Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mr.shaileshpatel

Change Handset

:winko:

Helllo...........!

Currently I am using LG 2690 Hand set if I want change it then wat is the procedure??

My current balance and validity can continue wi newone handset or not ?

wat is the chargies for it give me detail..?

Plz..........

:(

Edited by mr.shaileshpatel

You just need to use a "Handset Change Card" (HCC).

AFAIK, your a/c as it is will be transferred to the other handset, along with balance and all.

When I last heard of it, the cost of a HCC was Rs. 22/-

I'd suggest you go for a RUIM activated handset to avoid this HCC nonsense...

^^^

If you have any promotional balance in your account, you will lose all that.

If the promo balance is insignificant, then go ahead and change handsets. If you want the promo balance also, then you cannot change handsets unless of course you are willing to let it go.

You have to decide which you want - new handset or promo balance.

Mind you, the old balance and validity will remain unaffected by this change of handsets.

Right. I forgot about the promo balance thingy.

One more reason why its way better to have a RUIM enabled handset!

But even with a RUIM enabled handset, the promo balance will go away if you change the handset, if I am not wrong. AFAIK, The promo balance is loaded onto the handset and not to the RUIM.

How can anything be loaded on the handset? All the account records are kept on Reliance's server... and the cusomer's identification, etc is done thru the info on the RUIM card. So there is no justification for these wierd rules!

Anyway, Im not sure if promo bal will vanish if a RUIM is used to swap handsets, so wont comment on that. However, if it is so, then this will be another serious drawback of choosing CDMA/Reliance. Because on GSM, I know that you can use even handset bundle offer SIMs, etc., on other GSM phones.

I have personally used a UIM card with promo bal with another handset and the bal was still there. no deduction.

I have personally used a UIM card with promo bal with another handset and the bal was still there. no deduction.

R UIM card stuff is different..

But if ur number is provisioned in handset.. then I think there are some specific conditions that u cannot change the handset for 3-6 months... :grin:

if promotional balance is there then on non ruim handset then it may not continue on changing set .

so when you visit ww/wwe

1. tell them your lg 2690 lost and they retain your number in new set and out lg 2690 in lost .

2. after 24-48 hours you can visit again and get your lg2690 status to found as simply found it ..lol

this way your all promotions , valididy , tt will get fwd to new set .

:GirandoOjos:

Well thnx for reply... to all of U.

But,

Now I am :confuse: coz wat i have to do to change hand set ..

If i want to change my cell LG 2690 to Any Color FM handset then wat would be charge and docs. require by RIM

And my handset has more then 1000 rs. promo bal. and 1 yr + validity. It will be contd. or other validity and balance is available there .

can you refer me any better handset for me which is color and FM or only color

thnx

Edited by mr.shaileshpatel

Go for LG 3000 if you want only colour or LG 3470 / 3100 if you want both. Dont ever try out Classic, it may be cheap but its terrible. AFAIK, your promo. bal will go away on changing the h/s if you follow what others have said. But follow as supernova has advised, it may work.

yup, i garee to supernova..., but make sure to make a police complaint. you will require a copy if you say it was lost... infact i think, you will have to report it stolen.

otherwise there wont be any chance of ww/wwe taking the matter seriously.

and after as supernova suggested you can report it to be 'found'. so that if at all it has been locked then that wil be taken care of.

Go for LG 3000 if you want only colour or LG 3470 / 3100 if you want both. Dont ever try out Classic, it may be cheap but its terrible. AFAIK, your promo. bal will go away on changing the h/s if you follow what others have said. But follow as supernova has advised, it may work.

Thanks kumar

I have purchased my LG 2690 from surendranagar(gujarat) and here's webworld says we have not any handset yet which we reffer you [ LG3470 / 3100 ] so can i change it from Ahmedabad(guj)

if yes

then what will documents I have to submit there and other procedure to complition there.