Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

Dear Rimwebians,

I have searched and researched the world and the web on various OS phones. Palm OS is a wonderful, efficient and fast interface. But to feel the actual real experience and ease of handling, installation of 3rd party applications is mandatory. Moreover, the handset gives unmatched voice quality and constant network presence. No calldrop even in single network bar. Soft call connect never fails. Thanks to EVDO-the latest in CDMA worldwide. Data bandwith is lightning speed.

The only drawback i feel is the battery standby and talktime. Talktime of 3 hrs is max. CDMA network will drain any mobile phone battery due to cellsite overpowering. EVDO based implemenation can further bring down battery charge. Those using the handheld as a data gizmo will find it hard to carry on till evening. The solution is using Seidieo extended battery for Treo 755p, the 2100mah fits perfectly in the battery compartment, giving 30% of more talktime. A Seidieo 3200mah battery for Treo can last for 9 hrs talktime and 2 days of standby, it comes with an extended battery cover included as the hi capacity battery will be bigger.

Blazer is an average browser, not comparable to Opera S60V3 or Opera 9.5 Windows Mobile. Blazer stops midway while browsing. Xiino 3rd party browser is worse. It is very difficult to install Operamini on Treo 755p, because Palm has stopped supporting IBM java websphere so no java midlets. And even if all this is installed, only 1 in 100 work.

Ringtones come bundled with wavs and midi. Mp3 software need to be put in. Ringtone quality is below average. Need to comprise bitrate and sampling as per this handset.

Update to latest firmware is very important to avoid crash and soft reset.

Palm has no support in India, forget Treo 755p. Haahaah Palm is already in Windows, other OS comming soon. Its better than HTC, LG, Nokia 6275 or Spice 1111(new CDMA Pda), or LG 10000 brew based phones.

Once the network parameters are set, network logged in, number active, its hassle free till one intends to change the handset as support for RUIM or handset change is not available.

Can set MP3 ringtones only from mini sd card. Using Hotsync is not required at all even for applications installation. Beware, the data cable costs Rs 800 and the charger costs Rs 500, the battery around Rs 1000. So use it with utmost care.

continued..

The Treo 755p dosent support DUN on Bluesoleil or any othe DUN. It has to be interfaced thru Hotsync. Serial connect to link the pda via ppp is also not easy. To use the laptop's or PC's internet shared connection is not friendly. A2DP is not available on 755p, but possible with softick ppp. The dosnt have sms delivery report option. It has thread sms so one can link past msgs frm a particular sender.if the LED blinks constantly, it will run dwn the battery. Using power hero, one can swith off the key lights and reduce the screen brightness so a 15% rise in battery. SkinUI and Takephone are best addons for appearence change. Other bulky skins will reset on call. Network connect by power vision takes a few attempts. There are 39000 palm hacks and application available. palm OS 3rd party applications are not available on any wap sites. Phone dosnt warm up thats the biggest plus! If Reliance will incorporate true EVDO, the Treo 755p will deliver supersonic speed of 1.4Mbps aka mobile broadband. There are 100s of 3G-EVDO high end handsets availble abroad. Most run on IS95B and CDMA2000 which are compatible in India. Hope to live with the best!!

There are 1051 positive reviews published on the net on Treo 755p. Palm and Sprint/Verizon are one of the most trusted cellcoms of US. Their technology ought to be the best in the sphere. If one intends to retain the 755p for a while and enjoy the goodies, this is it. Not advisible to spend more mullahs during unsteady convergence markets. All the best to all all. Happy New Year.

Thanks to EVDO-the latest in CDMA worldwide. Data bandwith is lightning speed.
The only drawback i feel is the battery standby and talktime. Talktime of 3 hrs is max.

no point taliking about evdo as v will never get it here.

since v dont have evdo so on 1RTT network the battery life is around 4-4.5hrs ....if u use bluetooth for talking u should get 3-3.5hrs of talktime

It is very difficult to install Operamini on Treo 755p, because Palm has stopped supporting IBM java websphere so no java midlets

u can install jvm on your device and then can install latest version of opera mini 4.1 and it works much better than blazer

Ringtone quality is below average. Need to comprise bitrate and sampling as per this handset.

it is much better than other ppcs that i have used ....also it is much louder if u use volume care it is even louder than my n95

Can set MP3 ringtones only from mini sd card. Using Hotsync is not required at all even for applications installation

though u can install application from sd card also but it is advisable to hotysnc the applications

Once the network parameters are set, network logged in, number active, its hassle free till one intends to change the handset as support for RUIM or handset change is not available.

when r a member of this gr8 forum theres no need to worry about this

The Treo 755p dosent support DUN on Bluesoleil or any othe DUN. It has to be interfaced thru Hotsync. Serial connect to link the pda via ppp is also not easy. To use the laptop's or PC's internet shared connection is not friendly. A2DP is not available on 755p, but possible with softick ppp. The dosnt have sms delivery report option

treo supports both dun and reverse dun all neccessary softwares regarding same have been posted before.......serial connect to link pda via ppp is the most easiest to .i would advise not use softick ppp if u want2 stay away from troubles

read through the entire thread and you will find how amazing the device is

palm OS 3rd party applications are not available on any wap sites

which aplications u want ??????? just post ur request here , myself or someelse will post the required software

The dosnt have sms delivery report option

u can use master sms .....its been posted here

Hi guys, anyone has solution for Callrec 6.0? Thanks in advance

Hi guys, anyone has solution for Callrec 6.0? Thanks in advance

CallRec_solved.zip

I have bought mobile from sadik but now it is not working with reliance i thing some settings or configuration is required can anybody help me to configure it with reliance.my email is deepak26101973@gmail.com better if post in the forum also so that everybody can be helped.

