Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Jacob

Swap Your Handsets!

Hi Guys,

Does anyone tried to swap your handset between your friends n family? Like I want to swap my LG handset with one Samsung handset withing my family and to retain my number on the swaped handset! is it really possible?

Anyway, I spoke to customer care ppl and they said it is possible and both the parties should be personally present at the webworld. But before takeing the "customer misleading executives" i want to make it sure here that any one have such expereince? ;)

I've heard about it too that its possible, but haven't seen it actually.

how about if i want to upgrade my samsung a563 to a camera model!!! when will an upgrade scheme for that be available!

Well finally I found they will not do swaping of handset. I also faced a set back when they refused to convert my postpaid to prepaid as they will not do so for the connections made after 1st April, 2004. So I decided not to pay further bills atleast as I brought my handset under outright puchase. Probably this will be my last posting in RIMWEB community as a "RIM Member". Sorry guys, reliance s u c k s! :(

Well ...if you dont pay the bill ...what do u plan to do with the handset???

well, you brought it for the full price and want to throw it away ? why don't you transfer it to someone ? Which handset is it ?

handset upgrade option will be available very soon in webworlds........all handsets........

Hey guys ...PLS don't just destroy it and throw it away like that ...instead try to give it to somebody like Beetle for their autopsies ...or even me. :(

Hey there jacob,

Reliance does not allow many things(officially), Swapping being one of them.

You wanna swap the phone within the family, so its no big deal dude,

My bro's been using my RD2030 for over a month now. The Bill still does come back to me, but then in the family it can be settleed, right? Only draw back, The phones no are "like" hard coded.(they are *not* hard coded) into them.

And if you do decide to ditch reliance, My advice is dont ditch the phone, Once reliance gets its "schemes" sorted out, Im sure the phone can be replaced with the original LG firmware and used with other service providers.

We dont mind missing a phone for our autopsies after all. heh heh.