Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sabu

Htc Touch Sprint

if i get a HTC touch (sprint) from the us can i use it here???

Nope, unless you program it to work it with Reliance. TATA Indicom may work if they allow you to register its E*N in their database.

Nope, unless you program it to work it with Reliance. TATA Indicom may work if they allow you to register its E*N in their database.

Hi, thanks I called up a friend in indicom and he told me as long as the nam can be programmed it should work....

In Reliance there is a long procedure to get it worked..

Thats risky too as Reliance dun accept Foreign ESNs so US handsets have to be make comp. to Reliance Network by doing R&D.

Hello, is there any person who can help me out regarding HTC Touch <Sprint>.

1. Is it available in India or will have to find a foriegn source ? What would be the price if it is available in India ?

2. Can it be use with Tata-Indicom ? If yes then what are the settings need to be done on set to use it fully featured.

3. What will happen to it's applications made for Sprint network (eg, Sprint TV, Software store, etc)

4. What is EVDO, will this technology work on Indian network ?

5. How about the Network/call clearity in weak signals ?

It seems I'm writing to HTC help desk with lots of questions, but I think there are lots of friends who love to share there knowledge

b.reg

Sanjeev

Hello Sanjeev,

1) HTC Touch (Sprint) is not available in India, u will have to source it from the US

2) As our frined Sabu has mentioned in the earlier post, if the nam settings could be changed, it could be made used in the Indicom label. There are many friends in this forum who would be ready to help the 'CDMA warriers'.. just search the forums

3) They will not work here

4) EVDO is a faster means of data/voice transfer, in short better speeds. It is just like an improved version of CDMA1x. For example, in GSM technology, EDGE is a superior than GPRS, etc. At present, the Indian scenario does not allow EVDO standards

5) Network Dependent

I have entered all the details that I know. Hope it solves your purpose...

cheers..!!! :)

@sanjeev

No you dont have to source it from US. Our inhouse friend Sadik has imported them from US and we all are using them on both reliance as well as Tata. You can contact him to get a handset for yourself (approx. 17K). Once you contact him he will let you know all other details.

In Reliance there is a long procedure to get it worked..

Thats risky too as Reliance dun accept Foreign ESNs so US handsets have to be make comp. to Reliance Network by doing R&D.

Hello, is there any person who can help me out regarding HTC Touch <Sprint>.

1. Is it available in India or will have to find a foriegn source ? What would be the price if it is available in India ?

2. Can it be use with Tata-Indicom ? If yes then what are the settings need to be done on set to use it fully featured.

3. What will happen to it's applications made for Sprint network (eg, Sprint TV, Software store, etc)

4. What is EVDO, will this technology work on Indian network ?

5. How about the Network/call clearity in weak signals ?

It seems I'm writing to HTC help desk with lots of questions, but I think there are lots of friends who love to share there knowledge

b.reg

Sanjeev

One solution - Call me :D

Yep, No need to import and take risks of importing.

Get it from Sadik Shaikh he may provide you handset.

He is getting it in stock within 5-6 days.

Dear All, thanx a lot for giving your time on the same topic,

Sadik, I was trying your no., so can you give me a call once you got time.

breg,

Sanjeev Sharma

9212037257 (Delhi)

Hi All, can someone give me a brief about WM, in terms of like we use a PC which has HDD and normally we install the OS onto it and whenever your OS got corrupted we can format the HDD and can reinstall the OS again.

In terms of Windows mobile, does it uses ROM space for the OS or is there any other space for OS installation ?

In case we are using WM6 and it got corrupted then can we reinstall the WM6 again ?

What is SPB shell, is it a Keyboad software for WM ?

If we are using HTC Touch <Sprint> with Tata services then can we use GPS or A-GPS on this mobile ?

thanx in advance for sparing your time.

breg,

S@N

@sanjeev

- In WM, the operating system is saved on the internal ROM. So whenever it gets too corrupted you can do hard reset (layman for - reinstall OS again) and voila your operating system is back.

- But your data will get lost like contacts, SMS, etc. which you can always backup to Outlook and SMS etc. through a program called PIM Backup (other options are also available for backup) and you can restore all this data after a hard reset. So, yes we can reinstall WM6 again. (We are in fact running on 6.1)

-SPB shell is just a program to give better visual appeal to your WM and has lots of utilities also.

-Yes you can use GPS with both Tata and Reliance.

