Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cmahendra

Mobile Internet, Edge+gprs Is Much More Faster Than Cdma

1 k byte is 8 k bit (So 20 KBPS is 160 kbps) not 10

GPRS gives 80 kbps. (Burst)

Read more here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gprs

WOW Thanks for your valuable information. You people are really GURUS :Riendo:

Just in case you forgot....we are talking about EDGE here (multi-channel gprs) and not the basic GPRS (single channel). Anyways in my last post I clearly mentioned (Kbyte/sec) and (Kbits/sec) to avoid confusion.

Edited by cmahendra

No I dont think I am guru, but I know what I am talking about and try not to misguide people. EDGE (As implemented by Airtel as per their own document) do not gives more than 100kbps. Where as this tread is about claim of 247 kbps.

You may be also interested to know that that all speed mentioned are always burst speed, not constant speed.

You may be interested in knowing this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Data...r_GSM_Evolution

Read this for maximum number of slots given to user

http://airtel.in/level2_t3data.aspx?path=1/106/179

If this can convince you from airtel document that it gives max 100kbps speed.

RIMweb has good track record of helping each other and providing honest and true information. Not spreading rumors which are based on perception and most rimweb lovers who think neutrally will agree to my statement that "GPRS / EGPRS can not be As fast as CDMA 1X and even in 3G EVDO is superior than GSM WCDMA"

post-842-1209453347_thumb.jpg

Edited by kshah

Link toy you first post, incase you have forgotten what you posted

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=10509#

I recently surveyed thru all the possible options available for Mobile Internet and I am here with following results.

1) I have been using CDMA mobile internet to surf on my LAPTOP and I was getting upto 144kbps (reliance says) internet connection till last month. I stopped using it as I never got 144kbps as they claimed but was paying heavy charges and kept changing around all the plans available on CDMA mobiles. I have not used TATA INDICOM CDMA connection but as the technology and most handsets are similar I am assuming that TATA's CDMA also will not go above 144kbps, as they also claim same on thier website.

2) Now I am on EDGE+GPRS Mobile Internet connection. Read more to know why. I found EDGE+GPRS much more faster than CDMA internet because, TRUST ME, I got pure 247kbps Mobile Internet speed which is much more faster and most important is STABLE than CDMA. It does not disconnects until you try to disconnect it on your own. For proof that EDGE GIVES 247 kbps visit this AIRTEL page on USB EDGE MODEM and look for a line "EDGE 247 kbps high-speed data performance" ON ..... http://www.airtelworld.com/level2_t3data.aspx?path=1/106/179

^^^^

I ditto that statement from all the research I have done specially - "GPRS / EGPRS can not be As fast as CDMA 1X and even in 3G EVDO is superior than GSM WCDMA" Thats why in US market share of GSM is reducing...

and you know why - Number Portability

Let NP come to India and then see the competition...

Edited by dkaile

I have been using Airtel unlimited GPRS for my laptop.. I am getting a decent speed of 120 Kbps and downloads of 20 kbps... but I heard some people told they are using bluetooth to connect to phone modem..how ?

I am using cable which I got for my mobile... please somebody help my out how can I use my phone to connect to my laptop without using cord.. thanks in advance

Sreedhar Siliveri

Chennai :-)

If you really get 20 kbyte/sec while downloading, then your EDGE is perfectly working at 200kbits/sec and this is normal (and good) speed in major cities. Rural areas do not have EDGE but still you get around 100 Kbits/sec which is equal to Reliance CDMA.

The ease of using Internet in PC via GPRS depends on which model of Handset you are using. Symbian and Windows mobiles are best in using GPRS Internet on pc. Its better you visit Reliance Gallery at least once for basic information on connecting pc to Phone for GPRS/CDMA internet. Anyways its not too hard.

But hey beware of next generation kids >>>> my 10 year old kid could install ActiveSync 4.5 for XP and then connected my Window mobile to his own seperate pc and download camera images without anyones help. He can install / uninstall CAB files (installation setup files). And yes he can also connect his pc with my O2 Atom Life with USB and browses internet occassionaly. He knows where that INTERNET SHARING option on O2. He is just 10 but he is bored of Highest-graphics 3D Games and asked me to install Macromedia Flash and Photoshop few months before and already have good hands in both, like outlining, special effects and FX pluggins. Hey dudes...This is all personal but please dont mind, I could not stop myself as I am toooo proud of my kid :)

wonderful. but is the SMS free or charged?

Mine is a AirTel Lifetime Prepaid card and there is no free SMS package available at the moment for Lifetime Sim Cardholders. SMS does not have any connection with EDGE/GPRS service in Airtel. In Airtel, SMS are charged at standard costs all over India like Rs.1 for local and 2 for National and Rs.5 for international.

C Mahendra

i want to say a final word....egprs ****s...its no where near to cdma 1x

Suviraj,...

Yes, you are correct. I agree with u.. egprs is nowhere near to cdma... eGPRS is much advanced to CDMA...

Sreedhar Siliveri

Chennai

Suviraj,...

