Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mihirf2003

Foreign Cdma Handsets On Tata

Hey, I have heard through this forum that Tata Indicom accepts foreign Handsets... I have some of my cousins coming from US... So can any CDMA handset be used with TATA INDICOM... Plz clarify...

AND can IPHONE brought from there be unlocked in India an used in any other GSM networks...bcoz the iphone available here is ridiculously overpriced...

Plz guide me...

Yes, tata do accept foreign handsets. But it should have MSL / SPC as 000000. If it is verizon, then SPC is usually 000000 where as sprint uses unique SPC for each handset.

You also need to load PRL. If SPC is known than you can write PRL very easily using PST. Else unless you know SPC you will not be able to do any thing.

Hey, I have heard through this forum that Tata Indicom accepts foreign Handsets... I have some of my cousins coming from US... So can any CDMA handset be used with TATA INDICOM... Plz clarify...

AND can IPHONE brought from there be unlocked in India an used in any other GSM networks...bcoz the iphone available here is ridiculously overpriced...

Plz guide me...

for cdma handsets just as kshah mentioned it can b made to work on tata if u know spc ....

for iphone if u r considering iphone first generation than yes u can unlock it ....as far as iphone 3g goes no unlocking solution is yet available for it......but the news is that iphone dev team has almost rigged the baseband so the unlocking solution will b out anytime soon ....so if u want u can get it ....

Imported Iphone 3G can work on any network with the help of Turbo Sim

Imported Iphone 3G can work on any network with the help of Turbo Sim

Could you please explain what is Turbo sime.

first off it is not advisableto use a turbo sim to unlock ...software solns is the wat to go

turbosim simply is a sim card holder in which u place your sim and insert into device ....it fools your device in thinking that your sim is a test sim and the phone feature starts working

afaik there is no definative turbo sim for iphone 3g ....most sites which claim to sell these r scams......and there r no reports of people using IPHONE 3G with turbo sims.....even here in mumbai if u go to heera panna or any other market they will tell u that unlocking is still not available....... everyone is waiting for dev team to come up with their unlocking solution......and they r just round the corner for releasing their unlocking soln ...so i see no need to go for turbo sim ( if at all it is available)

@PKDaga Turbo SIM Works nicely with iPhone 3G but Buy it from Good Company. Poorly Manufactured Turbo SIM can be problematic to Hardware.

Turbo SIM is a Sim Card which when it get Power from Phone Read IMEI and other Authentication data from Actual Sim Temper the Network ID from say 404-21 Airtel to 310 - 40 AT&T and thus it fools iPhone to thinks it have AT&T Sim Card.

Thicker Turbo SIM can also make Original SIM Holders Contacts Point loose on Original SIM.

Yes, tata do accept foreign handsets. But it should have MSL / SPC as 000000. If it is verizon, then SPC is usually 000000 where as sprint uses unique SPC for each handset.

You also need to load PRL. If SPC is known than you can write PRL very easily using PST. Else unless you know SPC you will not be able to do any thing.

so it means that if it it is verizon it can be used here as the SPC is usually 000000 ????

Plz guide me...

for cdma handsets just as kshah mentioned it can b made to work on tata if u know spc ....

for iphone if u r considering iphone first generation than yes u can unlock it ....as far as iphone 3g goes no unlocking solution is yet available for it......but the news is that iphone dev team has almost rigged the baseband so the unlocking solution will b out anytime soon ....so if u want u can get it ....

so if i get an iphone 2G it will be easily be unlocked but not the iphone 3G right???....and can anyone plz tell me where can i get a turbo sim...

Yes. Ideally speaking verizon handsets could be activated on tata but one has to write tata prl in order to dial *228. As it can not be dialed while roaming.

Plz guide me...

so if i get an iphone 2G it will be easily be unlocked but not the iphone 3G right???....and can anyone plz tell me where can i get a turbo sim...

better still... if u are getting a 2g iphone with a v2.1 firmware then u neednt even bother unlocking it as it automatically works with the airtel and vodafone network...

besides getting a 3g iphone till u have 3g networks here seems like an overprice waste when u can get almost all the features from the 2g one but for gps... think about it !

i second the above statement...whats the point of iphone 3g when u dont have 3g here and by the time it comes apple will b on its way of releasing new version of iphone....so its better to stick with iphone 2g ...........even i m using iphone 2g since last yr dont feel like upgrading to iphone 3g coz its useless u get all the features except for gps ......

also as far as gps goes just recently 3rd party gps dongles have been made available for iphone 2g for 50$.......