is finalised,” said a senior BSNL official.

Besides, the BSNL is also launching a balance-based incentive scheme for the pre-paid subscribers. Under this, the subscribers will be charged lower-call tariff, provided they maintained a certain balance in their account.

As for the post-paid customers, the BSNL has made all preparations to launch the virtual private network (VPN) service at the zonal level from January, 2007. Under the service, the post-paid subscribers in 8 states of the Northern zone will be able to talk among themselves free-of cost by creating CUGs.

The eight Northern zone states, which will be interconnected through VPN are- UP (East), UP (West), Uttaranchal, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, J&K and Himachal Pradesh.

The service will especially be useful for government departments and the corporate sector with their presence in more than one Northern States.

Subscribers who have relatives in these states will also be benefited if they create CUGs among themselves. The whole idea of having a CUG is based on something like a hotline where the cost is low and connection is virtually immediate. At present, the CUG facility is available only within the circle.

Source: Hindustan Times

Where is this price war gonna end can't say !!

Edited by GSV13

if bsnl will come up with these scheme ; our very own ada wud def. come up with better schemes.

price war would benefit us only .

^^^

You all my dear friends are 100% right. Consumer will definetely get benefitted by it.

And I think MTNL will follow the suite.

Regards.

Edited by Honest

why do you want the price war to end??? are you mad! :P its going to help the consumer!! :D

First read carefully be4 replying! <_<

I am not saying it should end! I am just asking what would be the bottom price? As i have seen cell companies crying abt rock bottom tariffs & lowest margin compared to other countries and still they are playing with tariff!

Ofcourse i am also enjoying this! :clap:

Edited by GSV13

guys i wd hv to buy 1 bsnl if this happens...my relatives r in punjab...and me in jpr...my std bill almost 1000 rs/month

guys i wd hv to buy 1 bsnl if this happens...my relatives r in punjab...and me in jpr...my std bill almost 1000 rs/month

any idea about this plan

prices are going down thats good but what about quality, even that is going down, soon we will have traffic congestion, calls will be free but we wont be able to talk

^^^

@hritik123

My dear friend, you are right at your point of quality service. But what I think is that BSNL already providing good services at the moment. And they will surely going to increase their capacity also.

Regards.

BSNL's new year bonanza

N WHAT is being planned as New Year and X-mas bonanza, State owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) is all set to announce various sops for its post paid and prepaid mobile phone subscribers in the UP (East) circle. While the schemes seek to broaden the subscriber base, most of them will be available to the existing subscribers as well.

BSNL will provide Rs 100 and Rs 150 extra free talk value per month on the plan 325 and plan 525, respectively, in addition to the one available normally. This facility will be available for six months only with effect from January 1, for both new and existing postpaid subscribers. Besides, those seeking a new postpaid connection with local or STD facility will be charged only 50 per cent of the security deposit.

For close user group (CUG) customers under plan 325, the VPN charges will be waived off irrespective of group size. While under plan 225 VPN charges will be waived off only when the group size is of 26 and above. In case of the group size being below 26, only Rs 25 will be waived off.

Likewise, for new prepaid SIMs (Rs 100), the initial total value of Rs 30 and activation charges will now be allowed only on first recharge with promotion offers for a month. Thus, additional talk value of Rs 100 plus initial Rs 30 on first recharge plus additional validity of 15 days and an additional talk time of Rs 50 on second recharge will be allowed to the subscriber. This is in addition to normal talk value and talk time already available.

BSNL has ensured that the existing prepaid customers also get something additional. So they will have extra talk value on recharge of various denominations. For example, Rs 300 and Rs 500 recharge coupons will give full talk value to their users. While Rs 2000, Rs 3000 and Rs 5000 vouchers will bring an extra talk time worth Rs 500, Rs 750 and Rs 2500, respectively.

t will also be introducing special tariff vouchers worth Rs 84, Rs 140 and Rs 281 for new and existing prepaid subscribers. One who recharges with a tariff voucher of Rs 84 will be charged only 30 paise per minute from a BSNL mobile to BSNL mobile call and 50 paise in case of other networks. The Rs 140 tariff voucher will make it possible to make call either to a mobile or to a landline phone at 75 paise per minute and 50 paise per minute on a call made to the networks other than the BSNL.

The most lucrative and innovative is the tariff voucher of Rs 281. A recharge with this voucher will enable one to make any number of calls free of cost, within the circle between 11.30 pm and 6 am.

A senior BSNL official said that the organisation was especially worried about the existing postpaid customers who, he said, felt they were getting costlier services. “The base of the existing postpaid customers is shrinking and various schemes launched so far have been of little help,” he said, further adding, “That is why we have decided to provide additional free calls to them.”

Source : HT

Edited by GSV13

^^^

Yes my dear Linuxguy surely MTNL too will bring the similar offer for its customers in Mumbai and Delhi. Because as soon as BSNL introduces any scheme or offer, than MTNL surely follow the suite.

Regards.

^^^

Yes my dear Linuxguy surely MTNL too will bring the similar offer for its customers in Mumbai and Delhi. Because as soon as BSNL introduces any scheme or offer, than MTNL surely follow the suite.

Regards.

no it doesn't !! MTNL still doesn't have a unlimited broadband scheme for mumbai :NOTriste::Contento:

^^^

Regards.

Nopes. There are several offers in BSNL ( Broadband and Cellular services ) which are not available in Mumbai! :NOTriste: Infact there are a lot of offers with MTNL Delhi which are not available with MTNL Mumbai :Contento:

^^^

@abhay & linuxguy

It might be possible my dear friends that some of the offers are not available with MTNL. But in many cases, may be I can say in 80 to 85% cases, both the operators (BSNL & MTNL) provides similar offers to their customers.

Regards.