Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Vodafone, Tatasky, Sify Top Most Consumer Unfriendly List !

Vodafone, Tatasky, Sify top most consumer unfriendly list

18 Aug, 2008, 2002 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: Leading telecom firm Vodafone, DTH major TataSky and internet service provider Sify have topped the list of most consumer unfriendly companies in India.

According to a list of "Brands not Friendly and not Caring for Consumers" by the Consumer Online Resource & Empowerment (CORE), as many as 11 companies have not responded and cared to redress grievances brought to their notice.

The list is topped by Vodafone with 210 complaints against it and no replies and no resolution to any of the complaints. It is followed by TataSky and Sify Broadband & Online Shopping with 45 complaints registered against each and none resolved.

"While replying to our emails most of the companies say that they will respond soon, but they never turn up," Core Centre Manager (complaints) S Yadav said.

The list also inlcudes, Air Deccan with 10 complaints against it, Sahara City Homes (11), Club Mahindra Holidays (17), Discount Premium Club (6), Omaxe Developers (6), Vian Infrastructure (2), Sterling Resorts (2), and Indigo Airlines (15).

"Air Deccan and Club Mahindra have said they will reply in 10-15 days...in case even after their respective reply if the complainants are unsatisfied, we suggest them to go for consumer court for redressal," he said.

Among the 11 companies, only Air Deccan had replied to five of the complaints lodged against it by consumers, according to the CORE list.

Vodafone?????????? I dont believe it.

Iam using Vodafone from 3 years and their service and CC Support was too good.

me and my family have been using vodafone for ages now. my dad was one of the first few essar customers. our experience with the company has been amazing, be it hutch or vodafone. ive used reliance (dapo) for a couple of years too. the reliance cc was pathetic. as far as tatasky goes, ive never really had many problems, but whenever ive had to call the cc, theyve been very polite. the only problem i have is the signal cuts when it rains, but that has nothing to do with the cc.

How come our very own RCOM is missing in the list? It should have qualified to have been right on top, miles ahead of Vodafone, Tata Sky and Sify?

It appears that the list may have been manipulated by vested interests. That RCOM is nowhere speaks volumes by itself.

True .... Reliance not topping that list clearly shows vested interests ...... :rofl_200:

I am amazed by the fact that Air deccan has only 10 complaints lodged against it. Are these complaints lodged in consumer court or with the company?

If its with the company, then RCom must have at least a 1000 pending at any given point of time.

we always go by brand....the survey is right coz i have complalined to vodafone many time ..and failed to deliver. they are sweet talker///they even told me that they cant do anything... if I want can change the service...its the vested interest of some people who supports international brand and assume that such brands can do nothing wrong..my experience say reliance is the best

Edited by suvirajshetty

we always go by brand....the survey is right coz i have complalined to vodafone many time ..and failed to deliver. they are sweet talker///they even told me that they cant do anything... if I want can change the service...its the vested interest of some people who supports international brand and assume that such brands can do nothing wrong..my experience say reliance is the best

I too agree I worked with all of them and most ethical persons I have ever found are reliance and the Idea and Most unethical company I have ever found is Vodafone. they don't have manners how to talk.

i remember one incidence when i had meeting with Vodafone at someplace they introduced one of there manager like this("Man we have hired a new gal as Relationship Manager, age 26 years and still bachelor") :D probably Vodafone Sales head wanted to search a life partner for her :D .

they never bothered about the customers. even today they are selling the giving preactivated SIM cards to the retailers in Punjab and UP-West and many other places. there dealer don't have any SIM to activate the customers SIM. no wonder they are the worst in helping the customer.

I do agree that Reliance is not able to solve the problem at few occassions and they are getting High Lighted because of this forum which is highly active. where as there is no dedicated forum for Vodafone and Airtel and other operators. I bet if we have forum for vodafone you will get much much higher no of problems.

in reliance it's all about the resolution of problem. where as in Vodafone it's "Happy to Cheat you". for example I have one Vodafone no. I have activated the STD Mobile Pack(STD 1.5) when they dropped the STd charges to 1.3 i send SMS to activate the new STD charges and ask them to deactivate the STD mobile Pack. when I recieved the Bill my they charged me Rs 2.40 and Rs 1.50 for the calls and still they are not able to explain it.

Man biggest cheaters of the India are the part of the Team of Vodafone

Perhaps as far as my experience is concerned about CC, I am pretty much satisfied with reliance over any other. Perhaps reliance has better billing system, they resolve customer complaints too.

How come our very own RCOM is missing in the list? It should have qualified to have been right on top, miles ahead of Vodafone, Tata Sky and Sify?

It appears that the list may have been manipulated by vested interests. That RCOM is nowhere speaks volumes by itself.

I'd strongly agree. Very surprising that RCom does not figure in the "distinguished" list...

And Tata Sky??? :Confuso: We have been with them since last December, and their level of professionalism is better than most other service related companies I'v seen! Right from the people who did the installation to the customer service... they are better than most others... Yes, they have pissed me off with the changes in their plans and packages... but thats another issue...