Yes, you are correct. I agree with u.. egprs is nowhere near to cdma... eGPRS is much advanced to CDMA...

Sreedhar Siliveri

Chennai

HI Sreedhar Siliveri

I am also from chennai can u let me know where you are in CHennai and are u actually experiencing EGprs max speed of 247 KBps or somewhere close to the 200 KBPs. I am having the reliance card in chennai ,velacherry where i get usually 130-150 kbps, and also Edge enabled phone nokia 6233 which gave a download speed of average of 5 KB which comes to 40 kbps. If i go for more better sets say nokia N series will i get more speed????

@cmahendra

HI i have messaged u long back can u reply to my query please?? Here in chennai if i enquired to the airtel people, they are saying EDGE gives a max speed of 90 kbps (bits :) ).. HEre also EDGE is enabled in the tower and all the towers are becoming edge compatible sooner than later > IF i test the speed with any better say EGSM phone N72 will i get more speed? Becoz i am thinking of switching over to the N series form 6600

and 6233 which i tested is my friends mobile

Edited by kragu

No I dont think I am guru, but I know what I am talking about and try not to misguide people. EDGE (As implemented by Airtel as per their own document) do not gives more than 100kbps. Where as this tread is about claim of 247 kbps.

You may be also interested to know that that all speed mentioned are always burst speed, not constant speed.

You may be interested in knowing this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Data...r_GSM_Evolution

Read this for maximum number of slots given to user

http://airtel.in/level2_t3data.aspx?path=1/106/179

If this can convince you from airtel document that it gives max 100kbps speed.

RIMweb has good track record of helping each other and providing honest and true information. Not spreading rumors which are based on perception and most rimweb lovers who think neutrally will agree to my statement that "GPRS / EGPRS can not be As fast as CDMA 1X and even in 3G EVDO is superior than GSM WCDMA"

Hi yes i agree to your post Even when i contacted the airtel care in chennai they gave me the information that there will be a max speed of 90 Kbps.. But in mumbai it is a different case of people enjoying stable 247 kbps and a stable downlaod speed of 20-21 KBytes

I have been using Airtel unlimited GPRS for my laptop.. I am getting a decent speed of 120 Kbps and downloads of 20 kbps... but I heard some people told they are using bluetooth to connect to phone modem..how ?

I am using cable which I got for my mobile... please somebody help my out how can I use my phone to connect to my laptop without using cord.. thanks in advance

Sreedhar Siliveri

Chennai :-)

If you really get 20 kbyte/sec while downloading, then your EDGE is perfectly working at 200kbits/sec and this is normal (and good) speed in major cities. Rural areas do not have EDGE but still you get around 100 Kbits/sec which is equal to Reliance CDMA.

The ease of using Internet in PC via GPRS depends on which model of Handset you are using. Symbian and Windows mobiles are best in using GPRS Internet on pc. Its better you visit Reliance Gallery at least once for basic information on connecting pc to Phone for GPRS/CDMA internet. Anyways its not too hard.

But hey beware of next generation kids >>>> my 10 year old kid could install ActiveSync 4.5 for XP and then connected my Window mobile to his own seperate pc and download camera images without anyones help. He can install / uninstall CAB files (installation setup files). And yes he can also connect his pc with my O2 Atom Life with USB and browses internet occassionaly. He knows where that INTERNET SHARING option on O2. He is just 10 but he is bored of Highest-graphics 3D Games and asked me to install Macromedia Flash and Photoshop few months before and already have good hands in both, like outlining, special effects and FX pluggins. Hey dudes...This is all personal but please dont mind, I could not stop myself as I am toooo proud of my kid :)

wonderful. but is the SMS free or charged?

Mine is a AirTel Lifetime Prepaid card and there is no free SMS package available at the moment for Lifetime Sim Cardholders. SMS does not have any connection with EDGE/GPRS service in Airtel. In Airtel, SMS are charged at standard costs all over India like Rs.1 for local and 2 for National and Rs.5 for international.

C Mahendra

i want to say a final word....egprs ****s...its no where near to cdma 1x

@Cmahendra

Hello I want to add one more query I have reliance CDMA and the GPRS can we get them both combined to get max speed?

HI Raghu,

I am staying near to Nelson Manikam road in Chennai. I have been using this Aritel corporate Unlimited GPRS for last 5 months and enjoying thouroughly... initially I had some problems in downloading , but after installing "download manager" it is giving a speed of 25 kbps and browsing speed of 200+ kbps. which are quite impressive. I am connecting to my laptop through my Samsung P310 mobile ( EDGE enabled ).

Earlier I used TATA indicom for nearly 1.2 years but had worst experience. was giving download max to 14, and seemingly browsing speed of 230 but not in real.

recenly even Vodafone has also come to our company and started offering unlimited GPRS for only 200 bucks but GPRS ****s... my friends are not even capable of browsing .. Please don't go for Vodafone... coverage is poor and GPRS is worst.

I suggest Airtel ... Airtel is rocking...

Sreedhar

Hello I want to add one more query I have reliance CDMA and the GPRS can we get them both combined to get max speed?

