Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

Htc Mogul Ppc 6800 & Htc Mogul Touch Ppc 6900! Cons, Prons, Issues, Reviews, Etc.!

anyone able to make the GPS work like real GPS with new rom. ??

Check out my post mate :) Find your way using the HTC P 6800 :)

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?showtopic=13024

cheers

karki

Hi, i have Sprint HTC TOUCH up on reliance.

I am not able to connect to internet on my phone. it always give username password error, even after deleteing all connections and making a new one.

Also please tell me how can i surf the net using WAP and not netconnect?

My rom version is 1.12.651.1 and My Radio version is 2.13.00

how can i update it for getting GPS?

How can i send group sms?

thanks

go to QPST and Select M.IP Tab and Make IP Behaviour to SImple IP instead of M.IP this will solve your Problem

Hi, i have Sprint HTC TOUCH up on reliance.

I am not able to connect to internet on my phone. it always give username password error, even after deleteing all connections and making a new one.

Also please tell me how can i surf the net using WAP and not netconnect?

My rom version is 1.12.651.1 and My Radio version is 2.13.00

how can i update it for getting GPS?

How can i send group sms?

thanks

go to QPST and Select M.IP Tab and Make IP Behaviour to SImple IP instead of M.IP this will solve your Problem

thanks HETAL will try it. what about GPS?

please reply to my pm sent to u.

All people are just posting the problems they are facing with the phones,but unfortunately none has so far posted any detailed review of either of the phones.good reviews will help many in deciding whether or not to go for those phones.even i am sitting on the fence,waiting for reviews from people like hetal.

hi i purchased htc 6800 mogul & tata new sim (white colour). my problem is in old blue sim working in htc mogul and when i put new white clour sim its not working. So please tell me how to solve my problem. where is 14 Digit Activation Number now in new sim? Only 15 Digit Activation Number is coming now.

Thank you.

Edited by Honest
<< Topic Merged >>

hi i purchased htc 6800 mogul & tata new sim (white colour). my problem is in old blue sim working in htc mogul and when i put new white clour sim its not working. So please tell me how to solve my problem. where is 14 Digit Activation Number now in new sim? Only 15 Digit Activation Number is coming now.

Thank you.

My br new RUIM from tata are not using ESN. They may have pesn / GSM like implementation (I forgot what it is called). If Tata RUIM are acdepted by GSM handsets as it is for international roaming, then I think they are implemented differently like GSM and it may not be accepted in all phones.

TATA uses MEID and pESN and some Handset dont accept pESN for Networks

In TATA Best thing is Retaind MDN Process or Transfer the Number using ICC (Insta Change Card)

everthing is work if u download this ROM Nex_3.35_no2_SPCS_SPB_FIXED2 at www.ppcgreek.com

everthing is work if u download this ROM Nex_3.35_no2_SPCS_SPB_FIXED2 at www.ppcgreek.com

rakesh,

is it for tata or reliance? touch or mogul??

furhter, is it possible to downgrade rom after updating?

@csmart,

U still facing problem with internet. did u check out OMJ's wm6.1v8 rom. and inserting userid and password as mentioned by ashok. Yes u can change ROMs but will not advise you to change Radio to 3.XX as it still is risky for downgrading later on. Hope u r having fun with ur new toy. :-)

@Hetalbhai,

Any chance of routing #777 connections on Touch thru wap proxy servers?? PPC 6700 still manages that but Touch IE refuses to connect. Any new ROM with Reliance flavour?? current using OMJ 6.1V8 with 2.13 radio. Has slight issue some times gives notification errors of Replog and Calnot cannot be executed. dont know what difference it makes.

Thanks

Sanjay

Voice quality of files played by wM player is very low in case of S720. Is the same in case of 6800?

Is there any way to increase sound.

Any idea whether the 8GB San Disk micro sd card works on the Mogul?? Would like to pick one up, its Rs.2900 in Cochin but I'm not sure if the Mogul supports it.

Any info about its compatibility or any other card variant/ capacity would be welcome.

Thanks

^^^

I can give u in 2800/- MiscroSD Sandisk, with 5 years warranty.

It works smooth with MOgul and TOUCH both. (TESTED)

I can give u in 2800/- MiscroSD Sandisk, with 5 years warranty.

It works smooth with MOgul and TOUCH both. (TESTED)

is it good to have such high cap sd card? is phone capable to handle it? wont it hang the phone??

pls reply...