Hi All, can someone give me a brief about WM, in terms of like we use a PC which has HDD and normally we install the OS onto it and whenever your OS got corrupted we can format the HDD and can reinstall the OS again.

In terms of Windows mobile, does it uses ROM space for the OS or is there any other space for OS installation ? ROM In case we are using WM6 and it got corrupted then can we reinstall the WM6 again ? yes reinstall wm6

What is SPB shell, is it a Keyboad software for WM ?yes some like that iphone type UI

If we are using HTC Touch <Sprint> with Tata services then can we use GPS or A-GPS on this mobile ? Yes use GPS from tata also because it is device features

thanx in advance for sparing your time.

breg,

S@N

Edited by vijaymalhotra_2007

what a clear explanation by dkaile. :clap:

@s4sanju : u go ahead man and buy the ooc and we are here to help u...

Ohh!! really, This forum (all the members) are really helpfull, specially experienced members, who always gives their best support to help seekers.

Dhiraj, thanx again dear. As per Sadik I might get my HTC Touch <Sprint> within 1 or 2 days so would be posting you ppl's lots of queries related to this PPC. Since I was an IT Administrator in Gillette for 6yrs so trust I wont take too much time to command over PPC.

breg

S@N

:previous: u r rite man.. u can get any ort of help for ur ppc and u dont have to wait for long.... all are really helpful...... :signthankspin:

Hi all, since I'm using Tata zone in Nokia mobile and it's free if you are surfing any wap site (eg http://wap.yahoo.com) thru it but recently someone has shared me that Tata zone can not be access thru Windows Mobile and if you are using Web browser to surf the site, it would be chargable.

your comments please ...

breg

S@N

No idea about Tata. But I think nothings free nowadays. But if you can access through Nokia for free you surely can also access from WM. However do clarify from Sadik when you buy the handset.

R WORLD is not free and we dont need R WORLD in our Mogul :Equivocado::Equivocado:

so most are least bothered about that...TATA ZONE is that still free ???

Some people who have old connections, have R World free.

Hi all, since I'm using Tata zone in Nokia mobile and it's free if you are surfing any wap site (eg http://wap.yahoo.com) thru it but recently someone has shared me that Tata zone can not be access thru Windows Mobile and if you are using Web browser to surf the site, it would be chargable.

your comments please ...

breg

S@N

Sanjeev I think use opera mini no charge i think so

It wont depend upon th browser u use.. it will depen on the conection u r using...if u have free connection then nothing wont cost u.. it dont depends on whether u r using ie or opera

Hey Harish, according to me, In Tata mobile, whenever you are using any wap site thru mini browser (by entering Tata zone) it won't charge you anything but if you are using tata mobile (Postpaid as prepaid doesn't support it) for net connection thru computer using dialup connection (username-internet / Password-internet) then you will be charged 40paisa/min (not matter whether you are in Home or Roaming network) and you got 128+Kbps (approx 18KBps download speed).

So I feel if Windows Mobile (WM6) doesn't allow Tata zone (wap site mini browser) and IE is the only option to view the full web sites then I think it uses in-built dialup connection (using same user id and password), if this really happens in the background then in this case user will be charge @40paisa/min.

:bs_help: => Sadik <-> Hetal - your valuable comments would address the several doubts

(BTW long time Hetal bhai in invisible mode :rolleyes: )

breg

S@N

Edited by s4sanju

@Sanjeev

It depends on the username and password that TATA/Nokia have entered in the WAP settings. You will have to see what are the wap settings entered that you are not being charged. That username and password is different from your phone no./internet that you are entering. And if you can get hold of that username and password then you will be able to surf FOC on any WM also.

Edited by dkaile

Hi Dhiraj,

Wap browser works thru ip address and it doesn't require any user id and password as it's a network based service which is FOC. I just had a discussion with Tata CC and they also confirm me the same and was also saying if you are using a phone (eg WM) and opening a proper Internet explorer to open a web site (eg www.yahoo.com) then it would cost you @40paisa/min.

(I'm not sure about using WM IE thru Tata service charge you or not as I've not used it)

Try using these -

TATA Wap Settings

Connection Name = TATA Zone

Dialer Connection Name = TATA Zone

Server Dial = #777

User Name = wapuser

Password = wapuser

Proxy Server IP = 172.23.252.15

Proxy Server Port = 9401

Means Proxy / Port = 172.23.252.15:9401

Wap Site Address = http://wap.tatazone.com