Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

3g Iphone On Bsnl Soon !

3G iPhone on BSNL soon !

Indiatimes Infotech

The much sought-after 3G iPhone is coming to state-owned Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) network. The country's largest telecom service provider BSNL plans to launch Apple iPhone by December 2008.

Quoting a senior BSNL executive, a leading business daily reported that BSNL will introduce Apple's 3G iPhone for its subscribers across the country by December along with the launch of the third generation network.

The official said that BSNL is scheduled to hold a meeting of its circle heads at the end of this month, where it may take a decision on making iPhone available to consumers.

This means, unlike rivals Vodafone and Airtel, who currently hold licence for 3G iPhone in India, 3G iPhone on BSNL may actually support 3G services right from its launch.

BSNL and Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) are the first two government operators to get 3G licence. BSNL along with MTNL was given a head-start by the Department of Telecom (DoT) to roll out 3G services in the country.

While the private telecom companies have to acquire 3G spectrum through a process of bidding, both the public sector units have already been allotted spectrum on a pro-rata basis.

MTNL is reportedly installing 1.5 million 3G lines in the first phase in Delhi and Mumbai and plans to tie up with the content providers on revenue-sharing basis to enrich its high-end services. According to company officials, MTNL's network should be ready in the next two months in Delhi and four months in Mumbai.

well i am sure BSNL will keep the price of iphone much lower than airtel and vodaphone . . .

^^^

Yes my dear Akshat Bsnl will surely keep the price of Iphone lower then its rival operators. And also after 2-3 months Vodafone and Airtel too might reduce the price by some extent.

Regards.

BSNL will price it to genuine price, Government Companies dont over charge anything.

Hope MTNL too launch the 3G Iphone alongwith BSNL in December my dear friends.

Regards.

BSNL will price it to genuine price, Government Companies dont over charge anything.

I'd call that an old wives' tale... :D