Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sunny1974

Wm 6 On Ppc 6700

guys get ready for this .. helmi os launching wm 6 for our phones today.. people are going crazy over that..check this out.. :Contento::Sorprendido: .. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6017

hetal get ur ppc back now.. need sum software wizardry from you.. :rofl_200::Riendo: ..

lets see how it comes out and how sumone can add reliances customisations n extended rom on it..

hetal do u think simply adding ur extended rom file to it will work ? like it does now.. or the whole this has to be rewritten again.. for wm6.. hetal hope u get ur ppc back for a few days for this new release.. :GirandoOjos:

Again i have to Open my Garage for Development in Night

Haha

Everybuddy on RimWeb again get ready for Indian Reliance Flavor of WM6

Haha

yayyyy thats the spirit man..

ab sota hua rakshash fir se jaga.. :Sorprendido:

go man go.. waiting for u to crack on this. hetal....

you rock.. :rofl_200:

ok here it is.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671.. enjoy.. i ll try to install it later.. the link for the reliance version is there in the page.. helmi has prob done a good job thanks to hetal..

hetal tried it yet? do tell us whats going on.. :Contento:

Haha

:Contento:

Again i have to Borrow 6700 from my Friend and He is out of Town

???

Any way I already have Given Reliance Setting to Helmi at the time of Releasing AKU 3.5 1.0.4 and He have done a good Job to Float Reliance Version, give a try to that untill i release India Customised FLavor

Again i have to Borrow 6700 from my Friend and He is out of Town

???

Any way I already have Given Reliance Setting to Helmi at the time of Releasing AKU 3.5 1.0.4 and He have done a good Job to Float Reliance Version, give a try to that untill i release India Customised FLavor

Hetal,

Buddy we are eagerly waiting for your Indianized version of this AKU. I am all living on your provided ROM. You simply rocks.

hi guys,

i am downloading it as i type and let us see what helmi has in store for us now. However, recently i was using the jeff kirvin clean and simple and it is by far the fastest rom i have ever used on this ppc. you should try it out. Also for all the people wanting to cook their own customised roms, search for oemizer in www.ppcgeeks.com .

will report once the rom is downloaded and flashed.

Amit

^_^ installed and used for 5 hours..

initially felt slow on the 1st screen .. but a soft reset and opening applications for the 1st time ..seemed to make them very fast... no doubt its faster than the previous 3.5 f. but a few unfinished minor issure are still there which will prob get resoved soon.

like the keyboard opens halfway up the screen .. for no reason..

and the x button dissapears in bet.. but on clicking it in settings restores it.. it def works faster.. but apart from that seems similar to the older roms.. unles hetal adds sum magical touch to it.. :Contento: .. waiting for ur version hetal..

and k shah smart dialing seems to be working well? onlythe buttons arnt there in between..liek call history n so.. but they do come in the menu.. i think it needs a better dialer..

but it seems good n stable..

green signal for downloaders.. but i think u can wait for hetal to tweak it..

OMG .!!!!!!! WM 6 on my phone .! this is a dream come true .! dam .! Just cant wait to see it .!!!!!

hundred thanks to people like helmi and hetal & all others ....

screenshots please

folks,.... i have just upgraded to WM 6 !!! dam it .!! its really great .. the most different things are the skin and the speed ...

havent yet checked other programs .. as new office n all

and the only bug, i have experienced is when .. the qwert-keyboard is opened, the today screen doesnt get a scroll bar , i.e. you cannot access the bottom items on today screen wen its opened ..

else evrything is perfect ...

edit: spb launcher too not working

Edited by sutarianiral

i installed it yesterday and no doubts it looks good. However for me it was not stable. After installing some softwares like MSVC it worked good for some time and after that it crashed. Second time round also the same story. I have reverted back to the jeff kirvin rom for the timebeing. Will try again when it is revised or if hetal comes up with a new version after Helmi releases the kitchen.

Amit

for me Wi-Fi too not working ..it tries to connect.. and then shows messege "Warning. cannot connect to the network. check your network and service provider settings and try again."

:-(

To me it does not appear any faster than AKU 3.5 also smart dialing is not working. So I revert back to AKU 3.5. Theme is good but my preference was towards simple theme. Black color is prefered coz it is easily readable in bright light.

I downloaded and installed it.

Issues

1. SPB functions not working fine.

2. Miss the tabbed shortcuts that were there in Hetals roms

3. Pressing buttons using stylus does not result in any sounds.

Hey, i have installed all the softwares and everything which i was previously using...

no issues/crashes till now ..

so the only bugs are spb and wi-fi for me ..else ROM is perfect ! especially the themes that Helmi provided are great !

so waiting for Hetalbhai now ... for a ROM without even that bugs..

To me it does not appear any faster than AKU 3.5 also smart dialing is not working. So I revert back to AKU 3.5. Theme is good but my preference was towards simple theme. Black color is prefered coz it is easily readable in bright light.

kshah i think smart dialing works ok in this rom.. but i think the problems are usualy asociated with pim coz u prob back up using that. a couple of soft resets takes care of that. pim restores the previous calls in the dialer and that probably cozes the issues..

and one very important thing.. which cozes most issues in the wm6.. u dont have to allow the extended rom to install.. as it is part of the main rom only and already installed when u install it. so when it boots 1st time u have to immediatly hit soft reset before it says 3-2-1 and hetal s extended rom installing..

because that rom is already installed.. so many people r having issues when it is installed 2 times.. and its been specifically mentioned not to do this in the forum.. as it writes the registry entries at different places or 2 times which causes the issues..

still havnt tried wifi. but i hope ur wifi working isnt because of sum setting issues..

microsoft voice command working till now.. tried calls.. reseted too.. phones..

i m sure all these bugs wil be sorted out soon..

i think it hasnt instaled spb shell in this version.. so we need to wait for sum kitchen till sumone gets more stable dialers.

***microsoft voice command working till now.. tried calls.. reseted too.. phones.. no problems with it.. reassign the button to the internet explorer button works better with it..

the other thing in wm6 is that one closing a program the task manager shuts it down.. which makes sure u dont load to many applications and thus dont hang often..

Edited by sunny1974

I let it installed hetal's ROM in the begining ...at first start up..

but i dont see any issues for that ? what are the probable things to happen ?

yes, even i dont see any problems.

forgot to mention that it does not have transcriber as input method

eventhough i have installed Helmi rom..and it works nicely..

but i am eagerly awaiting for our HETAL rom..

hello hetal..kindly speed up the process..

thanks.. :Decepcionado:

Does WM6 has windows live meeting support?

okay i finally got it going on my phone...

my impressions...

1. sluggish as compared to the previous roms we have been using.

2. looks better... htc home plugin is like expected... i guess thats what is making it slow IMHO

3. smartdial works for once without giving the popup for the city... thank god for that

4. yet to try wi-fi but rconnect works like a breeze

5. i feel the rom could have been lighter... two calcs... two explorers... two browsers...

6. have to see how long this goes on without a reboot...

7. Infrared has issues both on the communication mgr as well as on the computer it tends to associate with...

will keep updating...

Edited by Dj

i have used wifi and it was working fine.

I had speed issues though those i believe were due to the network rather than anything else.

u using a secured or unsecured wifi... i guess issues pertaining to secured network are still unanswered... i find the alert volume pretty low too... not the call ringer volume but the alert volume... wonder why it be so... cant seem to see it being addressed on ppcgeeks either...