Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Communications Cuts Internet Data Cards Rate By 13%

6 Mar, 2008, 2018 hrs IST

Press Trust of India

Following a custom duty cut on wireless data cards in the Budget, telecom major Reliance Communications today slashed the prices of its internet data cards by over 13 per cent.

Reliance Netconnect PCMCIA Data Card and Reliance Netconnect USB Modem Data Card would now be available for Rs 2,590 and Rs 2,490, down from existing Rs 2,990 and Rs 2,850 respectively.

RCom, which has over 10 million internet-enabled data cards, said the move is in line with the constant endeavour of the company to offer the best class, affordable voice and data connectivity to the consumers.

"The new pricing would make Reliance Netconnect internet services more affordable for the masses, leading to faster penetration and growth and result in further consolidating our leadership in this fast growing segment," RCom President (Personal Business) S P Shukla said in a statement.

The company is targeting 30 per cent penetration of Reliance Netconnect wireless internet data cards in the fast growing laptop user base and a 10 per cent penetration in the current base of over 25 million desktop PC's in India.

The laptop user base in India currently stands at 3 million and is consistently growing at a pace of over 80 per cent annually, while the desktop PC market is experiencing a growth rate of around 20 per cent.

I wish TATA will reply back strongly

I'm sure they will. Lets wait and watch.

Expected this to happen .. just that it happened so fast after the Budget thats good for the consumers.

^^^

Normally after every Budget, the ED rate cuts or increases take effect immediately - ie from 1st March itself. All other taxes whether IT or ST or any other taxes, the effect is from the announced date.

^^^

Thats a great news my dear friends. TATA will definetely follow the suite.

Although only 13% cut in data card rates not seems to be enough but again I will say that "Something is better than nothing".

In the end, the subscriber will only get the benefit.

Cheers !

i hope they also launch an EVDO data card soon with wireless broadband just like BSNL.

If CDMA Phone can be baught under 999 why the Hell These Companies looting Poor Subscribers.

^^ Exactly. These date cards are still over-priced.

^^^

Agreed. The data card's rates must be reduced to less than 1.5K.

The technology is the same as in all CDMA phones. Then why the hell these operators are looting innocent subscribers ?

Regards.

^^^

RCOM is giving a 1 GB pendrive, while TATA is giving a 2GB Transcend pendrive free. RCOM is giving the 1st 2 months unltd free, while TATA - no idea. This RCOM offer is in TN, not sure about ROI.

^^^

RCOM is giving a 1 GB pendrive, while TATA is giving a 2GB Transcend pendrive free. RCOM is giving the 1st 2 months unltd free, while TATA - no idea. This RCOM offer is in TN, not sure about ROI.

yeah RCOM is offering 1st 2 months unlimited free usage in Calcutta too.

^^^

My dear friends, I think the first 2 months of unlimited usage offered by Reliance is for all circles. Its their in Mumbai also.

Regards.

^^^

RCOM

1 GB pen drive

2 months unlimited worth Rs.3000

TATA

2 GB pen drive

Rs.2499 worth internet usage free

Choose the one which you want since economically not much difference.

for rcom i gb pen drive scheme is over .

for rcom i gb pen drive scheme is over .

^^^

@amit

Then my dear Amit, is their any new scheme from Rcom for the same. ?

Regards.

currently only the price drop data card scheme going on .

I bought a reliance net connect once and my mother lost her sleep for 2 months. Every other day they will call my mother and say " We will put you son in Jail if you dont pay whatever bill we send." All their promises before you subscribe are mere cheatings.

They take custome voice form promising to change the plan and forget about it the moment you leave their office.

The executives are trained in how to cheat customers. Their Service Assuarance cell knows only one thing "Escalate Issues".

Even though, they admit their mistake, they will not clear it.

They dont care about Common Sense, Laws or any guidelines.

whatever they do, you will have to pay the bills whether write or wrong.

so beware,buy reliance phone only if no other option exist

i got amessage 4rm reliance that start ur data card with 99 gsk and get unlimited doownload for a month ....can some body explain this ....can i use it for surfin on my phone thsnks

thats only with new prepaid data card with one month ... dont go in for that if u are moderate user . u would be in a fix after one month . prepaid data cards not much schemes n plan options as in postpaid