There is also another issue regarding the HTC Touch which has been mentioned on the xda site, though I haven't got a confirmation on it from any users here as yet. It seems the mem cards on the Touch have a tendency to get corrupted very quickly and the data becomes unreadable. Seems it can only be fixed by formatting the card, which, I think is a waste of time. It seems to be a HTC bug, though nothing about this issue has been mentioned on the ppcgeeks forum. I've messaged a few guys using the Touch on that forum, lets see what their replies are.

And a very big thank you to Ashok & Sadik who I've been bugging incessantly these past few days to help me decide between the Mogul and Touch. You guys rock!!! :)

Edited by Anupe

^^^^

So which one are you going for Anupe - Moghul or Touch. I am going in for the bulkier Moghul only because of Wi-Fi.

^^^^

So which one are you going for Anupe - Moghul or Touch. I am going in for the bulkier Moghul only because of Wi-Fi.

I'm going for the Touch, boss. What swung it in the Touch's favour for me was the extra 64MB RAM. I've been doing a lot of reading up on the xda, ppcgeeks forums as well, and there's been a huge set of Mogul users who switched to the Touch simply because of memory management issues. Hardly noticed anybody switching from the Touch to a Mogul though.

I'm also not a power user when it comes to emails and stuff on a mobile phone, my main requirements are for talking on it, the occasional Net access, and it should look absolutely cool when its running or in my hands lol

I also had a chat up with Ashok and Sadik and after I put my phone requirements to the two nice guys, I finally plonked for the Touch. I'm not much of a sms guy, so the keyboard was not very important to me. Just as you'd mentioned, my initial interest in the Mogul was for the wi-fi. But when I weighed out the prospects of running a really jazzy looking Touch filled to the brim with apps and no memory issues whatsover, I sacrificed on the wi-fi part. I'd rather have snob value over wi-fi ;)

Nothing better than to have a few colleagues gape at a Touch in my hands, running on the Trox iphone theme hehe

Have you seen that theme, its uber cool!

Anyways, most of the time I'm in a wi-fi hotspot, I have my psp or laptop to log onto it :)

And the final clincher, GPS is activated on Touch as well... so that swung the deal finally in its favour .

^^^^

I also really loved the Touch and would have gone for it blind-folded else for wi-fi. I dont care much about the keyboard also as I was already having a 6700 and I hardly used the keyboard in that because I developed a good speed with the on screen key board for SMSing etc.

However dont go by the reviews at PPCgeeks etc. Why? Because they have EVDO as standard all over the US and they are using EVDO for broadband internet and not wi-fi. So wi-fi does not make much of a difference to the guys in US. However it does to us if we have to keep our data bills low (as Reliance is going to fleece us to the ends of our skin - kyonki sarkar unki muthhi mein)

As far as Snob value goes, Touch is already introduced in India since last 1 year in GSM (and that has wi-fi too) and people have seen it. But no ones seen the Moghul here. All iphone themes and GPS works on Moghul too. And BTW I never used GPS on my Nokia E90 till date (quite impractical).

Well finally its a personal choice and I think you have made a good one but I am sticking with the Moghul...

@csmart : I've tested a 32GB SDHC (test release) on my Mogul ... no complaints. So don't see any reason for 8GB to slow down things.. anyway sadik can answer that question clearly :)

Csmart

Its really amazing, i never ever used memory card with such a speed, on phone or pc.

I loved it the first time i used it.

Reader is very cool, i use it in my friends car to play music, they were amazed. it looks soo cool and cute.

Check www.wakeupyourphone.com for more details.

sandisk-8gb-microsdhc-memory-card.jpg

thanx guys for yr feedback on sd card..

i m planning for 4gb.. 8 is expensive as of now.....

sadik,

can u tell how used in car... just 4 curiosity.....

^^^^

It is used in car via a USB Input/SD Card Input enabled Stereos which are quite common nowadays.

i have htc 6800 mogul winxp installed in my pc but im not able to sync with my pc (active sync 4.5) so how to sync my contact to outlook please help me and in my simcard lots of number so in this phone no sim manager how ill take number to my phone please help me waiting reply my rom version 3.35.651.2,radio version 3.35.04

If planning to get Sandisk then get Ultra 2 8GB or more micro SDHC. The performance is really good.