Edited by deepak26101973

I have bought mobile from sadik but now it is not working with reliance i thing some settings or configuration is required can anybody help me to configure it with reliance.my email is deepak26101973@gmail.com better if post in the forum also so that everybody can be helped.

Dear Deepak,

Saddik Bhai is your best bet. Send him a message with details of your problem. You can even post the exact problem in detail on the forum.

And Dr Mufaddal, thanks for the Call Rec - many thanks again.

BB

@deepak

You have to be specific if u want a specific answer, because saying that my Treo is not working is a very vague question. Was it working when u received it from Sadikk? If so, what did u do that it stopped working. Be specific so that ur problem can be identified...

hi friends i want to know should we update latest software version from net 1.07 for our treo , as the website says it gives more stability

hi friends i want to know should we update latest software version from net 1.07 for our treo , as the website says it gives more stability

Dear Dr Mufaddal, the call rec you posted is version 4. I am looking for a solution to version 6.0. Besides the version 4 you posted (same as the one poseted a few days earlier) does not work. So, guys and dolls, once again any help on solution to call rec would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dear Dr Mufaddal, the call rec you posted is version 4. I am looking for a solution to version 6.0. Besides the version 4 you posted (same as the one poseted a few days earlier) does not work. So, guys and dolls, once again any help on solution to call rec would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

bro i know it is version 4 .....but u had asked for solution and the solution ( call rec kg) in the rar works for both version 6 and other previous versions.just install it first n it will give u the code ...then uninstall the KG and install whichever version of call rec u want

yes bro u can go to palm site and downlaod the version 1.07 ......just install nv backup on your phone n just take a full system backup and after update just restore your phone back and u should b done

@hritik

Its always better to upgrade to 1.07, though I dont know about stability part. Follow the instructions on Palm site and upgrade by the Mini Sd card method. Its simple and u will be done in no time...

LightWav is the MP3/WAV/OGG ringtone and caller ID manager that you will ever need. LightWav is packed with cool features such as MP3/WAV/OGG ringtones, full screen JPG callerID, GIF and Animated GIF and Live! video callerID, callerID blocking, Announce call with many different languages, ringtone volume boosting, do not disturb, call notes, Missed Call, powerful Simple Profile and many more features.

For advanced users you can block out any caller with caller ID, block SMS message, launch any application with SMS message filtering.

For advanced and professional users you can use the Call Completion feature to add call notes after each call to keep a history of the conversation with each caller. You can then export the call notes to the

Memopad application or to a text file on the external card for reports.

LightwavPro282_115.KT.solved.rar

LightWav is the MP3/WAV/OGG ringtone and caller ID manager that you will ever need. LightWav is packed with cool features such as MP3/WAV/OGG ringtones, full screen JPG callerID, GIF and Animated GIF and Live! video callerID, callerID blocking, Announce call with many different languages, ringtone volume boosting, do not disturb, call notes, Missed Call, powerful Simple Profile and many more features.

For advanced users you can block out any caller with caller ID, block SMS message, launch any application with SMS message filtering.

For advanced and professional users you can use the Call Completion feature to add call notes after each call to keep a history of the conversation with each caller. You can then export the call notes to the

Dr. Mufaddal, Call Rec solution worked. Thanks again

BB

Dr. Mufaddal, Call Rec solution worked. Thanks again

BB

Dear Friends,

Could some also post the solutions for

1. pTunes

2. Magic Tones

3. Douments

Thanks in advance

ur 700p prob solved? bb...

lightwave is an excellent software but my system crashed while using it....could not receive calls.. i think phone technician is a better bet...its stable and works good....but i miss the full screen caller id feature of lighwave....

lightwave is an excellent software but my system crashed while using it....could not receive calls.. i think phone technician is a better bet...its stable and works good....but i miss the full screen caller id feature of lighwave....

this application is very heavy on resources as the dynamic heap memory is less thats y there r some issues not only with this but some other astraware games as well

i m using UDMH which incraeses your heap memory ......so far havent had any crashes with lightwav

Dear Friends,

Could some also post the solutions for

1. pTunes

2. Magic Tones

3. Douments

Thanks in advance

here u go bro

PTUNES_DELUXE.rar

MagicTones_Hbby_1.13.zip

DocsToGo_10.002.zip

ur 700p prob solved? bb...

Hi dkaile, no still have the same problem, can't connect to the net. Even though I have the MSL and other codes now, but can't change the browser from going to the sprint.com inplace of rworld. Any suggestions?

Thanks for asking