Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravjeet

Ruim Conversion For Ppc 6800

@ Ravjeet

sorry to say.. but the extended battery cover makes the mobile ugly.. it gives a feel of old generation 6700.

Please try to find another way to use original back panel itself.....

do not mind but before posting such comments please put in your time and money for such r&d you will know how diffcult it is.

i do not feel it looks ugly as the cover matches very well.

@ Ravjeet

sorry to say.. but the extended battery cover makes the mobile ugly.. it gives a feel of old generation 6700.

ravjeet, I am also planning to do the same thing for my 6800

But I was not able to find a website who is offering only ext battery cover.

How did u get it? Did u buy both Ext battery and cover ?

i have bought with the battery as no seller selles only cover.

ishop-express is the most reasonable on ebay and will ship to india

ravjeet, I am also planning to do the same thing for my 6800

But I was not able to find a website who is offering only ext battery cover.

How did u get it? Did u buy both Ext battery and cover ?

@ Ravjeet

In this topic, all the posts that you have made are asking for someone to sell you a PPC 6800 and nothing else that helps to modify the PPC.

Why don't you procure a PPC 6800 and design it yourself to make it look like a new generation 6700 instead of asking someone else to spoon-feed you? Be happy with what you get for free, else try to do something on your own instead of sitting and cribbing about what others are sharing.

@ Ravjeet

In this topic, all the posts that you have made are asking for someone to sell you a PPC 6800 and nothing else that helps to modify the PPC.

Why don't you procure a PPC 6800 and design it yourself to make it look like a new generation 6700 instead of asking someone else to spoon-feed you? Be happy with what you get for free, else try to do something on your own instead of sitting and cribbing about what others are sharing.

@ Nirvana...I didnt say in that means... I just give a suggestion.. the people who makes all these 6700 and 6800 work with RUIM, they all are intelligent people....and I also give honour to them.. and I didnt mean that what they did is wrong or nothing like that....

For that one doesnt need to go through all my entire post and read what i have written and complaint...

I gave only suggestion means my suggestion... considering him as my friend.. I gave its nothing like its bad or not......

@ Ravjeet.. If my comments hurt u... I am really sorry.... I say the suggestion considering u as my friend..

@ Nirvana Also Hetal bhai has came out with another solution.. so no problem in trying to that also.. and Like to remind u one more thing...

as Hetal bhai told "Here we are to Help, Cooperate and do things which can be helpfull to everybody."

Edited by harismahesh

@admins,

How come rakesh9k's post #51 is pointing to a future dated post? He has posted post #51 on 18.03.2008 and is referring to a post started on 20.03.08????

see: http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=12432

maybe the admins/mods have given the above link. Because if rakesh9k had modified his post # 51, it would show on the original post # 51.

@KumaarShah:

Yes, I had edited it earlier.

hi friends. Newbie here, hope you could help me a bit. If I want to convert my PPC6800 to RUIM, will it only work using radio version 1.4 like instructed in the first page ? or I could use the latest radio version that has the GPS activated (ver 3.35) ? Thanks guys... :)

I guess any Radio ROM will do - as long as RUIM if available is enabled in QPST :D

hi,

try it with the latest rom and radio as i have not tried it because when i converted mine the new radio was not available.

if it works post it on rimweb.

hi friends. Newbie here, hope you could help me a bit. If I want to convert my PPC6800 to RUIM, will it only work using radio version 1.4 like instructed in the first page ? or I could use the latest radio version that has the GPS activated (ver 3.35) ? Thanks guys... :)

Great Job!

Will this work with any carrier once the RUIM is active with sim card socket installed? Can one toggle between the CDMA provider and the SIM card one?

^^^^

Once RUIM is active you can use with any CDMA Carrier & No you can't toggle between CDMA provider and SIM Card one. Because they are 2 different technologies - CDMA and GSM, and the handsets are not inter-operable.

Anybody can help ?

I'm having a hard time searching the SIM connector as in pictured. It has crossed connector if my eyes serves me correctly. Anybody know where I can buy this from a website that sell this stuff ? Oh yeah, I don't live in India :(

Anybody can help ?

I'm having a hard time searching the SIM connector as in pictured. It has crossed connector if my eyes serves me correctly. Anybody know where I can buy this from a website that sell this stuff ? Oh yeah, I don't live in India :(

Anybody please ?

