Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raccoon

Sms Inbox Getting Smaller!

Since the last 3 - 4 days, I'v been having a queer problem with my LG RD 2030! It has an inbox capacity of 30 text messages; but even if I have only 25, I now get an capacity full message, asking me to delete messages to make space. And now it seem to be getting even smaller ...like I have only 23 messages and get the same message!

I called up the LG service centre in Poona, and was told that the problem could be rectified by "placing a binary file in software".

I havent been able to take it to the service centre yet, because it is far, clashes with my work hours ...and there is only one in Poona. :angry:

Anybody else having this problem??? What could be the reason for this problem developing suddenly? :P I havent made any changes to the phone ...but yes I did convert to the pre-paid option about the same time. But surely that cant be linked to this problem? :help:

Four messages in "Unsent" folder and currently 24 in "Sent" folder ("Save Sent Messages" is selected). Zero voice messages (I'v never used voice mail).

But I dont see how this will make a difference; since the RD 2030 does not have a common memory pool! :P

Thanks...

Well, it always shows the 'Warning' when there is 23 messages in the Inbox.

Truly speaking the inbox size is for jus 29 msgs!

I've saved 29 msgs in each of my SENT and UNSENT Folders and am still able to keep 29 msgs in the INBOX.

As ARUN mentioned, after recieving the 23rd msg, u'll get a WARNING showing "MEMORY is xx% FULL" but u can still stretch upto 29 msgs. Once 29 msgs are there in ur INBOX and after that if theres any msg waiting to be delivered to ur inbox from the network, a msg reading "MESSAGE WAITING, please make space in your inbox" shall be displayed time and again, until u make space!

I'm not talking about the warning that is displayed by the phone about the percentage of memory that is full!!! :P I'm talking about the "Message waiting" warning ...which should be revieved only after 29 text messages occupy the inbox.

Besides, as i implied I'v been getting this problem only in the last 4 days or so (I'v had this phone for about 7 months) ...it is very much a new problem!

Oh! thats wierd. I guess you have to follow what the Serice Center told.

Possibly then there is a corruption or something in the message database file leading to the counter not being reset after deleting a message.

On your own U can try a few things:

1.Delete both inbox and outbox (not individual message deletion).

2.Restart the phone

... and see if the problem recurs.

If it still recurs then goto LG Service center for further Help like S/w Upgrade/Reburn.

Oh nooooo ...that means I'll have to delete some of my beloved messages?! :lol: ...And then wait for them to fill up again until i get to know if the problem has been solved!

Damn ....I better take it to he service station!

Just wished there were other people here with the same problem... :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks guys...

If you have Bitpim backup the sms directory to system and then do this deletion and restart...

Then restore messages from the backup :rolleyes:

Couldnt attempt that because I dont have a data cable :( ...as I wouldn't want to use my cell for accessing the net anyway - its just not economical!

Anyway, I took the cell to the LG service station today. Was told that the problem could be caused if someone sends a message which is more than 160 characters long ...probably from a GSM phone. Said he would fix the software which would solve the problem and it would not reoccur. But I lost all my stored SMSes! :D Address book seems intact though.

Now I have to wait for my Inbox to fill up to see if the problem has really been solved. That will take time as I dont SMS much. Can't quite understand why I'm paying a buck for one when my friends are paying 30p!!! :unsure:

I would also like to add here, the responses I got to some of my other problems. I'v always had a problem regarding voice clarity with other Reliance phones. The voice cracks and blurs every few seconds. And this seems to happen in conversations with only other Reliance phones. Very strange indeed, since both are CDMA and in the same network! :confuse: (Had taken the phone in with this complaint before, too). No solution is being offered and I was simply told that there isnt one!!! ;)

I talked about the poor battery life again ...and the fact that LG has stated battery life to be 140 mins talk time and 140 hrs standby. In some places I remember it being stated as a bit more. I was simply told that it would not give that much as this was a CDMA phone and these phones characteristically need more power as they keep "checking for the network constantly, etc, etc". And that I should not compare these phones with GSM phones. I said, I dont care ...LG has specified 140 mins/hrs talk/standby and anything less than that is a fraud!!! Well, the only solution I was offered : charge the bloody phone everyday! :angry:

Whats more my battrey dosent quite fit too well ...esp. around the left edge. So the phone tends to make squeaking sounds when the keypad is used. Quite irritating! Again no solution offered!!

Also learnt that it takes around 1000 K to change the covers of this phone! And thats sans the buttons ...and the back part? Well, you just need to change the battrey, I was told! Well, that costs about 750 at the WW and twice as much at the LG service centre!!! :help:

Well, this is a bried synopsis of the responses I received today and the last time I visited there (some 4 - 5 months ago). In a nutshell, all I can say is LG sux!!! :lol: