Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chirag

Windows Xp Service Pack2

Windows has released Service Pack2 for XP. To view details Click here

There is an option to order the CD of SP2 at zero cost! Is it secure enuf to order the CD, coz i dont want to dl 100-200 MB of data! Hope they dont send cops to check up my computer for Licence! :unsure:

Thats gr8, I've just ordered one. Looks as if it will take about a month or so. And I do have a licensed copy of XP running :unsure:

thanks for the tip chirag. i was just starting the 200 meg download - i have ordered the cd; lets see if they can send it in a couple of days.

hey ppl, check if your copy is licensed; there was an issue with SP2 where it would not update if the pirated keys were found on the system - dont put yourself in **** :( if u have an original copy, go ahead otherwise jus chuck the idea

one of the new features could be spoofed so that it reports misleading information about system security, or worse, lets a malicious program watch for an opportunity to do damage without being detected.

The feature is the Windows Security Center, which displays the status of the key elements of your defenses: Firewall, Updates, and Antivirus. If your firewall has been disabled, or your antivirus is out of date, that news will display here. The information is stored in an internal database managed by the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) subsystem built into Windows.

Based on an anonymous tip, we looked into the WMI and the Windows Security Center's use of it, and found that it may not only be a security hole, but a crater. Due to the nature of WMI, it could potentially allow attackers to spoof the state of security on a user's system while accessing data, infecting the system, or turning the PC into a zombie for spam or other purposes.