If any one is willing to build battery, I wiil suggest to go to www.batteryspace.com

Something similar to this

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?Page...amp;ProdID=4242

Choose right size of LION or LIPO cell, use circuit recovered from original battery and build your own. It will be cheaper.

If any one wants my help to make cover from FRP or if any one is wanting me to make cover from molded plastics (I can make molds cheaper), then people who has bought 6800 or willing to buy in near future, pool say 3000-5000 bucks, I can make mold for you and cover then may not cost even Rs. 10.

One can think of making special battery housing too.

kalpak , I dont know why you are playing so dumb in this topic, as you have already converted 6800 to reliance with no extended back cover and even the battery is working fine. So why dont you accept that Y CAN DO IT as u have already did it. I see 5 pages had been spent on this topic site :confuse::confuse::confuse:

kalpak , I dont know why you are playing so dumb in this topic, as you have already converted 6800 to reliance with no extended back cover and even the battery is working fine. So why dont you accept that Y CAN DO IT as u have already did it. I see 5 pages had been spent on this topic site :confuse::confuse::confuse:

^^^

@Ashok

Cool buddy cool.

Kalpak is a very senior member here on Rimweb. You can't thrash such kinds of words on anyone. You only can give suggestions on this neat and clean forum but can't order any one to do this or that.

We have noticed that above is your very first post on the forum. By posting harsh words for co-members you will only loose your reputation on the forum.

So in the near future, please respect your co-members and be friendly with everyone on the forum. It will be good for your reputation on the forum.

Always remember, "FIRST IMPRESSION IS THE LAST IMPRESSION".

Regards.

^^^

@Ashok

Cool buddy cool.

Kalpak is a very senior member here on Rimweb. You can't thrash such kinds of words on anyone. You only can give suggestions on this neat and clean forum but can't order any one to do this or that.

We have noticed that above is your very first post on the forum. By posting harsh words for co-members you will only loose your reputation on the forum.

So in the near future, please respect your co-members and be friendly with everyone on the forum. It will be good for your reputation on the forum.

Always remember, "FIRST IMPRESSION IS THE LAST IMPRESSION".

Regards.

Well first of all i was not at all ordering kalpak for any thing, i know he is much much senior and also much experienced in this world , all i was saying that i know that he can easily make mogul work on reliance, so whole in whole i was rather asking him that he should comeup and say that he can and had been sucsessful in doing it, as i was seeing lots of people were desperate for help.

any ways it i sounded as trashing , I DEEPLY FEEL SORRY FOR THAT and i personaly say sorry to kalpak. but still my point was to ask him to comeup and say that he can help. :NOTriste:

any ways it i sounded as trashing , I DEEPLY FEEL SORRY FOR THAT and i personaly say sorry to kalpak. but still my point was to ask him to comeup and say that he can help.

^^^

@Ashok

Thats the spirit my dear friend, we really appreciate your efforts to feel that. And you are always welcome at the forum for any kind of help you want from co-members.

Actually not only senior members but also the junior / newest member too deserve the respect from the fellow members.

This maintains the strength of the forum too.

Regards.

Hi,

I'm newbie here, using radio 3.42.50 and DCD's ROM, how can I get into the QPST config.

I can only find EPST setting, no option seen for RUIM.

Thanks in advance

Procedure to convert ppc6800 to ruim .

8) in qpst change config to ruim if available can be done with cdma workshop free version also.

Phone is ready for reliance service use

@LEE

QPST is desktop computer software which was connect with data cable from pc to PPC

@LEE

QPST is desktop computer software which was connect with data cable from pc to PPC

Many thanks. Got it working and converted. No SIM socket used, but just direct soldering fine cable

cables from SIM to phone motherboard so that I can fit the battery in and phone looks like ESN.

Any idea, if I can do that too with HTC DIAMOND? Thanks again.

Procedure to convert ppc6800 to ruim .

1)remove back cover (4 screws) remove the thin sheet metal plate stuck on the pcb.

2) will see six points on the pcb .

3) solder sim tray on these points see direction of ruim card photo att . Remember we require the sim tray as per pin config att

4)solder jumpers as per photo att

5)cut the sheet metal sheet as to accommodate the sim tray.

6)as we have put the sim tray the original battery will not fit find extended battery cover and use it with standard battery .

7)upgrade radio to 1.47.01 .might have to unlock the pda to upgrade radio . Procedure can be found on net as titan unlocker.

8) in qpst change config to ruim if available can be done with cdma workshop free version also.

Phone is ready for reliance service use

where can i buy this connector