^^^

@Kragu

My dear friend, how can you combine CDMA and GPRS. Both are different technologies. No question of combining them at all.

Regards.

HI Raghu,

I am staying near to Nelson Manikam road in Chennai. I have been using this Aritel corporate Unlimited GPRS for last 5 months and enjoying thouroughly... initially I had some problems in downloading , but after installing "download manager" it is giving a speed of 25 kbps and browsing speed of 200+ kbps. which are quite impressive. I am connecting to my laptop through my Samsung P310 mobile ( EDGE enabled ).

Earlier I used TATA indicom for nearly 1.2 years but had worst experience. was giving download max to 14, and seemingly browsing speed of 230 but not in real.

recenly even Vodafone has also come to our company and started offering unlimited GPRS for only 200 bucks but GPRS ****s... my friends are not even capable of browsing .. Please don't go for Vodafone... coverage is poor and GPRS is worst.

Sreedhar

HI sreedar,

Thanks for the message. The Corporate Airtel GPRS What is this offer and what is the rent? Could you give me the details? I am also in a corporate . May be i will enquire about the cost to the people of airtel

Then as i am in velacherry may be the speed is little slow . Download speed is average of 5 kBps and browsing speed not that good. You are using the same sim used for your calls? Or u are using seperate sim for this purpose? Please let me know the details

You can give your cell number(if preferred by you ( :) ) i prefer to call you now for further details?

hi all Egprs fans......you people are taking about 247 kbps is a max burst.. your modem is connected to the computer with 247 kbps and its not the actual through put you get in real world conditions and let me remindyou my dear friend we in rimweb are not tecnology bais we respect every technology that is good for human being and its our effort to find the best technology available for people ,,we would appreciate if members dont spread rumours like combing two dirfferent tech to get max speed and last but not the least we dont represent any service provider here in rimweb..

Edited by suvirajshetty

True, suviraj, unfortunately there are rimwebians, who are highly egoistic or closed minded who do not want to change their false statement and there by spreading false information.

True, suviraj, unfortunately there are rimwebians, who are highly egoistic or closed minded who do not want to change their false statement and there by spreading false information.

Hi

Anyway THe Rim datacard CDMA 1x gives a max speed of only 14-15 KBPS while using bittoreents and average speed of 10-12 KBPS while downloading from a server even though it is a CDMA . While EGprs gives more than that

Edited by kragu

14 KBPS = 112 kbps

10 KBPS = 80 kbps

I dont think it can give more than that.

At times there may be speed differences across the technologies but in no case neither of technologies can reach 247 kbps. That is connection speed between two devices.

14 KBPS = 112 kbps

10 KBPS = 80 kbps

I dont think it can give more than that.

At times there may be speed differences across the technologies but in no case neither of technologies can reach 247 kbps. That is connection speed between two devices.

How do u guys get 14KBPS OR 10KBPS

the maximum i get thru my datacard using IDM is 6KBPS

Can u ppl help me in increasing my download speeds

Thruput in wireless depends on many things like your distance from tower, speed at which ME is travelling, type of softwares deployed on back end etc. Also IDM are nowadays not optimized for dial up connections, so you infact get lesser speed.

o.k

Is there a place where I can check my details like my account usage,The amount of time i spent,and the bill payments etc..?

I am having a reliance connection, and im planning to buy mogul... the main purpose for me buying mogul is to experience true internet speeds at lower costs... could anyone suggest me which would be the best plan in reliance for netconnect (which i will be using in the mogul itself like browsing, downloading files and torrents, etc) which would give me 'always-on' type of connection (i.e. if i want to be logged in the msn chat client, or gtalk, etc.) and also the rental shouldn't be heavy on my pockets??

It would really be a nice experience to work on the mogul, after getting to know great experiences from arun, ashok and others..!! I await my mogul..!! :)

Cheers!!

HI Raghu,

Sreedhar

hi Sreedhar

Please let me know the rental for the unlimited GPRS is it less than 500?? And 200 kBPS is it really coming at all times. Since i used here in velcherry and found that i got only 40 kbps with a edge enabled phojne nokia 6233

Hey guys,

I m using my five yr old Samsung SCH-A563 in prepaid connection.( In delhi)

I am using Rconnect from this cell, It is giving me abt 15-18 kbps downloading speed.

And it gives a msg "Connected 234 kbps" while connecting.

Usually I do my most of the work in office and rest of the from this cell. :GirandoOjos:

After reading so many reviews i found its speed is not so bad in comparison to data cards.

Edited by akshmail

^^^

My dear friend, you seems to be lucky if you are getting such a good speed through your Samsung SCH-A563. Subscribers hardly get this kind of speed through their handsets.

Enjoy !

^^^

My dear friend, you seems to be lucky if you are getting such a good speed through your Samsung SCH-A563. Subscribers hardly get this kind of speed through their handsets.

Enjoy !

Yes, :Contento:

I cannt say abt surfing spped whether it is 234 or not but i m using IDM and it is giving download speed of 15-18 kbps which i can c.

As per my experience, samsung 191 and 563 gives best speed. Thats the reason I still have one 191 which is used solely for data.