Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Kingston Launches 32 Gb Sdhc Card In India !

Kingston Launches 32 GB SDHC Card in India

Kingston Technology has announced it is shipping a 32 GB SDHC Flash memory card for use with today's digital video camcorders and other high-resolution imaging devices. The new 32GB card is the largest capacity in Kingston's SDHC product family, which currently includes 4GB, 8GB and 16GB capacities.

img_93631_sdhc4_32gb_straight_hires_450x360.jpg

"With the growing popularity of digital video and the HD format, consumers continue to look for ways to extend recording times and maintain fast data transfer rates (DTR) to maximize the performance of their recording device," said Nitin Malhotra, Kingston Country Manager, India. "Our new 32GB SDHC memory card is optimized to meet the demands of high capacity and fast write speeds to help consumers share their lives through the use of video, photography and other creative devices. With the addition of the 32GB capacity card, Kingston is at the forefront of offering a versatile line of SDHC solutions to solve a variety of needs in today's digital imaging world."

Kingston's 32GB memory card will be handy for the increasing number of high resolution recording devices in the market. For example, the new 32GB SDHC card can capture more than 6,000 still images (with a 10MP camera) and over eight hours of video (for 6Mbps HD Extended recording). It features a built-in write-protect switch that prevents accidental data loss and is compatible with SDHC host devices but not compatible with standard SD-enabled devices/readers.

img_93641_sdhc4_32gb_angle_hires_450x360.jpg

The 32GB SDHC cards are backed by a lifetime warranty and free technical support and are available for Rs. 14,100.

Courtesy : Tech2

When i bought a 1gb card for my 6275,i had to shell out 1100 rupees.considering that a 32gb case would have cost not less than 30k had it been available then.

When i bought a 1gb card for my 6275,i had to shell out 1100 rupees.considering that a 32gb case would have cost not less than 30k had it been available then.

But 1 GB Kingston is available at less than 150.

So it would be around 32 * 150 = 4800(May Be) :Contento:

Who uses SD card now a days.

I always seen Kingston release big capacity only SD card, not MINI and MICRO SD. Not sure why.

excatly even i m interested in seeing when will 32gb micro SDHC card comes out.....though the 16 gb one is just around the corner ...

Very rightly said..

More and more devices requires Micro SD Cards now a days.

MICRO SDHC is way to go..!!

SanDisk developing 128 GB storage card for the mobiles

Bangalore, dhns:

SanDisk Corporation, the inventor of flash storage cards, is a vertically integrated manufacturer starting from research, manufacturing and product design to consumer branding and retail distribution.

Imagine the day when the mobile phone in your hand will become a virtual storehouse for videos, pictures, music and data. Days are not far when mobile phones will have expandable storage card with 128 GB (giga bites) capacity that will be able to hold 134 full-length Indian movies, close to 20,000 high resolution photos and 16,000 songs, or the same in any other combinations. SanDisk, one of global leaders in flash storage cards is developing a 128 GB microSD card for mobiles that will be ready by 2011. At present, the highest capacity in a microSD card is 8 GB.

Talking to Deccan Herald, Chief Operating Officer and one of the founders of US-based SanDisk Sanjay Mehrotra said “The tiny thumb-nail-size micro card will have storage capacity equal to today’s PCs. That is the power of digital flash memory which is faster, smaller and needs less power to operate.” On Thursday, Mr Mehrotra was in Bangalore which is the home for SanDisk’s India device design centre working on designing of flash memory chips and its controllers.

SanDisk Corporation, the inventor of flash storage cards, is a vertically integrated manufacturer starting from research, manufacturing and product design to consumer branding and retail distribution. Its product portfolio includes flash memory cards for mobile phones, digital cameras and camcorders; digital audio/video players (MP3 players); USB flash drives for consumers and the enterprise; embedded memory for mobile devices; and solid state drives for computers.

via deccan herald

^^^

Hmmm. 128 GB for mobiles....! Thats great my dear friends.

Hope we get the same soon.

Regards.

128 GB

I have still a 40 GB hard disk in my laptop, And I never found it small.

:o128 GB..............

exactly ......there r some people who cant even fill up 40 gb of their hard drive and there r others who use a 500gb hard drive.........

but one important thing would b if such flash memory based cards come to market than it will b a step further in reducing the dimensions of a laptop......with the hard drive gone and in its place a tiny card and with intel atom processor ....

Can I use 32GB microSD card in 8GB microSD card reader?

If it successfully acccess first quarter of the total capacity, it's sufficient for me.

I always seen Kingston release big capacity only SD card, not MINI and MICRO SD. Not sure why.

SD cards are used in Digital Cameras....and for DSLRs...you need hell a lot of storage space if you are shooting in RAW :)

it would be nice if dvd players could record onto SD cards - it would be cheaper than going for DTH recorders which are restricted in terms of monthly fees and big intrusive logos

even a usb 'out' would help since an external HDD could be plugged in for those who want to record TV shows

i bought off a sdhc 32gb "kingston card " of ebay from chinese seller for 750rs including shipping

it looks like a first copy and when i use in my laptop card reader is shows 32gb even after fat 32 format and i have filled it with 20 gb data and its working fine

lol , i know its not real product , but its been working fine for a month now , and i would say for 750rs its a paisa wasool ....lol

i bought off a sdhc 32gb "kingston card " of ebay from chinese seller for 750rs including shipping

it looks like a first copy and when i use in my laptop card reader is shows 32gb even after fat 32 format and i have filled it with 20 gb data and its working fine

lol , i know its not real product , but its been working fine for a month now , and i would say for 750rs its a paisa wasool ....lol

I got one 16GB Kingston fake knowing it to be fake for testing. When you copy, it will copy till full capacity but again when you access data, it will show garbage and error. It fools OS by programming at controller level to show fake capacity. Ultimately had to use a software to fix it and real capacity was 1 GB.

Don't know how it is working for you. But beware don't keep essential data. Dhokha dega kabhi bhi.

i know that

as i said i just tested and its working for a month , i just got it out of curisosity i never store any vital data on memory cards

Can I use 32GB microSD card in 8GB microSD card reader?

If it successfully acccess first quarter of the total capacity, it's sufficient for me.

Please someone answer my question.....

@kesav

Which brand Micro SD Card Reader do you have? Generally i have not come across any card reader that specifies a limit for card capacity. If it can access and show in PC true capacity, should not be an issue. If access is there, Copy data till full capacity on Card and then copy the same data from card to another location on PC. If data is o.k. it will work.

:previous:

I've huawei USB modem which has microSD slot and its specification says it can read upto 8GB.

At the moment, I don't have any microSD card but I'm planing to buy one.

I've dilemma now on whether to go for 8GB or 32GB.

If someone can confirm that I can access 1/4th of the space in 32GB through my reader without issue, I can buy 32GB card itself for being future-proof.

i haven find 32gb card in markets here in kolkata

may be the reason is they are very costly