Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Htc Mogul Ppc 6800 & Htc Mogul Touch Ppc 6900! Cons, Prons, Issues, Reviews, Etc.!

IF ONE IS USING LATEST ROM (GPS ENABLE) FOR 6800 FIRST YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE HTC_CM_GUARDIAN IN WINDOW DIRECTORY WITH A DUMMY HTC_CM _GUARDIAN FILE ONLY THEN YOU CAN CONFIGURE REL MOBILEWORLS (HETAL EX ROM) AS DEFAULT .

OVER WRITING THE FILE CAN ONLY BE DONE THROUGH RESCO EXPLORER 2007.

DUMMY FILE = MAKE A BLANK FILE WITH THE SAME NAME AND EXT .

hi ravjeet sorry for the cuestion but how do u create de dummy file? does it has to be .exe caun u explaime how to? thanks

IF ONE IS USING LATEST ROM (GPS ENABLE) FOR 6800 FIRST YOU WILL HAVE TO REPLACE HTC_CM_GUARDIAN IN WINDOW DIRECTORY WITH A DUMMY HTC_CM _GUARDIAN FILE ONLY THEN YOU CAN CONFIGURE REL MOBILEWORLS (HETAL EX ROM) AS DEFAULT .

OVER WRITING THE FILE CAN ONLY BE DONE THROUGH RESCO EXPLORER 2007.

DUMMY FILE = MAKE A BLANK FILE WITH THE SAME NAME AND EXT .

me again can u share the file that u use? the dummy keatonmat@hotmail.com

how can i use activesync with bluetooth with my HTC touch.

When ever i try to connect by bluetooth it says device not gound or service not found.

please help

hey guys some issues with TOUCH - i hope some one has a solution for this....

1) the quick dial picture is very blur - the picture quality on my pc is very good...

2) voice privacy - when on call u see that voice privacy is OFF - how can we switch it on

3) speaker phone - when on speaker phone - there is a slight back ground sound.. which makes the conversation little disturbed

^^^^

For voice privacy - there is setting in settings-phone. But I suggest you keep it off otherwise your call receivers will hear a echo sound.

For Contact Pictures - try taking the pictures from the phones camera and use them, there may be resolution incompatibility problem from other sources.

Your speaker phone problem is very unique, AFAIK the speaker phone of Touch is better than the Mogul.

Edited by dkaile

as for me..... other than less RAM there is no other such issues.... never felt sound is less :Decepcionado::Decepcionado:

Has anyone been able to connect to wifi on Mogul. My wifi shows 'connecting' but never connects.

I am using the original Sprint ROM as described in the procedure by Arun. I am facing the following issues:

1. Net Connect on the Mogul does not stay connected for more than 1 minute

2. Not able to connect to R World. I am using Hetal's extended ROM

3. When I use Wifi, the phone still dials the R Connect. Is there any way to override dial-up when we use wifi?

4. How to connect to Net Connect through cable and Mogul. My laptop does not detect the phone as a modem

5. How to connect to Net Connect through Bluetooth.

Please :help:

use hetal g rom u have been able to connect net. but before use g rom u can install sprint new version rom which hetal allready give in this topic

I am using the original Sprint ROM as described in the procedure by Arun. I am facing the following issues:

1. Net Connect on the Mogul does not stay connected for more than 1 minute

2. Not able to connect to R World. I am using Hetal's extended ROM

3. When I use Wifi, the phone still dials the R Connect. Is there any way to override dial-up when we use wifi?

4. How to connect to Net Connect through cable and Mogul. My laptop does not detect the phone as a modem

5. How to connect to Net Connect through Bluetooth.

Please :help:

Rajat, since you are using both HTC 6800 & 6900, please let us know what is your feedback on the features.

I'm a new member and don't have complete details regarding the features.

Please help i'm planning to take either of these.

@gadgetgirl

what features r u looking for ...go thru reviews of both phone swhich r available on net ....

then ask ur specific questions

@gadgetgirl

Well, I had asked for both the handsets from Sadikk, but after seeing Mogul, I had returned 6900 mainly because it did not have Wi-Fi. Now if that ius not a major problem for you then go ahead with it as it is lighter and more compact than Mogul 6800 and also has double the Ram, so is faster.... But I have been using Mogul now for nearly a year and absolutely love this handset, though it is slightly bulky (which is in, nowadays thanks to iphone) due to its full sliging qwerty keyboard and is fully loaded...

So the final choice boils down to your usage pattern....

does push mail work on 6900 ?

Yes push mail works on both 6800 and 6900...

Also since I have used both mogul and htc touch lemme tell u one thing if u are a frequent texting person then typing messages or mails on htc touch virtual keyboard is a pain (even if u use third party keyboard still typing would b too slow )...though it is compact as compared to mogul ...also speed of both the phones is more or less the same ...only thing is u might b able to load more apps in ram at a time in htc touch than mogul

In my case I had sold off my htc touch after just two weeks of usage ....

U can go through ur priorities first and then decide accordingly